Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 21, 2021 11:34 am

Matip managed about 10 games this year and 12 last year so 15 to 20 games next year is ambitious.

Expecting Gomez and Van Dijk to walk back in like they never left is somewhat unrealistic as well. There is going to be setbacks trying to get them back to full speed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 21, 2021 3:00 pm

What do ye make of Harry Kane and his exclusive with Neville ?.

Apparently he wants a move to City this summer  :laugh: I would sooner see him there than Haalaand if truth be told.

Anyway this is another thing that's wrong with the game. He has 3 years to run on his contract and has the cheek to publicly tout himself for a move  :laugh: I hope Levy goes to town on him with massive fines and extort's the shyte out of any club willing to sign him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 21, 2021 4:37 pm

Nat Phillips? Great story isn’t it. Playing in the 2nd division in Germany last season, failing to secure a move to Swansea before the season started, not even initially being registered to play in the Champions League, to now being a key player in the run-in helping us to secure top 4. He's exceeded all expectations and raised his game beyond what any of us could have hoped. He's become a cult hero, a bright spot in an otherwise shitty season.

Saying that, if our ambitions next season include trying to win the Premier League and Champions League, ideally neither he or Rhy Williams would feature in a single minute of those competitions. Klopp has adjusted his blueprint to accommodate CB's that are slower than he ideally wants, by dropping them a little deeper, along with the fullbacks. As a result, the team is deeper, and we've lost some effectiveness in both our press and ability to create goal scoring opportunities having won the ball in the opposition half.

We haven’t seen any of our 3 primary CBs for six months now and I think some of our fans have forgotten what a quality CB looks like. The idea that Nat is anywhere close to them is strange. However, I’d think having a 5th choice CB who doesn’t take up a non-home-grown spot, and is on a modest wage, makes sense. On the evidence we have, Nat is a better option than Rhys Williams and Ben Davies even though he doesn't fit the template of what Klopp needs in a CB. But he's mid-20's now, so may want to forge a career as a first choice CB somewhere rather than settle for a few games in the League Cup.

For the PL clubs who play with a deeper-lying defence (for example, Burnley), I’d imagine he’d be an attractive option, and we could expect to get a decent fee now. Whatever happens, he’s etched his name into Anfield folklore.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat May 22, 2021 1:54 pm

red till i die!! » Fri May 21, 2021 2:00 pm wrote:What do ye make of Harry Kane and his exclusive with Neville ?.

Apparently he wants a move to City this summer  :laugh: I would sooner see him there than Haalaand if truth be told.

Anyway this is another thing that's wrong with the game. He has 3 years to run on his contract and has the cheek to publicly tout himself for a move  :laugh: I hope Levy goes to town on him with massive fines and extort's the shyte out of any club willing to sign him.

Imagine it was Pogba doing an interview with Rio Ferdinand on BT Sports saying the same things. I'm sure Neville would be lambasting him. Neville is no saviour of football. He's a self serving hypocrite.

For what it's worth I don't have a problem with people trying to further their career. Although you can still be respectful around it.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Sat May 22, 2021 4:53 pm

As mentioned in the papers Kane has 100 goals left in him in top flight football, does that justify 1.5 million per goal PLUS wages?

'Arry's missed the boat for a top dollar move.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 23, 2021 12:19 pm

He Kane. He went. He got injured a lot. He won f##k all at Spurs.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:00 am

The Ox to Arsenal?
Just a rumour but you can see it would make sense for both parties...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:22 am

I see Spudz are open to selling Alli. Think he's a good player but apparently is difficult to manage. I imagine Levy would try to shaft any PL club looking to buy him so maybe not a starter.
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Not sure about Ali. 5 years ago yes but I dont think he is that player any more.

Son would be the pick of the bunch. Hes pushing on now and could be tempted for silverware. That other lad Bergwijn (sp) looks a good shout as well.

Cant see them selling to rivals though.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Tue May 25, 2021 3:21 pm

Not keen on Alli either - it would be balotelli all over again - taking a punt on someone with a bad attitude who's unmanageable but has potential, and ultimately flogging him after failing to change his ways. We need men not boys.

I see we're being heavily linked with Ibrahima Konate for 40m.
Franky000

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 25, 2021 5:11 pm

All the reliable journalists are reporting that we’ll get the Ibrahima Konate deal sorted quickly and won’t take up the £18mil option to keep Kabak. Think we’ll go into next season with van Djik, Gomez, Matip, Konate, Phillips, and Rhy Williams, with Ben Davies and Sepp van den Berg going out on loan. Phillips and Rhy Williams might end up leaving in Jan but think we’ll go into the season with plenty of cover considering the 3 that are coming back from long term injury.

Konate is the only credible link at the moment. But one name that has been tentatively linked to us and many other clubs is Bissouma from Brighton. He seems destined to move on to bigger and brighter things this summer. He stood out like a sore thumb when we played them in Feb and he completely dominated our midfielder. I've never seen Gini disposed so often in a single game and he’s an exceptional ball retainer. We do have 7 midfield options (Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Ox, Keita, Milner and Jones) so not sure how much of a priority midfield is unless we can find a buyer for Keita or Ox asks to leave for first team football.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 25, 2021 10:01 pm

Just reading a piece there from Gorst and he says talks are far from an advanced stage. Hopefully we wrap it up next week when the window opens rather than let it drag on.

Not reading much about any links to a striker so hopefully they also surface soon. If we are going to usurp City again we are going to need fresh blood in that area. Their GD is miles better than ours this season.

Dont mind not taking up the option on Kabak even if we dont sign Konate.

There has been a good few links lately to the Brighton lad. Isnt a bad footballer but not really an improvement on Gini imo. Wont knock the signing but think we would be better looking out for a mid who scores and creates. That's an improvement on Gini.

Anyone know if we have announced a preseason schedule yet? .
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 25, 2021 10:40 pm

I've not seen enough from Kabak to suggest he has a long term future here.

And contrary to the hype, I don't think Phillips and Rhy Williams are anywhere near good enough for any top 10 Premier League team.

Move them all on.

Konate looks good. Sakho is available on a free, I'd sooner bring him back than play Kabak, Williams or Philips again.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:42 pm

7_Kewell » Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 pm wrote:I've not seen enough from Kabak to suggest he has a long term future here.

And contrary to the hype, I don't think Phillips and Rhy Williams are anywhere near good enough for any top 10 Premier League team.

Move them all on.

Konate looks good. Sakho is available on a free, I'd sooner bring him back than play Kabak, Williams or Philips again.

Sakho is a headcase and Klopp doesn't like him anyway
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 25, 2021 11:51 pm

7_Kewell wrote:I've not seen enough from Kabak to suggest he has a long term future here.

Move them all on.

Mamadou Sakho  :laugh:  C'mon Kewell he was absolutely woeful mate.  :laugh: He's nowhere near good enough to be playing in the premier league never mind for us again. I would seriously pick a camel on ice quicker than him  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill