24 - Best Programme Ever

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Feeney » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am

I've noticed a thread for Lost and thought I would start one for 24. To me, it's been one of the best programmes on telly for years and continues to innovate with it's storylines.

I'm currently up to Episode 14 of Season 5 - currently those  only watching on Sky One will be up to Episode 8 so I won't reveal any spoilers - yet.

Anyone else follow it?  ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:40 am

I've seen every episode of it up until Episode 4 of Series 5.

Tomorrow, I will watch Episode 5, 6 and 7, then I will download the rest fom there.

It is simply the best television programme that has ever been invented.  Series 1 for me was the best, even though then other series are fantastic as well, but Series 1, for me, was simply unbelievable.

Some time in the future I might go back and watch Series 1 again with hindsight because I know the plot twists and it would be interesting to view them again, knowing what I know now.  I'm dying to point out to people just how much better your life will be if you watch this programme.

Jack Bauer is the greatest man who ever lived.

The Jack Bauer facts database
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:41 am

Having said that, Episode 1 of Season 5 was incredible.  Just when you thought the plot twists couldn't get more shocking, they throw that at you!!!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby Feeney » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:58 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Having said that, Episode 1 of Season 5 was incredible.  Just when you thought the plot twists couldn't get more shocking, they throw that at you!!!!!

Jonny lad, that is something I said straight away! Just when you thought you knew the series, it throws something like that and bumps off so many people (i'm a bit cautious to say who, why, where and when as it could spoil it for newbies)in such a short space of time!!

I have to say Season 3 was awesome (the Salazars, Chase) and, so far, this Season is on a par. Episode 13 of this season is the best episode of the whole series IMO and i've had this backed up by other 24 loving people. Please catch up, you're missing some quality moments!  :buttrock

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:05 am

Im on series 2 now -a nuclear bomb threat looms over L.A and the rollercoaster just goes on and on with this...its almost like -take a deep breath before ya hit that play button.
Just be careful talking about this show -can be spoilt so easily.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:06 am

Nina Myers has to be my favourite character.  I'm not saying any more in case people read why she is my favourite character, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.
jonnymac1979

Postby Mikz » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:16 am

heres some characters-the lovely nina is on the far right.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:18 am

That's the only downfall about this thread - the spoiler! It's so easy to give something away, it's almost as if you would need to set up 5 threads for each Season so it doesn't ruin it for anyone!

I've always thought Palmer is ace and his relationship with Jack brilliant. I'm really starting to take to Curtis as well, he's straight down the line and thinks a lot like Jack as well.

Jonny, have you had the pleasure of seing Samwise Gamgee yet on 24?

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:26 am

Oh yeah, I like him up to now, he's very straight and to the point.  Gets the job done and doesn't care for anything except the job.  Very focussed.

No doubt the way this show runs, he'll be the main terrorist in a sensational plot twist!!!! :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:30 am

Mikz wrote:heres some characters-the lovely nina is on the far right.

Yeah, Nina is a very, very attractive lady.  :hearts

She's married to co-star Xander Berkeley un real life who plays Mason.  He's also John Connor's step-dad in Terminator 2, quite famously was killed by the T-1000's arm while drinking a carton of milk.
jonnymac1979

Postby Feeney » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:35 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Mikz wrote:heres some characters-the lovely nina is on the far right.

Yeah, Nina is a very, very attractive lady.  :hearts

She's married to co-star Xander Berkeley un real life who plays Mason.  He's also John Connor's step-dad in Terminator 2, quite famously was killed by the T-1000's arm while drinking a carton of milk.

Mason - hard a$$ bloke (again, can't go into full details or opinions!).

Funny you should say the Terminator - you will soon see another actor make an appearance in this season from that sort of film and era!  :D

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:41 am

24 is brilliant, gripping TV.  I have downloaded 24.S05.E14 but haven't had a chance to watch it - must get a chance before I download E15 on Tuesday!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:43 am

hawkmoon269 wrote:24 is brilliant, gripping TV.  I have downloaded 24.S05.E14 but haven't had a chance to watch it - must get a chance before I download E15 on Tuesday!

Just watched it Hawk mate - not as good as episode 13 (although, that will be damn hard to beat), but typical plot twist at the end!

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:53 am

:oops: Is Mason still alive ?  ???
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:59 am

i watched season 1 on bbc and never looked back. i got 1-4 on dvd, they are the best series ever made. but now i havent got sky i havent seen series 5 so this is another thread i gotta stay away from :(
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum