Radical islam - Programme

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:35 am

Its a bold point, but one I agree with.

Why cant they intergrate into our society, why cant we tell them our way or the highway, other peoples from ethnic backgrounds have settled and intergrated into our county.

I must point out that im not saying all muslims are like that, i know plenty of muslims from middlesbrough that are as "british" as the next person. He wouldnt demand a muslim only school for his kids.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:38 am

metalhead wrote:I'm not saying 'everyone is against us' tune, but bloody hell i have been talking to alot of europeans who are telling me that they hate muslims or muslims=terrorists! My mate who is in the U.S is so bloody scared for saying that he is an arab (he isnt a muslim either! ok in the U.S not Britian I know its different but you know what I'm getting at), its the media who potrays most radical muslims, why don't they talk to decent muslims who would have a go against radicals! I have never seen an interview with a hardworking muslim that show his/her opinions about radical muslims, T.V media is always showing the radical point of view!

I hate to say it, but it can be the views of the general public, My mothers madian name was Murphy, she and her brothers and sisters used to get terrorised by people just cos they had Irish sounding sir names, there not even Irish if anything other than english there welsh.

The thing is the media wins these battles and leads the publis to believe what the media wants to believe.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:32 am

Yeah - the muslims have taken the pressure off us Irish  :D

Seriously though, the extremists in a community only survive when they have the support (or at least , lack of resistence) of the moderates.

I remember as a child going through an English airport and getting stopped by security and asking my dad why they stop us and he explained that some Irish men do bad things and they are just checking that we aren't bad. Made perfect sense to me. Now Airport security is afraid to check a muslim incase they are called racist and check the 80 year old white woman instead. I don't fear 80 year old white women hijackers on my plane. :angry:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:38 am

Big Niall wrote:Now Airport security is afraid to check a muslim incase they are called racist and check the 80 year old white woman instead. I don't fear 80 year old white women hijackers on my plane.

:laugh:  Had a feckin scream on the way to Benidorm they pulled my auntie over for questioning, and said traces of explosives where coming up off her bag :D

My auntie is 50 she is a lesbian, and as thick as two short planks.

They asked her does she have experience with handgrenades or rifles, we where on the floor laughin listening to this then they asked her wait for this one.......................................

Does she hang around fruit machines in arcades  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

We feckin died laughing everytime we seen a fruit machine in Benidorm we'd say hey shouldnt you be hangin round that.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:40 am

Totally agree with what you have said Big Niall, i can remember years ago being stopped nearly every time i went through an airport and im a nice boy. :D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum