Henry is close to joining ! - Bookies taking no more bets.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Thinkpad » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:21 am

Maybe Dein is replacing someone here.... Maybe..
Thinkpad

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:37 am

Well according to the Daily Express this morning Henry is ready to listen to offers to move him away from Arsenal. But he says " Im flattered to be wanted by clubs like Milan and Barcelona its like a dream come true" So i dont know how to take this it looks like he wants to leave but to Ac or Barca

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:16 am

RichardLFC1 wrote:Well according to the Daily Express this morning Henry is ready to listen to offers to move him away from Arsenal. But he says " Im flattered to be wanted by clubs like Milan and Barcelona its like a dream come true" So i dont know how to take this it looks like he wants to leave but to Ac or Barca

Yeah, just read that actually. We can live in hope!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:59 am

Arsenal captain Thierry Henry has admitted it is "great to hear" of AC Milan's interest in him.

And the France striker, who has also been linked with a move to Barcelona over the last 18 months, claims the whole club has been unsettled by vice-chairman David Dein's departure last season.

On the Milan link Henry told The Sun: "That is great to hear. How can it be anything else?"

"As I have said many times, at the moment I am an Arsenal player. But everyone knows that a lot of stuff has happened at the club recently that wasn't supposed to happen.

"So the only thing I can tell you is right now I am an Arsenal player but I cannot deny it's nice to hear about Milan."

Dein left the Gunners in April after a disagreement on a potential takeover and Henry said his influence around the club had been noticeable already.

"The bosses have been unsettled and a lot of players at the club have been unsettled," he added.

"I was devastated when Mr Dein left the club. I don't know what happened and I don't want to know but whatever went on, Mr Dein leaving was not a clever move.

"Although no one is bigger than the club, Arsene Wenger and Mr Dein are really close to being Arsenal.

"So if you ask me if there was one person on the board I would not like to see leaving, I would have said Mr Dein.

"Unfortunately it is out of my hands. I don't agree with what has happened but sometimes that's the way things are. We just have to move on."
112-1077774096

Postby Paul C » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:54 am

peewee wrote:Arsenal captain Thierry Henry has admitted it is "great to hear" of AC Milan's interest in him.

And the France striker, who has also been linked with a move to Barcelona over the last 18 months, claims the whole club has been unsettled by vice-chairman David Dein's departure last season.

On the Milan link Henry told The Sun: "That is great to hear. How can it be anything else?"

"As I have said many times, at the moment I am an Arsenal player. But everyone knows that a lot of stuff has happened at the club recently that wasn't supposed to happen.

"So the only thing I can tell you is right now I am an Arsenal player but I cannot deny it's nice to hear about Milan."

Dein left the Gunners in April after a disagreement on a potential takeover and Henry said his influence around the club had been noticeable already.

"The bosses have been unsettled and a lot of players at the club have been unsettled," he added.

"I was devastated when Mr Dein left the club. I don't know what happened and I don't want to know but whatever went on, Mr Dein leaving was not a clever move.

"Although no one is bigger than the club, Arsene Wenger and Mr Dein are really close to being Arsenal.

"So if you ask me if there was one person on the board I would not like to see leaving, I would have said Mr Dein.

"Unfortunately it is out of my hands. I don't agree with what has happened but sometimes that's the way things are. We just have to move on."

If thats not a 'come and get me' I don't know what is!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:36 am

Henry may well leave but to another English side?  I really doubt that.  Arsenal would be crazy to sell to another english side.  Its well known that Barca want Henry and if he is avaliable I see them doing everything to take him to Barcelona.  The wages alone they could offer would crazy.
puroresu

Postby Paul C » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:47 am

puroresu wrote:Henry may well leave but to another English side?  I really doubt that.  Arsenal would be crazy to sell to another english side.  Its well known that Barca want Henry and if he is avaliable I see them doing everything to take him to Barcelona.  The wages alone they could offer would crazy.

Yeah I think that too, Liverpool are the only team that MIGHT be able to get him with Henry being mates with Gerrard and the comments he's made about LFC/fans being great, I really don't see why someone would want to go to Milan, their not the same team they used to be and the team is getting quite old, you could see that the way we battered them in the final and they looked quite average, if we'd had a decent striker on the field we would have walked that game and with Henry we could really dominate the european and domestic league, were just one piece away from being a truely great team........... Henry is the missing piece imo.

I think that you'll find Milan putting a bid in over the next 7 days with the comments Henry has made in the media.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:50 am

pants around ankles and ready for action  :D
Homebooby

Postby puroresu » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:03 pm

Paul C wrote:
puroresu wrote:Henry may well leave but to another English side?  I really doubt that.  Arsenal would be crazy to sell to another english side.  Its well known that Barca want Henry and if he is avaliable I see them doing everything to take him to Barcelona.  The wages alone they could offer would crazy.

Yeah I think that too, Liverpool are the only team that MIGHT be able to get him with Henry being mates with Gerrard and the comments he's made about LFC/fans being great, I really don't see why someone would want to go to Milan, their not the same team they used to be and the team is getting quite old, you could see that the way we battered them in the final and they looked quite average, if we'd had a decent striker on the field we would have walked that game and with Henry we could really dominate the european and domestic league, were just one piece away from being a truely great team........... Henry is the missing piece imo.

I think that you'll find Milan putting a bid in over the next 7 days with the comments Henry has made in the media.

Milan will improve over the summer.  They will get in more playes and considering they had a rubbish domestic season they won the CL and beat some good sides along the way.

Inter could be interested in Henry as well.  Henry's comments in the past about LFC were great and it could mean the attraction is there.  However I think holds Arsenal close to his heart and to leave them for a rival is something I dont see him doing.
puroresu

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:00 pm

yeah henry and gerrard get on, they have already developed an understanding on the pitch with gerrard passing to henry on moe than one occassion resulting in goals

:D
112-1077774096

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:50 pm

peewee wrote:yeah henry and gerrard get on, they have already developed an understanding on the pitch with gerrard passing to henry on moe than one occassion resulting in goals

:D

Yeh.. great understanding... once when gerrard was actually with france.  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clint » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:57 pm

the only reason the bookies have slashed there odds or stopped takin bets is because the amount of us calling up asking for odds and makin bets. its just to play it safe in there eyes.
clint

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:52 pm

His English wife wants to stay in England apparently.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:46 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:

my english wife wants to stay in Australia.......
cpc4eva

Postby Elchris » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:55 pm

cpc4eva wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:

my english wife wants to stay in Australia.......

who d hell cares about your wife......

:D  jk mate but really
Elchris

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill