Buying players to stop other teams improving - Are chelsea doing this?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ALONSO » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:35 pm

Do you think Chelsea are buying players they don't want to stop other teams improving their squad?
Ballack was linked with Man United
Simao they shown interest when we was after him
Jon Obi Mikel had just signed for Man United
SWP was linked with Aresnal
Dirk Kuyt suddenly they are interested
ALONSO

Postby Labno » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:41 pm

Yes..damn Abramovich..
Labno

Postby Pakat » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:47 pm

No, Chelsea buy all the best players, then at the start of the season, they will try all the players they bought to see which one can make the first team squad. That will make Chelsea a stronger team.
Pakat

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:30 pm

I don't think Chelsea buy everyone who othe people are interested in becuase if that was the case then Cannavaro would be at the Bridge and we would never of had to put up with Morientes. :D

They do put bids in for some players granted. But I blame the players. They go to Chelsea to sit on the bench, just like SWP and Duff. So if top class players are willing to sit on the bench then Chelsea will put a bid in for them and that's all there is to it.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby redmikey » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:02 pm

fecking let them do it, as when roman gets bored the wage bill will sink the club like lead swimming boots
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:52 pm

redmikey wrote:fecking let them do it, as when roman gets bored the wage bill will sink the club like lead swimming boots

Couldnt agree more. Roman gets bored as does Jose and the club goes into turmoil. The players leave,the points get dropped and before you know glorious chelsea are in division 3.

I can't wait for that day.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby GOAT » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:02 pm

Yeah course they are
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:34 pm

Yes absolutely.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby munky » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:46 pm

yeah the :censored:!! hehe i hope they dont get kuyt becuase i think he'll be great...a real solid strong forward.not to link them both because of their nationality....but i can see him being like van nisterlrooy...but more mobile.
*lets bring the samba to Anfield, Fabulous Aurelio*
munky

Postby matrix » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:01 pm

bloody right...if they can stop  the scum, arsenal, and liverpool buying new players they will do it, make no mistake about that... and now cole on his way, and they might even buy kuyt it wouldnt suprise me...how do they get the players to join...  maureen!!  hi you might not make first team, hear is your sports car, lovely house, 100,000 a week ok...  chelski disgust me...  i know im not alone...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:04 pm

I dont get how quality players like Cudacini, Crespo and SWP are content to sit on the bench for so long. They must get a decent wage bill but wouldnt they rather play football now they have enough money for the rest of their life?
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:12 pm

weringo wrote:I dont get how quality players like Cudacini, Crespo and SWP are content to sit on the bench for so long. They must get a decent wage bill but wouldnt they rather play football now they have enough money for the rest of their life?

Money talks!!!

Fat wage, minimum work but then Cheeski seem to buy about 4 players for every position so not all will get a chance.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:27 pm

I still think Cudicini is among the three best keepers in the Prem. Why he's content to sit his contract out instead of seeking first team football elsewhere I have no idea.

The longer it goes on, the more of a "sit it out" mentality they'll cultivate at the club. So far, Maureen's been seemingly able to keep players happy and hungry, but after a couple of seasons of playing only a handful of games, good players will realise that their career is slipping away from them. This summer a lot of players have gone, and a lot more have gone public with their wishes to play more football. Next summer I can see this being an enormous problem at the club.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:31 am

ALONSO wrote:Do you think Chelsea are buying players they don't want to stop other teams improving their squad?
Ballack was linked with Man United
Simao they shown interest when we was after him
Jon Obi Mikel had just signed for Man United
SWP was linked with Aresnal
Dirk Kuyt suddenly they are interested

In that case we robbed Pennant because West Ham wanted him.

We Robbed Alonso because Real Madrid wanted him.

What a pointless topic.
48-1119859832

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:51 am

Oasis, I think what Alonso talking about is th fact that Chelsea buys too many players and stockpile them in their reserves despite these players being sought after by other clubs. A good example is what happened to Wright-Phillips last season, Chelsea already have Robben, Duff and Joe Cole, who are sometimes rotated on whigh wing they play (more Joe cole and Robben than Duff who is principally played on the left) and with so many other options in midfield with Essien, Lamps, Makelele, Jarosik (before being loaned out) and other not-so-famous names, chelses still went ahead to splach out an exorbitant 21 million pounds on Wright-Phillips so that they get him and no other EPL rivals get him.

They spend ludicrous amounts of money on good players who are not quite world-class (until they bought Schevchenko and Ballack) and stockpile them in the reserves. Some of these players may have signed on to good contracts while at the same time expect to win medals only to have Chelsea still spend on similar positioned players after these players are bought.

For us, we should avoid any Chelsea targets unless and let them be forcet to pay way over the odds until one fine day Roman may decide that he had "enough of football" and that day onwards, Chelsea will be well on the way to financial ruin.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion