Buying players to stop other teams improving - Are chelsea doing this?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:45 pm

There hasnt been one credible source in relation to the Chelsea/Kuyt story.

Chelsea tend to play 1 up top and I think they have enough cover with Sheva, Drogba and Kalou, not to mention Crespo who they havent been able to find a buyer for.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:He needed 4 players for those 2 postions, he couldn't get Joaquin so he went for his next option, nothing to do with keeping him away from us or Arsenal.

I take your point about having 4 wide players, but if they wanted SWP so much (enough to pay 9 million more than anyone else offered) why did he play so little, the amount of games Chelsea must of played last season was about 70 and Geremi played as often as Wright-Phillips.
There is no doubt that agents are using club names to generate more interest in there players and to drive prices up, but i think its pretty obvious that Chelsea are signing players they dont need to stop rivals catching up.
Rangers and Celtic do it in Scotland as well.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:11 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Rangers and Celtic do it in Scotland as well.

Good analogy Ace.  What Chelsea are doing in England is very similar to what the old firm have done in Scotland for years, albeit on a larger scale.

Even this summer, Celtic have taken Riordan and Caldwell from Hibs.  Hibs looked a young up and coming side last year who would go on to challenge the old firm in coming years.  What happens?  Celtic take their captain on a bosman (Caldwell) and their best player for a nominal fee as his contract was running out (Riordan).
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:02 am

good post
ye chelsea are buuying to stop other teams improving
they where linked with torres the second we wer linked with him and utd wer ages agoo
and joaquin
and ballack
and obi mikel
and sean w p
they really are gay an i really do hate them :(
Kopite-Jud

Postby weringo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:19 am

Ace Ventura wrote:I havent actually read any papers today so havent heard about Chelsea being interested in Kuyt. If they are in for him now then it is laughable and tbh it is good to hear, because despite winning the league two years running and signing Ballack and Schevchenko they are obviously more worried about our club and potential signings, its a great time to be a Liverpool supporter and Mourinho can obviously see we are getting closer all the time.

It's funny really that Chelsea and Maureen are thinking we might win the league more than our own fans are. Here on the forum everyone is saying not to get to over excited about are chances next season but Maureen seems to mention us in ever interview he has.

He is very worried  :nod
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby jkop » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:36 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:
redmikey wrote:fecking let them do it, as when roman gets bored the wage bill will sink the club like lead swimming boots

Couldnt agree more. Roman gets bored as does Jose and the club goes into turmoil. The players leave,the points get dropped and before you know glorious chelsea are in division 3.

I can't wait for that day.

How true !
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion