Wow chelsea banned - From buying players for 18 months

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Dazzer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:49 pm

OMG haha so funny cos of a dodgy deal SSN has just reported Chelsea have been baned from buying any players for 18 months.

Gotta be best news I heard in long time.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:50 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:51 pm

Till 2011 omg haha all there best players are 28+ they are in trouble.  :D
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:53 pm

This should be stickied.  :buttrock  :nod
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:57 pm

In all fairness though, they'll appeal it and it will get reduced to a hefty fine.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:59 pm

stmichael wrote:In all fairness though, they'll appeal it and it will get reduced to a hefty fine.

I don't even think they letting this be applealed St. as far as reports are going on SSN.

More so I think they pis.sed at chelsea for not just think but as the club as whole they done few dodgy deals over the years and the way they attack refs in CL I think has pis.sed on UEFA alot.

So maybe this is pay back to the club for alot of things like the final straw ???.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:04 pm

From the guardian:

Chelsea have been banned from signing any new players until 2011, after Fifa accused it of illegally inducing a French youth team player to join the club in 2007.

Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber today released a statement fining Gaël Kakuta €780,000 following a complaint from FC Lens and finding Chelsea "jointly and severely liable".

"A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches is imposed on the player Gaël Kakuta while the club FC Chelsea is banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the two next entire and consecutive registration periods following the notification of the present decision," said the DRC. "Furthermore, the club, FC Chelsea, has to pay to RC Lens training compensation in the amount of €130,000."

The 18-year old was voted the scholar of the year by Chelsea's Academy staff in 2008, ending the season as top scorer after playing out wide or as an attacking midfielder.

But his season was cut short last year by injury, with a broken ankle and hamstring problems restricting him to just five appearances.

----------------------

everything they appeal against gets reduced - bans on ballack and drogba were reduced  - so I expect this to be reduced as well.
Last edited by Redman in wales on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Yeah this will be reduced eventually but still it's funny.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 pm

From SSN

Fifa have banned Chelsea from registering any new players in the next two transfer windows.

The world's governing body have handed down the punishment after French clubs Lens made an official complaint over Chelsea's signing of their young player Gael Kakuta in 2007.

Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) has now found in Lens' favour and ruled that the Blues are 'jointly and severally liable'.

As such, the Stamford Bridge club have been banned from signing players over the next two transfer windows, which means they will not be able to bring in any new faces until 2011.

As well as the ban, Chelsea have been fined £680,000 and will have to pay Lens £113,000 in compensation.

Kakuta, a regular in Chelsea's reserve side, has also been banned from playing for the next four months.

Statement
The full statement from Fifa reads: "On the occasion of its last meeting held on 27 August 2009, the Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) was called to pass a decision in a contractual dispute opposing the French club Lens to the French player Gael Kakuta and the English club Chelsea.

"The French club had lodged a claim with Fifa seeking compensation for breach of contract from the player and requesting also sporting sanctions to be imposed on the player and the English club for breach of contract and inducement to breach of contract respectively.

"The DRC found that the player had indeed breached a contract signed with the French club. Equally, the DRC deemed it to be established that the English club induced the player to such a breach.

"As a result the player was condemned to pay compensation in the amount of €780,000, for which the club, Chelsea, are jointly and severally liable, and sporting sanctions were imposed on both the player and Chelsea in accordance with art. 17 par. 3 and 4 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

"A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches has been imposed on Kakuta. Chelsea are banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the two next entire and consecutive registration periods following the notification of the present decision. Furthermore, the club, Chelsea, have to pay Lens training compensation in the amount of €130,000."

Chelsea have yet to comment on the severe sanction from Fifa.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:23 pm

On the issue of reductions after appeal….I just checked the Italian match fixing scandle

Originally
Fiorientina were supposed to be relegated to Serie B – but didn’t after appeal
Juve were supposed to be relegated to Serie c plus a reduction of 30 points – but ended up in B with a reduction of 9 points
Fiorientina were supposed to be relegated to Serie B – but didn’t after appeal
Lazio were supposed to be relegated to Serie B with a 7 point reduction – but didn’t after appeal, and were only deducted 3 points

so I’m pretty sure this will be overturned / reduced as well
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:24 pm

wow

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:28 pm

It would be great news if it sticks but they will have it appealed and it will probably be reduced to just the Jan window
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:32 pm

Dundalk wrote:It would be great news if it sticks but they will have it appealed and it will probably be reduced to just the Jan window

They should change it for next summers window instead as if Ancelotti gets the sack a new manager would use that window to buy new players.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:42 pm

Abramovich reacts to the verdict:

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion