Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:54 pm

gonna blame the press for this as well? :angry:

:p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:55 pm

The difference between scousers and Ooters is that the city means a lot more too them and therefore the matches against Everton and Man Utd have a much higher significance to them, the inner and rival city factor can only be fully understood by scosuers.

Off course watching the whole match gives you a much better understanding of the game, but being a scouser give you no more understanding of what happens in that 90. Thats a sh1t argument as I know many scpusers on this forum that know very little about football but are very passionate about the club, and I know many Ooters that clearly know plenty about football.

And don’t people from the city get priority over season tickets? That’s what I always understood.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:55 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
dawson99 wrote:actually, we all ruined this one, but that aurelia guy or whatever isnt that good :cool:

We didn't all ruin it Dawson. The southerners ruined it. :p

southern softies  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:58 pm

I used to have to set out for Anfield at 10am catch 2 buses one of which was 1.5hrs journey time get of at the ice rink walk to the ground. wait 1.5 hours of the match to start then I had the same journey back home arriving home around 8 - 10pm (depending on buses) I used to do this for every home match and you tell me that someone who lives 10mins from the ground loves liverpool more cos hes a scouser? (and when I say home I mean a cardboard box at side of the road)
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:59 pm

( i hardly ever go to matches truth be known, prefer the pubs) :p
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:02 pm

Someone requested a link before. This is from NewsNow:

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=10077
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:02 pm

s@int wrote:I used to have to set out for Anfield at 10am catch 2 buses one of which was 1.5hrs journey time get of at the ice rink walk to the ground. wait 1.5 hours of the match to start then I had the same journey back home arriving home around 8 - 10pm (depending on buses) I used to do this for every home match and you tell me that someone who lives 10mins from the ground loves liverpool more cos hes a scouser? (and when I say home I mean a cardboard box at side of the road)

Oh....why didnt you say so before. Could have saved alot of arguing there saint. I should have realised that people who travel further to matches are better supporters than local people. How stupid of me.  :Oo:
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:05 pm

i reckon you are from birmingham anyways davo
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:i reckon you are from birmingham anyways davo

I second that, he is defo not a scouser.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:09 pm

Well if fazakerely hospital is located in birmingham Dawson then i must be or are you getting your geography confused again,mcoz if you are i think you've been going the brum games all these years and not the liverpool ones. ???
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:10 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:The difference between scousers and Ooters is that the city means a lot more too them and therefore the matches against Everton and Man Utd have a much higher significance to them, the inner and rival city factor can only be fully understood by scosuers.

Off course watching the whole match gives you a much better understanding of the game, but being a scouser give you no more understanding of what happens in that 90. Thats a sh1t argument as I know many scpusers on this forum that know very little about football but are very passionate about the club, and I know many Ooters that clearly know plenty about football.

And don’t people from the city get priority over season tickets? That’s what I always understood.

From Liverpool Echo:

FABIO AURELIO will officially become a Liverpool player this weekend.

Aurelio will sign his four-year Anfield contract on July 1, having already agreed terms with the Reds.

The 27-year-old Brazilian left back, who is signing on a free Bosman deal from Valencia, will start pre-season training with the rest of Liverpool's non-World Cup internationals next week.

Benitez will welcome at least three new faces to Melwood when the players return, with Aurelio joining fellow South American Gabriel Paletta and new striker Craig Bellamy.

Unfortunately, Mark Gonzalez will still need to await clearance from the department for education and employment, although that decision is anticipated a week today.

Ideally, Benitez wants at least a fifth new face to join the club by then - followed by another two before the transfer deadline.

The stand-off between Liverpool and Seville for the £10m transfer of Daniel Alves is continuing, but Benitez is already considering his plan B, which involves bidding for Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt.

Benitez is desperate for another top striker and the exit of Holland from the World Cup will see the chase for Kuyt hot up.

If Seville finally agree a deal for Alves, Benitez knows he hasn't any money left in his kitty to finance a major Kuyt bid, unless he can swiftly sell some of his unwanted squad play-ers.

So far, there has been precious little interest shown in those surplus to requirements at Anfield but it's hoped there will be exits in July.

Scott Carson's potential move to Sheffield Wednesday was always a non-starter as Liverpool are still un-sure of Jerzy Dudek's future.

If the Polish Champions League hero is sold, Benitez won't be prepared to leave himself short of goalkeeper cover.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:10 pm

LiverpoolMadman

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:12 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
dawson99 wrote:i reckon you are from birmingham anyways davo

I second that, he is defo not a scouser.

Me birth certificate says i am.  :nod
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:13 pm

Paul C wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:The difference between scousers and Ooters is that the city means a lot more too them and therefore the matches against Everton and Man Utd have a much higher significance to them, the inner and rival city factor can only be fully understood by scosuers.

From Liverpool Echo:

FABIO AURELIO will officially become a Liverpool player this weekend.

Aurelio will sign his four-year Anfield contract on July 1, having already agreed terms with the Reds.

The 27-year-old Brazilian left back, who is signing on a free Bosman deal from Valencia, will start pre-season training with the rest of Liverpool's non-World Cup internationals next week.

Benitez will welcome at least three new faces to Melwood when the players return, with Aurelio joining fellow South American Gabriel Paletta and new striker Craig Bellamy.

Unfortunately, Mark Gonzalez will still need to await clearance from the department for education and employment, although that decision is anticipated a week today.

Ideally, Benitez wants at least a fifth new face to join the club by then - followed by another two before the transfer deadline.

The stand-off between Liverpool and Seville for the £10m transfer of Daniel Alves is continuing, but Benitez is already considering his plan B, which involves bidding for Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt.

Benitez is desperate for another top striker and the exit of Holland from the World Cup will see the chase for Kuyt hot up.

If Seville finally agree a deal for Alves, Benitez knows he hasn't any money left in his kitty to finance a major Kuyt bid, unless he can swiftly sell some of his unwanted squad play-ers.

So far, there has been precious little interest shown in those surplus to requirements at Anfield but it's hoped there will be exits in July.

Scott Carson's potential move to Sheffield Wednesday was always a non-starter as Liverpool are still un-sure of Jerzy Dudek's future.

If the Polish Champions League hero is sold, Benitez won't be prepared to leave himself short of goalkeeper cover.

Why did you quote me?

:suspect:

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:13 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Goals from Aurelio

Can he defend though!

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext