Cisse has to stay

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:44 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:... and also. You say he got into positions to score against Sunderland and fluffed them -- wouldnt you want a striker who atleast gets into goal scoring positions as opposed to one who doesnt even find himself in those positions (nando)

i may have problem with you....but you hit the nail on the head..... For that, you deserve 2  :buttrock  :buttrock  up.

This is the problem i have with morientes....At times, it is exactly like the bad old days of heskey. He doesn't do sh1t and he still gets being picked ? yeah, he needs quality service and our wingers we have now are average in that posistion. Then why is morientes still gets picked ? I mean, couldn't he picked for the 1st team when we get a right winger ? And in the meanwhile, play with cisse as 1st choice ?

if u ask me who i prefer ....
1)a striker who misses chances ?

2)a striker who does not even manage to get on the end of chances ?

i guess u guys & gals will know the answer. That is why for all his faults..i like baros a lot. I like cisse a lot. Yeah they miss a few...but you can be sure they will get more profilic when they hit their peak.

And (2) is the reason why i hate heskey, sean dundee, the dutch guy who came here on a free (forgot his name).

Have to add, i don't categorise morientes under (2). In fact he is really morientes is a clever player. He is similar to sheringham. But he is not a target man....never will be (in the premier league) at least. If we can get rid of baros (because he does not suit the system)......then if we are to get rid of a striker to fund owen's transfer...surely it has to be morientes rite ...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:47 pm

Santa wrote:Oh BTW that Calvalho guy is really something huh? Gave some of our defender some real anxious time all night...

yeah....he was the real m-o-m for me. He has skill/flair and never stopped running........

wouldn't mind him in our team actually....but i don't think he plays for the brazilian national team (yet)...so getting a work permit for him is kinda hard :glare:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:02 pm

Yes ! Cisse should stay , so does Nando . What we need is CB and RM. Once we got this two players , we have already complete the puzzle.

I'm watching WBA vs Bir now. I think Zoltan Gera (WBA) and Jermaine Pennant(BIR) are good at the right side of the midfield.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby barnesrush » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:05 pm

anyone think that in moro we may have brought another fowler? obviously i dont mean the mid 90's fowler who scored for fun, i mean the fowler who seemed to lose all hunger for the game after leaving a club he thought he'd be at for the whole of his career. i know nando had a great season at monaco but in a way he was playing to show real what they were missing (and didnt he show em!).

this cisse business, im just pinning my hopes on a series of events starting with cisse moaning about playing right wing, leading to rafa trying to show him who is boss by fueling rumours of a transfer without any real intention of selling him. grasping at straws i know but all signs dont look good.

two class wingers will get nando a few goals which will boost his confidence which would make a strikeforce of him, crouch, owen and pongolle just about acceptable, although if he keeps playing the way he is, letting cisse go may be a huge mistake. how much money do we need for a winger and cback??? owens price will initially be quite cheap
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby red marauder » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:11 pm

Now  i hope that you all don't take this the wrong way, but........... who the :censored: gave any of you  the right to select who does and doesn't play for Liverpool. I know the purpose of this forum is for the everyday fan to air his views, but they should only concern themselves with posts of any  other issue concerning L.F.C,not team selection.
Ask yourselves this:
     Rafa Benitez has forgotten more than i shall ever know about the mechanics of assembling a winning team and has the trophies to prove it, who the :censored: am i to question him as i sit here,hunched over my computer,friendless,and only a "Second place in a sponsored silence" badge to my name?
By all means, post your replies,but you know i'm right.
                          IN RAFA WE TRUST
RED MARAUDER
red marauder

Postby 109-1093441336 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:43 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:... and also. You say he got into positions to score against Sunderland and fluffed them -- wouldnt you want a striker who atleast gets into goal scoring positions as opposed to one who doesnt even find himself in those positions (nando)

You here again.

Instead of giving your co.ckney blueshi.te views on our striker you need to look at Drogba. 

£24m for a long haired battering ram.. you could of bought Heskey for £7m and saved yourself £17m.  He's better than that :censored: Drogba

" i'm back, I'm back " is his war cry.

Back from what? he's never arrived in the first place.

He should go back to the training ground and learne to control a football.
109-1093441336

Postby liverpoolrich » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:51 pm

Santa wrote:quote]
Well I'll agree with you here. For a team with our aspiration, size and involve in so many competition per season, we should be able to get Owen and retain Cisse. Many though we had enough cover in the centre yet Rafa bought Momo, and look at the energy he can bring to our game now and give us a different angle we might not get with Stevie/Xabi/Didi.

agree with u there
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:58 pm

If Owen to arrive, i 'd love all strikers to stay taking into account baros has just left, crouch has been injured and we have many matches to face ahead. Main forwards would be Cisse, Moro, Owen and Crouch. Four strikers are not too many. Pongolle may be taken as back-up for crouch until he's recovered and Garcia may be put as second striker or attacking midfielder. However, players' salary and challenge to keep them all happy are likely to be the issues here
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:11 pm

.. Cisse remains an enigma.. pacy , but wasteful, pacy and brilliant.. and so on, He's young and needs time. I think he will stay .. and improve.. esecially after last seasons set-bak of career ending injury
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:14 pm

I just think Rafa's a manager that doesn't talk about players full . :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:17 pm

:D nice to see ya in 'another' rumour thread Mysty .. hows them eyes.. and more importantly are ya still with it :D :laugh:

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:22 pm

No Zara i can't take all the speculation so i just keep changing my sig :laugh:  Imageshak might crash soon :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:23 pm

:D :laugh: so that's defo not you lookin all hard and angry ready to thump someone if they start another rumour thread :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:26 pm

Yeh that's me but i'm lovely really :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:29 pm