Looks like weve got brazilian fabio aurelio - Lb from valencia

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:16 am

any more ooter talk from the ' i go to the game so i know better than anyone else' and im gonna hurl.

Just because you go to a game, doesn't make you an expert. Idiots can buy season tickets too you know
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:54 am

dawson99 wrote:any more ooter talk from the ' i go to the game so i know better than anyone else' and im gonna hurl.

Just because you go to a game, doesn't make you an expert. Idiots can buy season tickets too you know

Dawson although it is similar its not the same.

OOTer Debate - People from outside Liverpool should not go the game, do scousers out of tickets, ruin the atmosphere, give us a bad name, have first dibs ot tickets etc etc etc

This Debate - People who form their views on a player subject to the 5 minutes of highlights of the games are not as knowledgeable on, clued up on etc the traits/attributes and value of that player as someone who goesa to the game and watches him regular.

The OOTer thing is rolled out far too much by the people from out of town who use it in the same way that the racism card and the PC brigade over do it.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:09 pm

But also I do wanna say that there are many many whiny liverpudlians who blame absolutely every bad game or result on 'the southern press' or the 'ooters'.

If people from uotside liverpool can get to games, maybe the people from liverpool should pull there finger out more.

I do agree that from watching a whole game live you do get a better perspective and people like you and st mike have a great understanding of the game. The problem i have is when you get season ticket holders who get a biased view and stick to it.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:24 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:any more ooter talk from the ' i go to the game so i know better than anyone else' and im gonna hurl.

OOTer Debate - People from outside Liverpool should not go the game, do scousers out of tickets, ruin the atmosphere, give us a bad name, have first dibs ot tickets etc etc etc

This Debate - People who form their views on a player subject to the 5 minutes of highlights of the games are not as knowledgeable on, clued up on etc the traits/attributes and value of that player as someone who goesa to the game and watches him regular.

The OOTer thing is rolled out far too much by the people from out of town who use it in the same way that the racism card and the PC brigade over do it.

Very narrow minded Leon!!

If you had a brain and common sense you would be dangerous!  :eyebrow
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 2520years » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:26 pm

I remember being at a game when the season ticket holder in front of me kept turning round and bawling - "£8m! For Hamann!  Can you please tell me why we paid £8m for Hamann?!"  So season ticket holders aren't infallible.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  I definitely agree seeing the match live is superior to seeing it on TV (live or highlights), but forums are not for facts only, that's the role of the Opta Index and such.  Even experienced managers have different opinions about the same players, so why shouldn't us bunch of losers?
:;):
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:39 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Care to elaborate ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:00 pm

dawson99 wrote:But also I do wanna say that there are many many whiny liverpudlians who blame absolutely every bad game or result on 'the southern press' or the 'ooters'.

If people from uotside liverpool can get to games, maybe the people from liverpool should pull there finger out more.

I do agree that from watching a whole game live you do get a better perspective and people like you and st mike have a great understanding of the game. The problem i have is when you get season ticket holders who get a biased view and stick to it.

LFC's fan base is massive, and i would imagine that LFC would welcome anyone into the stadium wherever they are from. No one has a ''divine'' right to tickets, just coz they are from liverpool, but i suppose being 2 minutes from the ground does help.

I watch liverpool at the ground when im available to get there, depending on work etc, i also watch my national team. I watched them when i was overseas working, and i didnt feel i was doing anyone out of ticket, just coz i was NOT in England.

however, sky do at times present the whole game live, and full post-live recordings. So in essence some folk have the BEST seat in the house, and maybe, they can form a better opinion than those stood at the back of the kop. I agree theres no substitute for the real thing, but everyones opinions are valid, no matter where they get it from, or how they perceive it !!

Nonetheless, i'm with dawson on this one.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:09 pm

lets get back to the thread topic. I think Riise although not great defensively is a good player and is a valued member of the squad. He is hard working , has a good left foot and apart from cup final had a good second half of season.(First part of season he was admittedly poor) Even in the cup final after a poor first half display his head never dropped and he was one of our hardest working players (after Sissoko)for the rest of the match. In my view he is definately one to keep.
account deleted by request

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:19 pm

dawson99 wrote:If people from uotside liverpool can get to games, maybe the people from liverpool should pull there finger out more.

Well that is part of the problem. Its hard for us to get tickets because of the massive fan base and huge wait for season tickets.
So how can we pull our finger out, pay inflated prices from toutes.

I dont think we blame the result on OOTers, maybe the atmosphere, coz whatever way you look at it, there is alot of gloryhunting kunts out there who know fu.ck all about the team but go the games coz liverpool are flavour of the month. Am sure most OOTers arnt gloryhunters and support liverpool passionately and have done for ages.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:31 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Care to elaborate ?

Re-read your post without tinted glasses, take your head out your @rse and you will see what I mean!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:32 pm

davo_LFC wrote:
dawson99 wrote:If people from uotside liverpool can get to games, maybe the people from liverpool should pull there finger out more.

Well that is part of the problem. Its hard for us to get tickets because of the massive fan base and huge wait for season tickets.

I dont think we blame the result on OOTers, maybe the atmosphere, coz whatever way you look at it, there is alot of gloryhunting kunts out there who know fu.ck all about the team but go the games coz liverpool are flavour of the month. Am sure most OOTers arnt gloryhunters and support liverpool passionately and have done for ages.

as an OOTer, i agree that you do get a lot of bandwaggon jumpers.  I don't mind this so much, because ultimately they spend money and do the club good in the short term.  I've supported Liverpool since 1987 and went to my first game in 1993.  It would be easier, and cheaper, for me to go and watch Chealsea, but i'm a red fan.  I think any liverpool fan deserves the right to buy a ticket, because where do you draw the line?  Do you give people who live close to the ground the right to buy tickets over people who live on the outskirts?  Do you refuse ticket applications from Manchester?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:34 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Care to elaborate ?

Re-read your post without tinted glasses, take your head out your @rse and you will see what I mean!!

I was not stating my feelings on the OOter debate, but in a nut shell what the perceived OOTer debate is.

Apology accepted.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:48 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
davo_LFC wrote:

as an OOTer, i agree that you do get a lot of bandwaggon jumpers.  I don't mind this so much, because ultimately they spend money and do the club good in the short term.  I've supported Liverpool since 1987 and went to my first game in 1993.  It would be easier, and cheaper, for me to go and watch Chealsea, but i'm a red fan.  I think any liverpool fan deserves the right to buy a ticket, because where do you draw the line?  Do you give people who live close to the ground the right to buy tickets over people who live on the outskirts?  Do you refuse ticket applications from Manchester?

Am not saying that OOTers dont have the right to buy tickets and support the club but when people say liverpudlians should pull their finger out more...well what does that mean exactly? Does it mean that we should pay inflated prices to support our hometown club, not every liverpudlian can get a ticket every week because demand is so high so season tickets are the only option to be guarenteed to watch the match on a regular basis, and there is a big waiting least.

Am not being funny like but do you notice at the away games, the atmosphere is well better, is that coz more liverpudlians "pull their fingers out" to get to the away games. The atmosphere at anfield is only brilliant on european games and big league games but away its 1st class all the time.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:51 pm

s@int wrote:lets get back to the thread topic. I think Riise although not great defensively is a good player and is a valued member of the squad. He is hard working , has a good left foot and apart from cup final had a good second half of season.(First part of season he was admittedly poor) Even in the cup final after a poor first half display his head never dropped and he was one of our hardest working players (after Sissoko)for the rest of the match. In my view he is definately one to keep.

I think he is has some decent defending abilities. He has very good strength, good speed and pace and can tackle well. I would say if you want to see the best out of Riise is playing him as a wing back because it would give him more freedom to go forward and create some chances.

I agree Saint, Riise is a very hardworking player and never gives up. I think he and Sissoko have excellent stamina that gives them excellent workrate.

Riise is also an excellent team player, he just loves crossing and give passes if needed. Definately he should stay, and with aurelio hopefully coming we will see the best of him.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:52 pm

davo_LFC wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
davo_LFC wrote:

Am not saying that OOTers dont have the right to buy tickets and support the club but when people say liverpudlians should pull their finger out more...well what does that mean exactly? Does it mean that we should pay inflated prices to support our hometown club, not every liverpudlian can get a ticket every week because demand is so high so season tickets are the only option to be guarenteed to watch the match on a regular basis, and there is a big waiting least.

Am not being funny like but do you notice at the away games, the atmosphere is well better, is that coz more liverpudlians "pull their fingers out" to get to the away games. The atmosphere at anfield is only brilliant on european games and big league games but away its 1st class all the time.

perhaps we should petition LFC to build a bigger ground....... :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill