Troare first to be shown the exit door.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MASTER » Tue May 23, 2006 10:37 am

Morientes has to go first, always in the team and never does anything so him first.
MASTER

Postby coolsobs » Tue May 23, 2006 10:44 am

andy_g wrote:ta for a couple of decent tackles, djimi. don't trip over the doorstep on your way out.

and woof, if kronkamp does go it might actually be a very shrewd piece of business by benitez. if he knew all along he would have to, or want to, sell a right back in the summer he went and made a swap - an awful one for one that someone might actually want to buy.

selling kromkamp would be stupid, the reason why rafa bought him was to cover for finnan when he was injured or needed a rest and to be fair to kromkamp he hasn't been able to play at right back really and when he has, he has played well enough.
coolsobs

Postby coolsobs » Tue May 23, 2006 10:45 am

thegreedo wrote:I think the lad deserves a round of applause. To earn a wage for five years at Anfield with that level of ability is nothing short of a miracle.

I have to say though at the end of the day he is, for the time being still a red and we have always been forgiving of lack of ability, it's just lack of effort that is really unacceptable so, as his level of effort has never really been an issue we should give the lad a break.

well said. good luck djimmy
coolsobs

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue May 23, 2006 11:12 am

coolsobs wrote:
andy_g wrote:ta for a couple of decent tackles, djimi. don't trip over the doorstep on your way out.

and woof, if kronkamp does go it might actually be a very shrewd piece of business by benitez. if he knew all along he would have to, or want to, sell a right back in the summer he went and made a swap - an awful one for one that someone might actually want to buy.

selling kromkamp would be stupid, the reason why rafa bought him was to cover for finnan when he was injured or needed a rest and to be fair to kromkamp he hasn't been able to play at right back really and when he has, he has played well enough.

Kromkamp is not going to dislodge Finnan at RB and is not dynamic/quick enough to stake a claim for RM. If we get Alves (who by the sound of things can play very well at both RB and RM) then it's bye bye Kromkamp. I don't doubt the guy has ability but he is not the kind of player who is going to improve our squad massively!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Tue May 23, 2006 11:30 am

Behind that usually benign and modest face, Rafa Benitez is a very single minded and stubborn ruthlessness, exactly the quality required to become a top manager.

I remembered Bob Paisley, the very media shy but utterly successful manager of Liverpool FC, who always bought ahead and plan his players' succession - the exception was Kenny Dalglish who was signed after Keegan left. Alan Hansen, Graeme Souness, David Johnson, Mark Lawrenson to name a few were signed and eventually pushed out legends such as Emlyn Hughes (the young Alan Hansen was so good that Hughes, then captain, was deployed back to left back after playing at central defence for some time), Jimmy Case, John Toshack, Phil Thompson. Phil Thompson was the captain who lifted the European Cup in 1981 but by 1982/83 he was regularly out of the first team behind Mark Lawrenson and his captaincy taken over by Graeme Souness.

Traore played well (by his standards) by the second half of 2004/05 and was rewarded with a new contract after the CL win but he was, IMHO, always an accident waiting to happen and really has no place in any position of defence with the likes of Riise, Finnan and even Kronkamp and Warnock on the fullbacks' position and certainly not in central defence with Carra, Sammi and Agger in the squad.

Goodluck and thanks for the memories.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue May 23, 2006 5:56 pm

Coleman facing fight for Anfield ace    Mon, May 22 2006 17:00

Chris Coleman is facing competition from Premiership rivals Manchester City in his attempts to sign Liverpool defender Djimi Traore. 
The Cottagers boss is keen to recruit the Frenchman having seen his attempts to sign loan star Wayne Bridge from Chelsea hit the buffers.
Coleman has already seen Portsmouth rule out a move for left-back Matthew Taylor, prompting the Welshman to turn his attentions to Anfield. However, with City boss Stuart Pearce now entering the running, Traore may prefer the prospect of staying in the north west of England.

Traore appears surplus to requirements on Merseyside and Reds boss Rafa Benitez is prepared to consider offers for him.

The imminent arrival of Valencia full-back Fabio Aurelio looks set to push him further down the pecking order behind fellow full-backs John Arne Riise and Stephen Warnock.

Coleman had a bid for Traore rejected by Benitez this time last year, but is preparing another approach to land his man this time around.

snap his arm off rafa! never mind swapping for malbranque, just get shut

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby EddieC » Tue May 23, 2006 5:57 pm

red37 wrote:Coleman facing fight for Anfield ace   

Who's that then?
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue May 23, 2006 6:39 pm

We have TWO premiership clubs interested in Traore  ???

I am not being harsh saying that but i am shocked, he is a terrible player, his positional sense and awareness are awful as his distribution is also nowhere near good enough.
Full backs should be comfortable bringing the ball forwards and offer support to the winger and although he is a player that gives 100 % sometimes that isnt enough.

I am intrigued to see how much money these 2 crazy men would pay for Djimi though.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 23, 2006 7:19 pm

Full backs should be comfortable bringing the ball forwards and offer support to the winger and although he is a player that gives 100 % sometimes that isnt enough.

Although he usually plays as a foolback for Liverpool I still see him as a centre back rather like Thuram (lol) who played at full back for his country and centre back for his club.
skysports

Even his agent doesnt sound too optimistic about price.
account deleted by request

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue May 23, 2006 10:32 pm

s@int wrote:

Although he usually plays as a foolback for Liverpool I still see him as a centre back rather like Thuram (lol) who played at full back for his country and centre back for his club.
skysports

Hmm a centre back that loses out in there air to SWP, no wonder his agent is not optimistic about the price.
I seriously would give him a free transfer if we couldnt get any money for him.

He is THAT bad.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Thu May 25, 2006 12:41 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y7fdJWap2ks&search=traore

:D  I will miss him. Not even Ronaldinho would have pulled that one out of the hat.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Thu May 25, 2006 8:15 am

sell him to everton, then we can see them relagated :D  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Morth » Thu May 25, 2006 8:37 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ECwFTB9xlj4&search=traore

We did sign the new Zidane after all, it just wasn't that Cheroyu fella!
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed May 31, 2006 3:34 pm

MONACO KEEN ON TRAORE

Monaco are thought to be interested in bringing Liverpool defender Djimi Traore to the Stade Louis II.

Traore is keen to quit Anfield, with The Reds unlikely to stand in the player's way, and is rumoured to be a target for the Principality.

Monaco have already met the 26-year-old and talks between the two clubs are due to open in the coming days to discuss the possibility of either a loan move or permanent transfer.

Meanwhile, Monaco defender Francois Modesto has agreed a contract extension at the club.

The 27-year-old was a regular in their starting line-up last term and club officials have been satisfied by his performances.

Despite serious interest from Rangers, Marseille and Galatasaray, the French stopper has accepted a contract offer to stay at Monaco until 2010.

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....+TRAORE
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Wed May 31, 2006 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Wed May 31, 2006 3:39 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
s@int wrote:

skysports

Hmm a centre back that loses out in there air to SWP, no wonder his agent is not optimistic about the price.
I seriously would give him a free transfer if we couldnt get any money for him.

He is THAT bad.

Good proffessional. Shame all players didn't have his attitude. But in the long run you need to be more than a good person and a hard worker to play for this club.

He simply never had the ability and was nowhere near good enough.
Good Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion