24 - Best Programme Ever

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 pm

He wont be on his own tho. That FBI bird has to come into it, and Freddiie and Starbuck will help

I'm looking forward to it, at least it's new york this time
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Watched the first two episodes on Sunday as well. Have to say, I'd lash the reporter out of it :D
You know what you're gonna get from 24 so it's no surprise....still passes the time though....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Surprised to see Mr Tooms in this as one of the bad fellas, although I'm not sure if his Russian accent is up to snuff, if it is supposed to be one.

I just have a niggling issue with this series. Why doesn't Jack ever take a sh*t? I mean, if it's 24 hours in real time, surely he has to go at some stage? Why doesn't the battery in his mobile ever go dead? Doesn't he eat? And I think his dying words will be "Damn it!"
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:Saw the first 2 hours on Sky on Sudnay. Loved it as always. Actualyl think Freddie Prince will do  good job, and Starbucks looking nice.

Aceveda was good to see

:D

Yer know Daws for awhile I was thinking, "F'uck me, Lou Diamond Phillips has put on some weight" then the missus say's "It's that fella from the Sheild".

Wouldn't mind but the Sheild was my all time fave cop show you'd think I'd recognise Aceveda    :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Surprised to see Mr Tooms in this as one of the bad fellas, although I'm not sure if his Russian accent is up to snuff, if it is supposed to be one.

I just have a niggling issue with this series. Why doesn't Jack ever take a sh*t? I mean, if it's 24 hours in real time, surely he has to go at some stage? Why doesn't the battery in his mobile ever go dead? Doesn't he eat? And I think his dying words will be "Damn it!"

Yep the Russian accent is a bit drab. Anyway, I wonder whether he'll use the smallest air vent et al to get away from CTU.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:49 am

Emerald Red wrote:Surprised to see Mr Tooms in this as one of the bad fellas, although I'm not sure if his Russian accent is up to snuff, if it is supposed to be one.

They get round it by the fact that although it states real time. 60 minutes in 24 is actually 45minutes TV when you take all the adverts out.

so when jack needs to pee or take a dump, he signals to the cameras that are on him, and they cut to advert breaks..  :p
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 am

woof woof ! wrote:Watched the first four hours of "day 8" last night.

Great to see Jack back but in truth sadly there's absolutely nothing new here apart from the New York location.

We're immediately plunged into the world of high level political negotions between the USA and a "Middle East" nation whilst in the background unidentified "agents" are bent on derailing said process and all the time CTU one of the US' most important national security agencies are continuing to employ personnel with dodgy personal histories. I mean it's almost as if CTU don't bother to run a check on the people they offer jobs too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it BUT I also enjoy hamburgers, and when you've had one hamburger you pretty much know what the next is gonna taste like, I can only hope that maybe they'll surprise me and somehow revitalise my appetite.

"Day 8" has seemed somehow longer than others but it's finally getting interesting as Jack goes psycho.

I the last "two hours" he's coldly executed a woman and wanting infromation he's tortured a fella with a knife, a pair of pliers and a blow torch !

Apparently this is set to be the last "24" although a while back on the Jonathan Ross show Kiefer Sutherland did indicate that "24 the Movie" was being planned.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Perfect ending.   

Can't believe there's no more. This show has gripped me like no other, it's not the best I've ever seen but it has that addiction like no other. Going to miss it big-time.   

Jack Bauer.  :bowdown

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum