Ronaldo - The brazilian one

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:20 pm

Just been having a nose round the forum and I can’t believe I missed this, even though it is obviously a load of W*nk if you ask me but that’s what this rumour forum is about.

The word in Spain according to some reliable sources I know of who post on other forums I visit is that Ronaldo wants out of Madrid.  The favourites are obviously Chelsea and Milan, although Ronaldo’s agent has also been in touch with another Premiership club....……

:)

The man can score goals in any side, even though he has been injury blighted and has put on about twenty stone in weight in the last few years but whenever I see Madrid play, the man ALWAYS scores.  Always worth a bet as first goalscorer in any game he plays in.

He’s been World Footballer of The Year twice, admittedly ten years ago, played in two World Cup finals, winning one of them and finished as the Golden Boot winner as well.  He’s has undoubted pedigree, one of the finest players of his generation and he is smashed on to score goals at this summers World Cup.  You can never write him off.

He would score goals in any team and he will only turn 30 this coming September. 

The Guardian mentions it here.

Like I said at the start, purely b*ll*c*ks but this man is a goal machine.  Worth a punt?
jonnymac1979

Postby Theo@home » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:28 pm

Hmmm... we could be seen as the dumping grounds for retired strikers at this rate that is unless one of them turns out to still have the goal scoring touch. :D  For what its worth, my money's on Robbie out of any of them (Nando/Fowler/Ronaldo) to show that he can still do the business.

So if we had 20mil to spend... could we see Fowler, Owen and Ronaldo up front in 2006/2007? We'd be going from one extreme to the other!  :cool:
Theo@home

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:37 pm

Yes everybody thinks that he's going to be out of Madrid, but I wouldn't sign him up due to this reason

* INsultant wages

* Reportedly problematic in the dressroom

* 0 teamwork.

I'm not sure he'd make a successful end of career in Anfield.

Reliable sources also say that there will be a great buy of CHelsea of a Barcelona player. The Barcelona board is ackowledged to have contact with the Shítski one, but I don't know who'll be that player. Perhaps Deco?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:37 pm

I don't see Robbie as the answer, just a no risk stop gap (btw hope i'm wrong and he scores bagloads for us). In the same vein I don't think Ronaldo will do us any favours either.

As Jmac said this is probably BS, but Ronaldo would cost too much. Even if he did well it wouldn't be for long, he'd be injured a fair bit as well IMO. And as Oracle said, will we become known as the dumping ground for players that are past it?

All depends on how much, i reckon.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:41 pm

Agreed the fella is hardly ever fit, but he knows where the goal is.  He's not the most wlling of strikers to run for the ball but again, he knows where the goal is.  Once the ball is at his feet and he is running at defenders, nine times out of ten it is a goal.  He regularly scores over twenty goals a season, and will probably hit it again this season, then he'll go and have a blinder in the World Cup.  I'd put money on him as an each way top competition scorer.  Adriano is likely to be first choice up front, but Ronaldo will still be there or thereabouts injuries permitting. 

It's only a thought, nothing serious, but worth at least a post or two.  I'd be interested to hear what Sabre thought in all honesty.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:43 pm

Sabre posted while I was typing out my last reply.  :blush:
jonnymac1979

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:56 pm

No thank you. Undoubted class, great goal scorer and superb all round ability but he is on the way down. Is overweight and undisciplined, did you here Fowler talking about how he went to his house with Mcmanama and there was some wild party going on with booze flying all over the place, he said it was crazy.

Ronaldo was probably the best player in the world in his prime, it’s a real shame that injury robbed every football fan of someone who would have been a great. He is overweight and injury prone, but yes Johnny he does know where the goal is but I cant see him being worth the ridiculous wages we would have to give him, and I cant see him being a success here.

Just a rumour anyway.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:01 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:The word in Spain according to some reliable sources I know of who post on other forums I visit is that Ronaldo wants out of Madrid.  The favourites are obviously Chelsea and Milan, although Ronaldo’s agent has also been in touch with another Premiership club....……

that other club will be spurs then.

the classic example of a club who use the fact that they're in london to attract players. the likes of davids would never have gone there in a million years if the club wasn't in london.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 2520years » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:20 pm

Bolton can have him.

I must admit I'd like to see him in the EPL.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:11 pm

Maybe 2-3 years ago but not now. It's probably an outside bet but he isn't guaranteed a place in the brazilian world cup squad this year (depending on how much the brazil coach values his job :p ) as Ewerthon at Zaragoza is banging the goals in and has been tipped in some quarters to go to germany again of ronaldo. In the past couple of years he has looked fat and slow (although he has still got his powerful physique) but i still have to question how prone he is to injury especially as he heads into the twilight of his career.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:50 pm

from SSN

Related links
Team Pages:
Real Madrid
Player Pages:
Ronaldo
Ronaldo has dropped a major hint that he could quit Real Madrid at the end of the season citing the club's fans as his motivation.

The Brazilian superstar joined Real from Internazionale in the summer of 2002 for a fee of around £20 million, but insists he has never been treated fairly by Madrid supporters.

He was jeered by a section of the crowd during last weekend's 3-0 home win over Alaves for his failure to score and was the subject of criticism earlier in the campaign after, what was by his standards, a lengthy goal drought.

Speaking ahead of the UEFA Champions League showdown with Arsenal, the Brazilian has now rocked the Primera titans by insisting he could well choose to move on at the end of the season.

The 28-year-old is under contract at the Bernabeu until 2008 but claims he will make a decision on his future after this summer's World Cup finals in Germany.

"I've never felt at home at the Bernabeu, the fans have never treated me with affection," he stated. "The fans have never accepted me.

"The reaction of the fans is something to take into account when thinking about my future. I've always said that I don't want to be where I'm not loved.

"I will make a decision at the end of the season.

"After all the effort I made to come to this club I don't understand why I'm treated like this. I will decide after the World Cup.

"I've thought about it and spoken with thousands of people and I have never understood why the fans have so little patience with me. As soon as I make an error people jeer me.

"I still haven't thought about leaving Real Madrid yet. At the end of the season I will make a decision. The president knows how I feel and why I'm sad about this.

"I don't know how the fans will react to what I said but to be honest I don't care."

Quotes attributed to the Brazilian at the weekend suggested he wanted to play in England before calling time on his career and his latest remarks will have The Premiership's big boys sitting up and taking notice
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Well Red » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:30 pm

to be honest I only want to see players at Liverpool who have as much passion for the club as I do. I'd rather play Stevie Warnock up front in a game and see him give 110% in the red shirt than have an aged Ronaldo shuffling around grabbing a goal or two but ultimately only interested in his hefty wages at the end of the week. ???

RonaldNo
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill