Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:04 am

I read somewhere that our owners would be less interested in owning us without FFP, maybe winning the title changed their perspective
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:37 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:59 am wrote:So Shittys C.L ban gets overturned :nod

The rules are a joke so should be scrapped  :nod all a club needs is access to money and they get whatever bans overturned. UEFA don't care either as they get 10mil .

Did anyone on here seriously think they would have to serve that ban?  :no

I was slating UEFA myself this morning when I heard the news but apparently this is all down to the court of sporting arbitration, in fact word is UEFA aren’t impressed themselves that their decision has been overturned.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:11 pm

UEFA’s shocking incompetence has allowed City to get away with it
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:01 pm

I think like most clubs this summer we'll use whatever revenue we can generate from sales to improve our squad. We're still only looking at tinkering with the squad in my opinion.

Goalkeepers: Apparently Adrian is keen to return to his home club in Spain so if that happens we'll need to bring in a new number two. I'd imagine one of Kelleher/Grabara will go out on loan and the other will stay here as third choice. Might we worth extended Lonergan's contract for another year.

Defenders: There is a gap at LB behind Robertson which I hope we try to address. Milner and Gomez can do a job there but if they had to step in long term we'd lose the ability to stretch teams down that side without a natural left footer. Lovren is likely to move on so I'm sure we'll use the money to bring in a replacement 4th choice CB as Hoever and van den Berg don't look quite ready to step up to the PL/CL.

Midfielders: Despite the clamour to bring in a creative midfielder I don't see any change here this summer. But if Keita can stay fit and play regularly for a couple of months he could be a major asset.

Attackers: Looking increasingly likely that Shaqiri will leave and Origi must be thinking about his next career move so we'll need up to 2 attacking players. One might be Brewster but I do hope we are finally able to bring in someone who is a more suitable alternative to Salah and Mane.

Loan players: Marko Grujic, Rhian Brewster, Nathaniel Phillips, Sheyi Ojo, Ben Woodburn, Harry Wilson, Loris Karius, Taiwo Awoniyi. Karius might end up replacing Adrian if we can't find a buyer for him, and Brewster might end up replacing one of Shaqiri or Origi, but I think the rest probably have no future here with the first team squad.

Alisson
                                  Adrian
                          Kelleher/Grabara
                                 Lonergan

Trent               Gomez               van Dijk               Robertson
Williams           Matip                 Lovren

Fabinho
                                Henderson
              Keita                                      Wijnaldum
                Ox                                           Milner
              Jones

Salah                                                                 Mane
  Shaqiri                                                                Origi
                                  Firmino
                                 Minamino

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:22 am

Definitely think Lovren and Shaq will be heading off along with some of the loan players. We will be able to raise quite a few quid from that but doubtful if we will spend it all anyway due to the lost revenue from the coronavirus.

We definitely could do with a replacement for lovren. I'd give Grujic a shot as back up to the midfield and blow the rest on a striker. Someone who can stick 4 out of 5 in the bloody net.

Where did that Larrucci lad go? He looked a good prospect at L.B.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:00 pm

Thiago Alcantera is being linked with us after apparently stalling on a new deal with Bayern.

According to Bild it's on the verge of happening  :eyebrow
https://www.the42.ie/thiago-to-join-liv ... 6-Jul2020/

We usually move early for players so maybe some truth in it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:50 am

He's top class, better than any of our midfielders, would bring more creativity to the middle of the park, and would fit perfectly in Klopp's system and style of play. But my gut still tells me it's coming from his agent. He misses an awful lot of football through injury and is 30 next year. Around the 20mil mark and a reasonable wage and Klopp might be tempted though. Wherever he does end up I'm sure it won't be confirmed until Bayern's CL run is over.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Not a big fan of Alcantara to be honest. Not a hard worker or a fast runner, so not sure he fits Klopp's style, or if he fits the Premier League. He also misses a lot of games through injury every season, and he's nearing 30 years of age as well.

He does possess the creativity that our midfileders lack though, so I think we plan on using him as a plan B more or less, or in games where we don't need a very hard working midfield.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:09 pm

Haven't seen too much of Thiago to comment but the age thing and apparent lack of mobility would concern me. For that reason I suspect Klopp isn't going to pull the trigger.
I honestly despair given the calibre our competitors are chasing or signing. Havertz, Werner, Sancho (if that happens), City linked with any player with a pulse....
All our past league winners have said it - you strengthen from a position of strength. Yes, this year is messed up with Covid but surely you bank future revenue on an investment in quality players? Sell more jerseys around the planet? Sponsors pay millions for "LFC approved bogroll" ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:01 pm

damjan193 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:47 pm wrote:Not a big fan of Alcantara to be honest. Not a hard worker or a fast runner, so not sure he fits Klopp's style, or if he fits the Premier League. He also misses a lot of games through injury every season, and he's nearing 30 years of age as well.

He does possess the creativity that our midfileders lack though, so I think we plan on using him as a plan B more or less, or in games where we don't need a very hard working midfield.

Must admit I don't know much about this fella. Checked out some clips on you tube (yeah I know they're usually highlights so don't kill me  :blush:  ) My immediate reaction was, he seems to have good awareness, he's always got his head up looking to make an incisive pass. A kind of "Hendo" mk 2 ?  Can't add more than that other than he looked OK, will just have to rely on our scouts and Jurgens assessment/decision on this player.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:15 am

I've watched Thiago enough times to know his strenghs.. He's not a typical Klopp style player, he likes to pick the ball up deep and then plays long direct balls to the wide forwards. At the moment we use VVD to play those balls over the top, but this will give us extra options.

We need proper cover for the front 3.. It seems like it's becoming quite stale up there with no real competition.

If we go another summer without signing anyone.. We'll miss another chance of improving the team while the competition closes the gap. We could have a run of dominance if we bring in a couple of big name signings, but I fear we're gonna mess it up to save a few pennies.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:52 pm

So he will be a addition or replacement for the likes of Wijnaldum.

I agree, we 100% need competition uptop. More importantly I feel we need someone who is more clinical and does not need 10 shots to score 1 goal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:02 am

Kai Havertz apparently close to signing for the Chavs. papers are saying its done but they still have to agree a fee with Leverkusen. Ake on the way to City as well.

All I keep reading about us is Bargain hunting, raiding relegated clubs and cheap release clauses  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:55 am

Chelsea are making some good moves, getting these talented young lot. If they gel quick I think they will compete well next season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:30 am

redshade » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:55 pm wrote:Chelsea are making some good moves, getting these talented young lot. If they gel quick I think they will compete well next season.

Yeah I agree, if they manage to add Havertz to Pulisic and Werner they clearly aren’t fvcking around.
Lampard is putting together an exciting young team there, that Billy Gilmour who bossed it against us in the Cup looks a real prospect too as does the fullback James.
Add one or two experienced heads like Kante, Azpilicueta, Kovacic etc to that lot and the ****’s could be onto something special. I’ve mentioned before on here how that Pulisic is seriously starting to impress me, he had a slow start to his Chelsea career but now he’s improving by the week, he not only ghosts past players like they aren’t there he’s started to thread through some really clever passes and score goals now too. I know hindsight is always 20/20 but I think we could come to really regret not signing him, it would not surprise me at all if over the next 4 or 5 years he develops into a KDB/Eden Hazard type talent.
Because he’s American and the yanks are desperate for a top player to get behind I thought he was a bit of a hype job but he’s not, the lad is a serious talent.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill