Radical islam - Programme

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:46 am

ONe of the guys at work was talking about a tv programme on British TV last night about the teachers in some mosques in England. They were saying what a disgrace democracy is and how they should have Sharia law. One headmaster said that it was terrible that muslim children had to go to school with non muslims. They got state funding too (as well as Saudi funding)

Maybe its not the place of a foreigner but I think you British need to stop being afraid of being called racist and kick out people teaching this stuff, stop funding them, enforce English as the language in all shops in every area etc.

I have no problem with somebody being a muslim, our UK office has a few and they seem okay. I am just talking about the ones that want Britain to change its fundamentals to suit them.
Last edited by Big Niall on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:53 am

I agree Niall
account deleted by request

Postby neil » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:59 am

I never thought I would welcome the day a conservative government came into power however I think the time has come. They will deal with these issues appropriately.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:04 pm

What has to do racism with combating than kind of dangerous teachings?

I think that cannot be tolerated, no matter if who says that is Muslim, Nazi or ultranationalist.

While I respect that muslim people have different way of clothes (after all we also respect that 14 year girls show their tangas at school over the pants) I think that kind of teaching of hatred is intolerable, no matter if you're in Uk or Spain.

I combat racism everywhere, but that kind of attitude and teachings must be punished also.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:04 pm

Good call
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:13 pm

Big Niall wrote:They were saying what a disgrace democracy is

I think you British need to stop being afraid of being called racist and kick out people teaching this stuff, stop funding them, enforce English as the language in all shops in every area etc.

So basically , like "them" you also think democracy is a disgrace ?

???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:19 pm

Democracy is not a disgrace, its just that its the people with the loudest voices rather than the silent majority that gets noticed and pandered to.
account deleted by request

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:37 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Big Niall wrote:They were saying what a disgrace democracy is

I think you British need to stop being afraid of being called racist and kick out people teaching this stuff, stop funding them, enforce English as the language in all shops in every area etc.

So basically , like "them" you also think democracy is a disgrace ?

???

You are confusing the issue of democracy with freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech is something that we all agree with BUT SUBJECT to exceptions e.g. we have libel laws. Likewise incitement to violence etc. Preaching this stuff should be added to the list of exceptions.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:05 pm

The principle of free speech should be protected by a democracy's constitution.

Your assertion
enforce English as the language in all shops in every area etc.
is the kind of statement I would expect from the very people you wish to silence.

btw , does your solution only apply to muslims or will all residents of the uk , including native gaelic inhabitants (welsh,irish and scots) again be forced to discard  their own language ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:13 pm

I missed that bit. If a Language is official it should be used in official documents, road signs, TV, School, and all that. As for the shops, I wouldn't enforce it. I'd just wouldn't buy something in a shop who doesn't attend me well, and that includes language. But using other languages in a shop doesn't do harm to other inhabitants, so I wouldn't enforce anybody to use English in a shop.

If you're not interested in what the shop provides -because you don't understand what they sell or for instance you're not interested on female clothings- just don't buy it and problem solved, as long as they fulfill the regulation of the country, they pay their taxes etc.

Saying that children should not study with non muslim children though, exceeds freedom of speech.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:44 pm

woof woof ! wrote:The principle of free speech should be protected by a democracy's constitution.

Your assertion
enforce English as the language in all shops in every area etc.
is the kind of statement I would expect from the very people you wish to silence.

btw , does your solution only apply to muslims or will all residents of the uk , including native gaelic inhabitants (welsh,irish and scots) again be forced to discard  their own language ?

i dont think he really meant it that way woof

however, it is polite that when you go into a shop that the folk in there speak english and not continue speaking to their family in native languages, as how do we know if they are not insulting us. im not saying they are, but i dont know that.

anyone who lives in the uk should embrace british values, without compromising their own beliefs.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:45 pm

personally i don't mind what language people speak in their own shop however when people are trying to create their own state within another country (with the view of taking over) then i obviously don't agree with it (and i don't agree with what's going on in Iraq before anyone thinks i'm a hypocrite). i also think anyone inciting any racial hatred should be sent packing as we're only wasting our money jailing them. If people want to move to our country then fair play although they have to be doing so to bring a skill or something similar with them (as it is in Australia). People moving here just so they can live off the state and don't offer us anything shouldn't be allowed.

We've been a soft touch for too long and we need to act now before it really gets out of control- which it will.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:27 pm

Judge wrote:it is polite that when you go into a shop that the folk in there speak english and not continue speaking to their family in native languages, as how do we know if they are not insulting us. im not saying they are, but i dont know that.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Judge , YOU may have a constant fear of being insulted . I don't .

I understand completely Big Naills stance regarding people stirring up racial hatred etc , but the "enforce english" comment is f'ucking ridiculous . In all my years, in this country I have never been spoken to by a shopkeeper, waiter, bus conductor or whatever in any language other than english .

Last friday I went for dinner at a spanish restaurant , the head waiter politely took my order in english , he then called it out to a junior waiter in spanish . Are you really suggesting I should object to this on the grounds the they might be insulting me ?   :talktothehand  .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:07 pm

I watched it , it was a disgrace, grow some balls England and kick these pieces of sh.it out.
Cheeky b@stards on that program last night, death to all Jews and Christians, kill them all bla bla bla.
What pi.sses me off is if these people hate us so much why do they want to live by us?
They where ordering muslims to all be martyrs and blow us up where ever and when ever.
And build an Isamic state in Britain.
They where preaching this in Birmingham and London they wouldnt be sitting in Birmingham now if I had my way they would have been put on a plane today and flown off somewhere else to build their islamic state and spout that sh.ite.
What I cant understand about them last night they where saying the infidels kill our muslim brothers and sisters in Iraq etc, so how would they explain killing their muslim brothers and sisters every day with suicide attacks in Iraq ???
Or is it ok for them to do so hypocrits.
That under cover reporter bought them jihad books and DVDS in shops in the mosques, why is this aloud?
Its feckin treason of the highest order.

Them kunts give the ordinary muslim a bad name, its about time the ordinary muslim got shut of them.

I was horrified and it was very very scary.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:11 pm

They where preaching this in Birmingham and London they wouldnt be sitting in Birmingham now

What about London  :(

When in Rome .........
66-1112520797

Next

Return to General Chat Forum