Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:03 am

Great to have you back posting again RBG. Your contribution to the forum is always valued.

Will be on the lookout for your latest recommendations   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:48 am

woof woof ! » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:03 am wrote:Great to have you back posting again RBG. Your contribution to the forum is always valued.

Will be on the lookout for your latest recommendations   :)

Cheers mate ,will do my best to throw some out there  :)
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 05, 2022 7:35 pm

The Offer Is compelling viewing and if you're a film buff like myself its brilliant seeing how they go about opting for the locations to use in the Godfather.
I'm going to watch the fourth episode tonight after the Hammerz v Frankfurt game ,but it really is a marvelous bit of TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpG9XgF57xU&t=5s
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 07, 2022 3:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 05, 2022 6:35 pm wrote:The Offer Is compelling viewing and if you're a film buff like myself its brilliant seeing how they go about opting for the locations to use in the Godfather.
I'm going to watch the fourth episode tonight after the Hammerz v Frankfurt game ,but it really is a marvelous bit of TV.

Great shout RBG, deffo been following it, can't wait for next episode.

Just finished watching "Slow Horses"  . An "Apple TV" production starring the brilliant Gary Oldman. Lets face it,  anything with him in it is worth watching   :)

Check it out .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 13, 2022 2:57 pm

woof woof ! » Sat May 07, 2022 2:32 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 05, 2022 6:35 pm wrote:The Offer Is compelling viewing and if you're a film buff like myself its brilliant seeing how they go about opting for the locations to use in the Godfather.

Just finished watching "Slow Horses"  . An "Apple TV" production starring the brilliant Gary Oldman. Lets face it,  anything with him in it is worth watching   :)

Check it out .

Watched Slow Horses mate ,it was decent enough and carried ably by the brilliance of Oldman. Have you seen 1883 yet fella ? Check it out if you like old school westerns that stay on the lines of authenticity .....It's Brilliant mate and Sam Elliott is just class,has to be my favourite series of 2021
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 13, 2022 6:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 13, 2022 1:57 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat May 07, 2022 2:32 pm wrote:

Check it out .

Watched Slow Horses mate ,it was decent enough and carried ably by the brilliance of Oldman. Have you seen 1883 yet fella ? Check it out if you like old school westerns that stay on the lines of authenticity .....It's Brilliant mate and Sam Elliott is just class,has to be my favourite series of 2021

Loved 1883 Red .
I'm always drawn to shows that examine /explore the  history of the "West" in the days that for some pushing further was almost like reaching for the moon.

Maybe one day somebody will do a series on the "Lewis and Clarke"  expedition.

Kevin Costner ! are you  listening  ?  :D 

Catch u later Red , after watching "The Offer" I'm gonna have to watch "The Godfather" parts one and two again !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:40 pm

Just watched the first episode of FX's The Old Man and I'm already sold ,has a real good feel to it.

Watched all of the Pistol series and it was brilliant from the first minute to the last ,any Pistol fan or indeed anyone who hankers for a touch of 70's nostalgia from a time when music was as real as its ever going to get will fall head over heels for this beauty. One of the best things I've seen on television for time ,and an absolute must watch.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:58 pm

Hoping to spark a bit of life back into this thread   :)

With a reminder of the best I've seen in recent months ?

The legend that is Gary Oldman in "Slow Horses"
Think of a downtrodden and virtually discarded branch of British Intelligence whose members have at sometime all fked up or their faces just didn't fit.

It's got all the usual terrorism and  threats to UK security plot lines BUT if only for Gary Oldmans' superb performance as a grungy down at the heel head of his team of misfits it's deffo worth the watch.

Just watched season two and hurrah ! a third season is in production.

Here's a tasty reminder for those that may have missed it, trailer for season one

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum