Reina - Wanted by valencia

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:15 pm

from football365 although the story comes from AS in spain

Jose Reina is a target for Rafa Benitez' old club Valencia, according to reports in Spain.

The Liverpool stopper is said by AS to be homesick and looking for a move back to the Primera Liga.

Reina has also come under a lot of criticism this season for his errors, particularly in the Merseyside derby defeat to Everton.

First-choice Valencia 'keeper Santiago Canizares is refusing to sign a new contract, forcing the club to look elsewhere.

Their back-up keeper Ludovic Butelle has been linked with a move to Liverpool already this season, so there may well be some scope for a swap deal.

anyone shed any light on this, is he unhappy?
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:21 pm

peewee wrote:from football365 although the story comes from AS in spain

Jose Reina is a target for Rafa Benitez' old club Valencia, according to reports in Spain.

The Liverpool stopper is said by AS to be homesick and looking for a move back to the Primera Liga.

Reina has also come under a lot of criticism this season for his errors, particularly in the Merseyside derby defeat to Everton.

First-choice Valencia 'keeper Santiago Canizares is refusing to sign a new contract, forcing the club to look elsewhere.

Their back-up keeper Ludovic Butelle has been linked with a move to Liverpool already this season, so there may well be some scope for a swap deal.

anyone shed any light on this, is he unhappy?

is he unhappy

He will be if he has to go to Valencia  :D
account deleted by request

Postby ste123lfc » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:42 pm

Could be the reason he is not playing as well as last year
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:43 pm

I don't know wether it's true or not, as of yet. I'll read the papers here and I'll filter the cráp.

I know that Butelle was the option of future to substitute the already aging Cañizares. Reports say that he has failed to convince Valencia's technical staff.

In Spain the keepers are not usually that respected when they reach 34-35 as in England, so probably Cañizares has been offered a lower wages that he has now and he has refused.

Cañizares was born in 1969 so they are looking for a keeper, that's for sure. Of Course IMO REina has the level to play at Valencia, and the keeper that has grabbed the second place in the national squad might be a good option for them.

What it is sure, is that Reina in case of being sold will be sold for more money that he was brought to Liverpool, which is nice, and which might calm the Reina slashers.

I'll be aware of any news on the matter.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:45 pm

thanks sabre
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:48 pm

Reina is unhappy that hes not playing in his preferred position in central midfield. Steven Gerrard is likely to step into the problem position in goal for the forseeable future. :D
account deleted by request

Postby jkop » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:50 pm

s@int wrote:Reina is unhappy that hes not playing in his preferred position in central midfield. Steven Gerrard is likely to step into the problem position in goal for the forseeable future. :D

:D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:54 pm

Peewee, I've read the article and it's just speculation, :censored:. Not a single quote of Carboni, the man who takes decission in signings.

They say that the main problem is that LFC paid around 5M quid and that would be too expensive. They also say that Reina would we willing to come as he's receiving stick and not completely adapted to England. And they remind that Valencia and Liverpool have a relationship in signings due to the Sissoko and Mori transfers.

The non adaptation of Reina is an invention of the journalist for sure. THey also said that of Rafa when he was linked to Madrid, and then Rafa renewed his contract. They said that Alonso was wishing to go to Real Madrid and that was :censored:. It's simply the way they have to fill papers when they do not have the quotes.

As of now, AS diary has no credit to me, and there are not quotes yet.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:12 pm

Sabre wrote:Peewee, I've read the article and it's just speculation, :censored:. Not a single quote of Carboni, the man who takes decission in signings.

They say that the main problem is that LFC paid around 5M quid and that would be too expensive. They also say that Reina would we willing to come as he's receiving stick and not completely adapted to England. And they remind that Valencia and Liverpool have a relationship in signings due to the Sissoko and Mori transfers.

The non adaptation of Reina is an invention of the journalist for sure. THey also said that of Rafa when he was linked to Madrid, and then Rafa renewed his contract. They said that Alonso was wishing to go to Real Madrid and that was :censored:. It's simply the way they have to fill papers when they do not have the quotes.

As of now, AS diary has no credit to me, and there are not quotes yet.

Cheers for the update Sabre. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:02 am

thanks sabre, so just idle paper talk then
112-1077774096

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:15 pm

Setanta sports:

Valencia may break Jose Reina's heart and move for Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon next summer.

Los Che were linked with the Liverpool shot-stopper on Wednesday with Reina gushing at how he was pleased by the link and may be open to the move.

Reina told AS: "The interest of Valencia is flattering to me. We'll see what happens in the future."

But now it seems the Spanish side have their beady peepers glued to Juve number one Gigi Buffon, who admitted through his agent only on Tuesday that he would like a new challenge.

"Any conversation now would be premature. However, I must admit that Gigi would be interested in an experience abroad," Silvano Martina was quoted as saying on Channel 4's Football Italia website.

Valencia director general Amedeo Carboni has now been quoted in the media as making Buffon and coach Marcelo Lippi his main summer targets, meaning Reina's £6 million move is unlikely to happen.

"Our two primary objectives should be Lippi and Buffon," he said.

Los Che are eager to replace the aging goalkeeper Santiago Canizares.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:01 am

They can have him for Canizares & Villa. CAnizares so we've got a short term replacement whilst finding somebody long-term and well Villa to help Kuyt with the goals. :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:08 am

They can have him for Canizares & Villa. CAnizares so we've got a short term replacement whilst finding somebody long-term and well Villa to help Kuyt with the goals. :D

Cañizares doesn't need more than a month to bring troubles and quarrels in a dressroom. I can see Carraguer punching his face in the second week, with all my blesses.

His levels of fúckwittery are industrial, and his stupid sentences are untranslatable.

What can you expect of a keeper that missed a world cup because he injured his foot when his perfume bottle drop on it? :D

Bring me Villa any day, though.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 108-1163930576 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:05 pm

get rid
108-1163930576

Return to The Rumour Mill