Barton - Gets 6 months

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:52 pm

Barton admits team-mate assault 

Joey Barton initially denied the assault.
Premier League footballer Joey Barton has admitted assaulting a former team-mate in a training ground row.

The Newcastle United midfielder changed his plea ahead of a trial and admitted assaulting Ousmane Dabo during a training ground row on 1 May last year.

The 25-year-old repeatedly punched Dabo as he lay dazed on the ground, Manchester Minshull Crown Court heard.

The ex-Manchester City player is currently serving a six-month jail term for an attack in Liverpool.

The trial, which had been due to start more than a year after the incident, was put back until after the season had ended for the convenience of witnesses.

Many of them are involved in professional football. 
Outlining the events at Manchester City's training ground on May 1 last year, prosecutor Richard Vardon said it was an "explosive combination of football and violence".

Barton and Dabo confronted each other after a row during a training match, the court was told.

Dabo, 31, was said to have felt intimidated that Barton had invaded his personal space as he shouted and swore at him.

The Frenchman pushed his shoulder with both hands and Barton retaliated by punching him in the head, causing the Frenchman to fall over and lose consciousness.

Mr Vardon said several witnesses said Barton continued to punch Dabo while he lay on top of the player, who was in a dazed state.

One player, Georgios Samaras, said he had never seen such a violent incident on a training pitch in all his career, the prosecutor added.

Barton, who admitted one charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH), will be sentenced on Tuesday.

It is the third time Barton has been in court during 2008.

Ousmane Dabo was in court to hear Barton admit the attack.

In May Barton was jailed after an attack in Liverpool which took place two days after Christmas.

CCTV images showed the footballer punching a man 20 times.

Later in May Barton was cleared of vandalising a taxi during a night out in Merseyside.

The Liverpool-born footballer was sold by City to Newcastle in a £5.8m deal last summer, signing a five-year contract.

Newcastle United said it was not commenting on Monday's hearing.

Dabo, 31, is now playing for Rome side Lazio and was in court to hear Barton plead guilty.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:14 pm

SCUMBAG
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:59 pm

According to Manhattan's sources, Joey Barton has booked his holidays in Crete this summer.

He'll be flying business class, via Con Air.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:24 am

FA should life BAN his :censored: no place for :censored: in football well apart from roy keane.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:15 am

The cctv images from the attack in Liverpool city centre were all over SSN last night and they are to say the least very naughty.
I know this stuff happens when people go out and have a few too many but the other person didnt even seem to be fighting back, there was a girl as well who was wading in while the lad was done.
Footage like that would usually mean the offender can get upto a couple of years. It said he got 6 months but is being considered now for parole after 6 weeks, that in itself is a joke.
Then there's the seperate incident with Dabo that was witnessed by 6 other players with Samaras saying it was the most brutal thing he had ever seen on a training ground. Surely due to that he should be made to serve the full 6 months, possibly more. But no, he is going to change his plea to guilty and probably get a suspended sentence.
That is an absolute disgrace.
He should get 2 years i reckon for two sickening assaults within the space of a year.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:06 am

s@int wrote:Barton admits team-mate assault 

Joey Barton initially denied the assault.
Premier League footballer Joey Barton has admitted assaulting a former team-mate in a training ground row.

The Newcastle United midfielder changed his plea ahead of a trial and admitted assaulting Ousmane Dabo during a training ground row on 1 May last year.

The 25-year-old repeatedly punched Dabo as he lay dazed on the ground, Manchester Minshull Crown Court heard.

The ex-Manchester City player is currently serving a six-month jail term for an attack in Liverpool.

The trial, which had been due to start more than a year after the incident, was put back until after the season had ended for the convenience of witnesses.

Many of them are involved in professional football. 
Outlining the events at Manchester City's training ground on May 1 last year, prosecutor Richard Vardon said it was an "explosive combination of football and violence".

Barton and Dabo confronted each other after a row during a training match, the court was told.

Dabo, 31, was said to have felt intimidated that Barton had invaded his personal space as he shouted and swore at him.

The Frenchman pushed his shoulder with both hands and Barton retaliated by punching him in the head, causing the Frenchman to fall over and lose consciousness.

Mr Vardon said several witnesses said Barton continued to punch Dabo while he lay on top of the player, who was in a dazed state.

One player, Georgios Samaras, said he had never seen such a violent incident on a training pitch in all his career, the prosecutor added.

Barton, who admitted one charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH), will be sentenced on Tuesday.

It is the third time Barton has been in court during 2008.

Ousmane Dabo was in court to hear Barton admit the attack.

In May Barton was jailed after an attack in Liverpool which took place two days after Christmas.

CCTV images showed the footballer punching a man 20 times.

Later in May Barton was cleared of vandalising a taxi during a night out in Merseyside.

The Liverpool-born footballer was sold by City to Newcastle in a £5.8m deal last summer, signing a five-year contract.

Newcastle United said it was not commenting on Monday's hearing.

Dabo, 31, is now playing for Rome side Lazio and was in court to hear Barton plead guilty.

i remember this...he beat up Dabo pretty bad and he left Man City soon after.  Hopefully he'll get another 6 months on top of his original sentance.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:09 pm

A four month suspended sentence.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:21 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:A four month suspended sentence.

ffs....how can they give that scumbag a suspended sentence when he's in prison for the same thing?  i seriously hope Newcastle tear up his contract, because he's a disgrace to the national game.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:35 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:A four month suspended sentence.

ffs....how can they give that scumbag a suspended sentence when he's in prison for the same thing?  i seriously hope Newcastle tear up his contract, because he's a disgrace to the national game.

Its a disgrace to be honest!
If it was a normal man off the street that was'nt lucky enough to be a footballer he would have been given more time in jail.
There is absolutlely no reason for this other than the fact hes rich and famous.

One set of laws for the rich and another for the peasants,this country is a Fu*king disgrace!
That stinking tramp Naomi Campbell should have been locked up as well last week but was given community service instead! :no
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:14 pm

We keep hearing from these politicians that we need to clean up Britain's streets but it's not going to be easy finding the solution to the problem.
Well here's an idea, stop letting these over paid molly coddled celebrity fuckwits waltz around breaking serious laws and being let off with pathetic punishments like 20 hours community service or suspended sentences.

Barton IS a menace to the society around him as he's shown and been proven to be a violent thug by the courts. The [url=http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/videos-pictures/videos/2008/07/01/cctv-footage-of-newcastle-united-star-joey-barton-involved-in-a-fight-in-liverpool-city-ce

ntre-100252-21206711/]VIDEO[/url] of his offence in Liverpool last Christmas shows just how vicious a thug he really is. By giving him a short sentence for this attack (which I've heard he may be released from pretty soon) and suspended sentence for doing this:
is just sending out the message to the youths of this country that their role models are getting off lightly with committing violent crimes so surely it's okay for them to do it. :no
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:43 pm

totally agree Rushie...in my book you should NEVER hit a guy when he's down.  The worst thing about the Dabo assult is barton carried on punchinghim AFTER HE KNOCKED HIM OUT.....the guy is unconsicous on the floor and Barton was still punching him in the face....total scum
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:59 pm

As i said before he got the suspended sentence today, he should of got longer for the first offence.
People by ours have had fights in Birkenhead town centre that are on camera, they have got out of hand and the lads in question went over the top, similar to the Barton one in Liverpool city centre, they got 2 years and did a year.
Barton got six months and has done six weeks.
Added to the fact the seperate and apparantly even worse assault on Dabo (when he wasnt even drunk-although thats not an excuse it does make people react worse), that should of meant at the very least he shouldnt of been eligible for this early parole, as he has shown that he is a menace to society a danger to people and a thug.
How he can get a suspended sentence for the Dabo incident is staggering, he should of had to serve at least a year like the lads by ours had to.

I actually think Barton is a very good player but if i see him playing in the premiership this coming season i will be fuming.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:59 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Barton got six months and has done six weeks.

:no
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:15 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:As i said before he got the suspended sentence today, he should of got longer for the first offence.
People by ours have had fights in Birkenhead town centre that are on camera, they have got out of hand and the lads in question went over the top, similar to the Barton one in Liverpool city centre, they got 2 years and did a year.
Barton got six months and has done six weeks.
Added to the fact the seperate and apparantly even worse assault on Dabo (when he wasnt even drunk-although thats not an excuse it does make people react worse), that should of meant at the very least he shouldnt of been eligible for this early parole, as he has shown that he is a menace to society a danger to people and a thug.
How he can get a suspended sentence for the Dabo incident is staggering, he should of had to serve at least a year like the lads by ours had to.

I actually think Barton is a very good player but if i see him playing in the premiership this coming season i will be fuming.

I was reading the Echo comments column before and they were calling for him to not only be sacked by Newcastle but UEFA & FIFA should also impose a worldwide ban on him from playing professional football for a year or two.
They are spot on, there's no doubt that should he be sacked by the bar codes some unscrupulous club are gonna come along with a contract for him. Banning him is the only way to stop this happening and get scum like him out of the game.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:56 am

Rushie couldnt agree more mate, if the uk justice system cant punish him then someone within football should.
It would never happen cos he would take them to court probably but to see him playing professional football when he without doubt should be locked up is an absolute disgrace.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion