Wow chelsea banned - From buying players for 18 months

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:13 am

stmichael wrote:In all fairness though, they'll appeal it and it will get reduced to a hefty fine.

no stmike. they will appeal, and the FA will be fined, and they will be able to buy double the amount of players than anyone else
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:21 am

I actually think Chelsea knew this was coming to be honest.

How else do you explain them all of a sudden signing several players up to new long term contracts in the last few weeks. Two of them (Ballack and Drogba) you could argue shouldn't even be at the club considering their age (32 and 31 respectively) and also their disgraceful behaviour in the Barcelona game last year. In the last week or so we've also had new deals for John Terry and Ashley Cole and there's even talk of Anelka getting a new deal aswell.

They were covering their backs imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:30 pm

stmichael wrote:I actually think Chelsea knew this was coming to be honest.

How else do you explain them all of a sudden signing several players up to new long term contracts in the last few weeks. Two of them (Ballack and Drogba) you could argue shouldn't even be at the club considering their age (32 and 31 respectively) and also their disgraceful behaviour in the Barcelona game last year. In the last week or so we've also had new deals for John Terry and Ashley Cole and there's even talk of Anelka getting a new deal aswell.

Surely tho they can still sign free transfers also resign players they already have on this ban ?I was thinking its just for money transfers.  ???
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:36 pm

stmichael wrote:I actually think Chelsea knew this was coming to be honest.

I read somewhere that this investigation had been going on for almost 2 years? Not sure if that's true but im sure Chelsea were well aware of Fifa's investigation.

@Dazzer

I think the ban is for registering any new players so that includes freebies I would have thought.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:40 pm

ManUtd are also being heavily investigated i hear... would be cool if both arent allowed to sign any more players for a couple of years...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Yeah similar situation with some player from LeHarve I hear. Utd have a pretty big squad though I don't think it would hurt them as much as Chelsea.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:03 am

aCe' wrote:ManUtd are also being heavily investigated i hear... would be cool if both arent allowed to sign any more players for a couple of years...

Yeah and then we win the League and all ya get from their fans will be"sure you would never have won it if we were allowed to sign players"

Fuc'k sake Everton are still blaming us cause they are shi'te and never do well in Europe..can you imagine what it would be like if Manc get the same as chelsea and we win the EPL..the sad thing is they would have a point....NO thanks!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:07 am

Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:ManUtd are also being heavily investigated i hear... would be cool if both arent allowed to sign any more players for a couple of years...

Yeah and then we win the League and all ya get from their fans will be"sure you would never have won it if we were allowed to sign players"

Fuc'k sake Everton are still blaming us cause they are shi'te and never do well in Europe..can you imagine what it would be like if Manc get the same as chelsea and we win the EPL..the sad thing is they would have a point....NO thanks!

But chances are unless we sell we will make one mediocre signing, so they still have a valid point but it's a lot less meaningful considering were poor as feck and won't be going transfer crazy as well.
SupitsJonF

Postby Well Red » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:57 am

Dazzer wrote:Surely tho they can still sign free transfers also resign players they already have on this ban ?I was thinking its just for money transfers.  ???

yeah, they can of course still resign players they already have on their books, but they wanted to tie them down to long contracts to prevent a mass exodus on the cheap come january/next summer when players like Dogba and Ballack know the squad won't be getting stronger.

thing is they seem to have found a loophole around it by signing a player and effectively loaning him out for two years. Thing is, I'm pretty sure it was a ban on signing players until 2011, not a ban on signed players playing for them until 2011. If a contract is signed with this Croatian guy to pay his wages and for him to join in 2011, surely that's a transfer signing! FIFA should be all over chelsea's arse over this violation, but of course we all know they'll roll over and ignore it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport....11.html
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:28 pm

the ban has been suspended which of course is a huge huge surprise ???

better than the mancs winning it i suppose.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:54 pm

stmichael wrote:the ban has been suspended which of course is a huge huge surprise ???

better than the mancs winning it i suppose.

I am absolutely shocked.

I really dont understand why theyd suspend it, theyve got a massive amount of money and can just buy a shed load of players so they dont have to buy in the two windows after that. Its a joke, what a pr!ck
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Fauxy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Ive got a feeling they are going to blow £60 + Million on Aguero which would be exremely foolish.

Aguero is a fantastic player and would be worth the money but they are going to have to replace maybe 9 or 10 players in two years time so spending so much money on just one player would be really stupid.
Fauxy

Postby Greavesie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Fauxy wrote:Ive got a feeling they are going to blow £60 + Million on Aguero which would be exremely foolish.

Aguero is a fantastic player and would be worth the money but they are going to have to replace maybe 9 or 10 players in two years time so spending so much money on just one player would be really stupid.

are they still suspended next summer tho? if so they'll have to do a big spending spree in January so to get the players theny want it'll probably cost 20% more than what it would in the summer.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Madmax » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Well atleast they could streghten in january and win the premiership.. Better than mancs i'd say!!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:05 pm

Current football authorities are a joke, an embarressment. Pathetic.

There was only one reason this only registered mild media interest. Because it was always a joke. The ruling bodies are toothless.  Everyone knew this would never stand, so to impose it only serves to devalue the rule enforcers more. Corruption in football will never be eliminated the way things currently are. Complete joke.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion