Henchoz signals reds exit

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:19 pm

the great one wrote:We shouldn't be too surprised Rafa does that to players he doesn't like he did it to Killy gonazles after signing him in the summer i think it was 2001. He forced him out in january and moved to Inter in january and it might of bein the same thing which happened to Owen.

Kily got an attiude problem, that why Rafa got rid of him and I remember Kily got heavy fined by Valencia for refused to be on sub bench in Spanish League.

Rafa WON'T put up with it if anyone got any attitudes problem like Le Tallec that why he send him back to France for a season on loan.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:34 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:
the great one wrote:We shouldn't be too surprised Rafa does that to players he doesn't like he did it to Killy gonazles after signing him in the summer i think it was 2001. He forced him out in january and moved to Inter in january and it might of bein the same thing which happened to Owen.

Kily got an attiude problem, that why Rafa got rid of him and I remember Kily got heavy fined by Valencia for refused to be on sub bench in Spanish League.

Rafa WON'T put up with it if anyone got any attitudes problem like Le Tallec that why he send him back to France for a season on loan.

He did have an attitude problem which Diouf has but he never gave them much of a chance before he got rid of them,especially killy as he just arrived in spain and had to learn the lanaguage but benitez quickly go rid of him in january very harsh and its funny how he wants to go back to Valencia now that his gone  :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:42 am

Football is a risky business. He should be more professional. It's a circle of life as a footballer... some veterans might got better option, but not all...
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ssss » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:41 am

the great one wrote:
Stan Laurel wrote:He did have an attitude problem which Diouf has but he never gave them much of a chance before he got rid of them..

I pretty much agree with rafa's method..ability comes second behind professionalism....you've got no business being a professional footballer if you aint professional no matter how talented you are
ssss

Postby Red_Si » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:44 am

Can anyone explain what's gone on with Henchoz?

He can't suddenly have become a sh1t player over night.
He looked ok during pre-season games.
Red_Si

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:09 pm

The_Rock wrote:http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=Post;CODE=02;f=1;t=8055

'Outlaw' Henchoz slams Benitez

LIVERPOOL (AFP) - Swiss international defender Stephane Henchoz is set to leave English Premiership giants Liverpool and he admitted on Friday that he couldn't leave fast enough.
The 30-year-old slammed Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez for leaving him out in the cold since he took over from Gerard Houllier last summer having made just four appearances, three in the League Cup and one in the Champions League.

"I am the king of the outlaws at Liverpool and my time is up at the club," said Henchoz, whose contract runs out in the summer.

"As far as they are concerned, I no longer exist.

"If I now leave it will be as a free agent and Liverpool won't make a single penny from me."

"After what the manager has done to me, I'm not going to give him any presents."

The Swiss centre-back says he has been made to train with the other out of favour players and could be on his way to relegation candidates Southampton.

"I need to find a challenge that excites me and a club that really clicks with me," he said.

"I could still stay in England. There are already two or three possibilities and things are beginning to get moving."

why have you posted this again, its already on the thread twice??
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:13 pm

7_Kewell wrote:he has no pace anymore, Rafa tried him at right back and he was nowhere near his marker because he just couldn't catch them.  Sorry, but if you've got no pace, you're no good for the Premership.

guess most of our back four shouldnt be playing then.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Sean » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:18 pm

Whoever said Henchoz no longer has the pace for the premiership is well off the mark.  The number 1 criteria for a premiership defender these days is to be able to handle the ball in the box and get away with it (e.g. Tiago of Chelsea & Cole of Arsenal).  Henchoz can do this perfectlt as he proved a few times in the 2001 cup final. 

On a more serious not he would be a great buy for Southampton.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:32 pm

Yeah but that was the past and time have change.

It is best for Henchoz to leave the club, I would be sorry if he go to another club because he done a lot of things for Liverpool for last 5 years.

I wish him all the best for the future, yes you are right Sean, that Southampton would be a great buy for him.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:38 pm

Soccernet

Henchoz still considering his options

Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz insists he has not ruled out a move to Rangers.
The Switzerland international has been offered a deal by Rangers but had told reporters in his home country that he wanted to stay in England.

However the 30-year-old maintains he has made no final decision on his future.

Henchoz told BBC Sport: 'I haven't made up my mind yet.

'There are two clubs from the Premiership interested, but all three are interesting offers.

'My agent is dealing with the negotiations with Rangers. I need to see what is the best option.'
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:48 pm

Sad to see it all getting bitter and twisted, best of luck to him though and thanks for the memories
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:51 pm

Liverpool Defender Could Remain In North West
Mark Heys

Bolton's interest in the Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz could be taken a stage further following the arrival of Mauricio Pellegrino at Anfield.

The former Blackburn Rovers player is expected to end his association with the Merseyside club in the January transfer window after being frozen out by the Pool manager Rafael Benitez.

Argentine veteran Pellegrino is being added as cover for the likes of Jamie Carragher and Sammi Hyppia meaning that Henchoz will be pushed further down the pecking order in the Reds first team.

A number of clubs have expressed an interest in the services of Henchoz, notably the likes of Charlton Athletic and Southampton, but Wanderers boss Sam Allardyce is hoping to keep the player in the North West area.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:00 pm

shame really. with kirkland unbelievably crocked, i though henchoz could have made an excellent backup goalkeeper. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:23 pm

stmichael wrote:shame really. with kirkland unbelievably crocked, i though henchoz could have made an excellent backup goalkeeper. :D

:D lol i would come over the atlantic to see henchoz play keeper :D
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:09 pm

It is a reality that faces all professional players. If you are not up to the standard require, you are expected to buck up or face being sideline. That is what happened to Henchoz. And I have no ideal why is he blaming RB? One day, Gerrard, Riise, Baros and all the rest of the current 11 will come to a point that they no longer play like they used to. Most likely they will be sold cheaply to bottom half clubs or retire from football. Alan Shearer, Maldini, Cafu, Figo, Zidane etc, they are all exceptional cases.

Maybe Henchoz got to do a bit of reflection on himself. A player that doesn't perform and bad mouth his manager. Ridiculous...
marcus.c

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion