Wow chelsea banned - From buying players for 18 months

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Is there any chance we could be guilty of anything similar? With this and the Eduardo thing it seems the football gods are on a crusade so I was just wondering if we have any skeletons in the closet that could harm us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Dont think so.. I think it was only Chelsea because they have been warned in the past about the same sorta thing
Fauxy

Postby Madmax » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:50 pm

lol chelski
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:15 pm

stmichael wrote:In all fairness though, they'll appeal it and it will get reduced to a hefty fine.

:nod
My first thoughts when I heard it on the Radio.

Theres no way it will stand,much as I dont like them its a harsh punishment!

But if UEFA decide on appeal it stays I will go like this! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Reg wrote:Must be a GREAT relief for Abramovitch.   I hear T&T immediately contacted UEFA/FIFA claiming they´re guilty as well.....

:D

Belter lad!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Julio-0 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:21 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:On the issue of reductions after appeal….I just checked the Italian match fixing scandle

Originally
Fiorientina were supposed to be relegated to Serie B – but didn’t after appeal
Juve were supposed to be relegated to Serie c plus a reduction of 30 points – but ended up in B with a reduction of 9 points
Fiorientina were supposed to be relegated to Serie B – but didn’t after appeal
Lazio were supposed to be relegated to Serie B with a 7 point reduction – but didn’t after appeal, and were only deducted 3 points

so I’m pretty sure this will be overturned / reduced as well

This is a FIFA decision, mate, the calciopoli punishments were administered by the Italian FA.

The best example I can think of is the transfer of Philippe Mexes to Roma. FIFA imposed a transfer embargo on the club a few seasons ago for a similar breach that was supposed to endure two consecutive windows, but on appeal I think it was reduced to just the one transfer window in January.

Anyway, they've 10 days to appeal to the CAS.

:;):
Julio-0

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:27 pm

at appeal i doubt they will get it reduced to just a fine, they will probably be able to buy after missing one window with the fine increased.

it could also go the other way and punishment increased.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby skellyred71 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:59 pm

I dont know how many of youse listen to talk sport but it was so funny listening to the vile bitter andy jacobs moaning about the travesty for chelski on and on he went!! in the previous month he has been moaning about the obscene amounts citeh were paying for players, he is such a whopper any of youse catch it? :)
skellyred71

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:10 pm

skellyred71 wrote:I dont know how many of youse listen to talk sport but it was so funny listening to the vile bitter andy jacobs moaning about the travesty for chelski on and on he went!! in the previous month he has been moaning about the obscene amounts citeh were paying for players, he is such a whopper any of youse catch it? :)

I tune in sometimes when my 5live doesn't work but haven't recently. Would love to have heard Jason Cundy moaning too. He's another class a prat.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:00 pm

How the h.ell that Cundy get on the telly or the radio is beyond me, he was s.*i*e as a player an is even worse when he talking about football. one big chav him cant stand him
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:45 pm

When they appeal, not IF but WHEN, the ban will be put on hold until a decision is reached. That in itself will take a while to resolve therefore giving chelsea a chance to make any signings needed just in case the appeal fails and the punishment stands.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:01 am

He was on SSN last season before the CL game. I haven't listened to talksport in a while to be honest, probably not since last season but he is on there often too. I think he has a slot on Sundays maybe. But your right he talks so much rubbish all the time.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:03 am

Kharhaz wrote:When they appeal, not IF but WHEN, the ban will be put on hold until a decision is reached. That in itself will take a while to resolve therefore giving chelsea a chance to make any signings needed just in case the appeal fails and the punishment stands.

How does that work out? Surley their appeal has to be lodged within a few days of FIFAs ruling and it would take maybe a few weeks max for FIFA to come to a further decision. I doubt it will get dragged into the next window.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:10 am

bavlondon wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:When they appeal, not IF but WHEN, the ban will be put on hold until a decision is reached. That in itself will take a while to resolve therefore giving chelsea a chance to make any signings needed just in case the appeal fails and the punishment stands.

How does that work out? Surley their appeal has to be lodged within a few days of FIFAs ruling and it would take maybe a few weeks max for FIFA to come to a further decision. I doubt it will get dragged into the next window.

The time of appeal is short, a couple of weeks but dont forget the legal team, of any company, never work swiftly with any case. When an appeal is made they have to consider every little thing including the initial punishment. And that takes time in itself.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 am

ha ha ha ha ha

and

hahaha
kunilson
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion