Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:28 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:12 pm wrote:If Liverpool don’t spent it will be because of the finances within the club and right now because of the uncertainty with the level of losses from the pandemic. The owners are acting sensibly right now

nope. The club have just had players taking pay cuts so you expect 'Billy Big Bollox' to be signed with his £50m deal? That's a kick in the teeth for the team that've taken pay cuts.

the club surely won't be spending big after all this.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:08 pm

I don't want to get into a conversation about finance, Firstly because unlike all the "Accountants" in this forum I'm not qualified and secondly I actually don't give a f*ck !.

What I would like to talk about is "Are we resting on our Laurels"  i.e. are we so confident in our recent successes that we don't have to improve the team  ?

There's no doubt that we have one of the most effective "first elevens" in the world and our "second string" players are more than handy

BUT !

With Man City seemingly determined to "go again", Man Utd looking resurgent and Chelsea making some impressive signings, next season will provide a far greater test than the current one has been.

We've been outstanding for two seasons, but eventually mental and physical fatigue catches up with all players. I'm concerned that an injury or even a loss of form to some of our key players could seriously damage us.

Obviously, as mentioned earlier, we have some more than "handy" back up players, and in addition some great prospects coming through but will that be enough to retain the title ?

No doubt we'll be right up there but with every team looking to knock us back off our perch, nowhere right now do I actually see the team being strengthened enough to be confident about winning all the battles to come.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:11 pm

leeroy74 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:28 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:12 pm wrote:If Liverpool don’t spent it will be because of the finances within the club and right now because of the uncertainty with the level of losses from the pandemic. The owners are acting sensibly right now

nope. The club have just had players taking pay cuts so you expect 'Billy Big Bollox' to be signed with his £50m deal? That's a kick in the teeth for the team that've taken pay cuts.

the club surely won't be spending big after all this.

What do you mean “nope” ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:21 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:08 pm wrote:I don't want to get into a conversation about finance, Firstly because unlike all the "Accountants" in this forum I'm not qualified and secondly I actually don't give a f*ck !.

What I would like to talk about is "Are we resting on our Laurels"  i.e. are we so confident in our recent successes that we don't have to improve the team  ?

There's no doubt that we have one of the most effective "first elevens" in the world and our "second string" players are more than handy

BUT !

With Man City seemingly determined to "go again", Man Utd looking resurgent and Chelsea making some impressive signings, next season will provide a far greater test than the current one has been.

We've been outstanding for two seasons, but eventually mental and physical fatigue catches up with all players. I'm concerned that an injury or even a loss of form to some of our key players could seriously damage us.

Obviously, as mentioned earlier, we have some more than "handy" back up players, and in addition some great prospects coming through but will that be enough to retain the title ?

No doubt we'll be right up there but with every team looking to knock us back off our perch, nowhere right now do I actually see the team being strengthened enough to be confident about winning all the battles to come.

Two ways to strengthen

1. Buy the players in - need to have the level of finance required , right now it’s potentially unsure what level of finance the manager has available to him

2. We use the current squad , improve using training and also developing the young players on the edge to provide the back up required

Klopp appears to manage his players very well both mentally and physically and when we do have injuries the gaps do get covered.

The issue some will see would be if we lose either Mané or Salah for a long period - would Klopp want to have a level of covert for them - no doubt about that at all , at what cost is that level of cover ? A lot - or would the manager be able to adjust to fill the gap using different tactics or even bring in someone like Shaqiri , Brewster , Jones or evening Elliot

Right now the squad is like that great Dortmund squad who won leagues but they had issues when players started or wanted to leave

The biggest signings we have are the ones signing new contracts - it doesn’t stop them leaving but it keeps them more committed.

Right now our first 11 is the best in the league , one that can win more trophies

The big issue will be if it’s “multiple injures” - we lose two or three of those big players but I don’t think we as a club would ever be in a position to cover that sort of loss. I don’t tbink it’s going to happen under the working model of both the owners and the manager
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:43 pm

:laugh:

You gotta love this forum.

Make a post that starts with "I don't want to talk about "Finance" and the first response you get is

"Buy the players in - need to have the level of finance required , right now it’s potentially unsure what level of finance the manager has available to him

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:02 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:43 pm wrote::laugh:

You gotta love this forum.

Make a post that starts with "I don't want to talk about "Finance" and the first response you get is

"Buy the players in - need to have the level of finance required , right now it’s potentially unsure what level of finance the manager has available to him

Well if do want to talk about finances then what is the point of talking about team improvements in a transfer rumour thread where players cost money - you talk about options etc - they cost money regardless of the price

So finance I’m afraid is the key ingredient to transfers.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:41 pm

Tell ya one player I do like. By all accounts he's a decent bloke too, just happens to be playing for a scumbag club. Pulisic. Cracking player, always looks dangerous.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Pulasic is a very good player - believe Klopp was looking at him at one stage
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Unfortunately, we were looking at most if not all of the good players that our rivals have signed. Pulisic, Fernandes, Werner etc.

The one I regret not signing the most is definitely Bruno Fernandes. Although we probably didn't really need him, he would have still been a great addition to our squad. But the thing that bothers me the most is that he has improved the mancs immensely. He's turning thigns around for them, very similar to what van Dijk did for us. Can't believe some people thought he wasn't good enough. In current form, the guy is on par with De Bruyne.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:13 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:21 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:08 pm wrote:I don't want to get into a conversation about finance, Firstly because unlike all the "Accountants" in this forum I'm not qualified and secondly I actually don't give a f*ck !.

BUT !

Two ways to strengthen

1. Buy the players in - need to have the level of finance required , right now it’s potentially unsure what level of finance the manager has available to him

2. We use the current squad , improve using training and also developing the young players on the edge to provide the back up required

Klopp appears to manage his players very well both mentally and physically and when we do have injuries the gaps do get covered.

The issue some will see would be if we lose either Mané or Salah for a long period - would Klopp want to have a level of covert for them - no doubt about that at all , at what cost is that level of cover ? A lot - or would the manager be able to adjust to fill the gap using different tactics or even bring in someone like Shaqiri , Brewster , Jones or evening Elliot

Right now the squad is like that great Dortmund squad who won leagues but they had issues when players started or wanted to leave

The biggest signings we have are the ones signing new contracts - it doesn’t stop them leaving but it keeps them more committed.

Right now our first 11 is the best in the league , one that can win more trophies

The big issue will be if it’s “multiple injures” - we lose two or three of those big players but I don’t think we as a club would ever be in a position to cover that sort of loss. I don’t tbink it’s going to happen under the working model of both the owners and the manager

The first half of the AV game showed our lack of back up up front, Origi has been a legend in some important games but cannot be relied upon on a regular basis.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:31 pm

I thought Brewster would have mixed in with the main lot by now. I was hoping he would've had a similar impact to United's Greenwood.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:32 pm

redshade » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:31 am wrote:I thought Brewster would have mixed in with the main lot by now. I was hoping he would've had a similar impact to United's Greenwood.

Me too. I'd love to know what Klopp is planning for him. Same with Wilson, Grujic, Woodburn...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:58 am

Yup I was expecting Woodburn and Brewster to be gelled in by now at least. Woodburn will be 21 in October and Brewster 21 next yr April. I relly hope they don't end up like Jordan Ibe, potential and that it.
I completely forgot about Marco lol, didn't even realise his still attached to us.
That Greenwood is looking really good, scored a good goal today, I think his scored about 17 goals in all comps this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:42 pm

We did Ok against Brighton but weren't as defensively sound as per usual.

It's going to be interesting to see who we bring in as I think it is imperative we get serious backup for the front 3.

The " who will come to sit on the bench" argument doesn't' really hold too much water as far as I can see...just look at Abu Dhabi and now Chelsea are strengthening multiple positions as well. We are PL, European and World champs and can and should attract top players.

The mancs seem to be getting back into some form as well.

If we rest on our laurels I think next season is going to be a four way fight for the title as a minimum.
If we keep the same backup for our front 3 (Origi , Minamino) I don't think we will retain the title- which will be some ask even with reinforcements.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:59 am

So Shittys C.L ban gets overturned :nod

The rules are a joke so should be scrapped  :nod all a club needs is access to money and they get whatever bans overturned. UEFA don't care either as they get 10mil .

Did anyone on here seriously think they would have to serve that ban?  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill