Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:12 pm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... js-de-ligt

Rumour from couple of days ago. I would love it if we could snap De Ligt. Having VVD/Gomez and De Ligt part of the sqaud is mouth watering. However he will cost waaayy to much and most likely end up at Madrid.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 pm wrote:Unfortunately this one isn't a rumour, Gordon Banks has passed away aged 81. He probably had more standing ovations from the Kop than any other non Liverpool player in history. Back in the day Leicester were famous for being our bogey team, they had a fella called Stringfellow who would score with their only shot of the game and then Gordon Banks would do the rest.
When he called it a day he got a great reception here again. One of the true greats of the game.

Sad to hear of his passing away, great keeper, will always be remembered for that save from Pele's header in the 1970 WC
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 pm

Boocity » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:46 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 pm wrote:Unfortunately this one isn't a rumour, Gordon Banks has passed away aged 81. He probably had more standing ovations from the Kop than any other non Liverpool player in history. Back in the day Leicester were famous for being our bogey team, they had a fella called Stringfellow who would score with their only shot of the game and then Gordon Banks would do the rest.
When he called it a day he got a great reception here again. One of the true greats of the game.

Sad to hear of his passing away, great keeper, will always be remembered for that save from Pele's header in the 1970 WC

It was in the paper today that Shankly tried to sign him for £50,000 but the board wouldn't sanction it, Banks went to Stoke instead.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:10 am wrote:
Boocity » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:46 pm wrote:

It was in the paper today that Shankly tried to sign him for £50,000 but the board wouldn't sanction it, Banks went to Stoke instead.

The board was right! Shankly bought Clemo on 24 June 1967 for £18,000 from Scunthorpe United.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 pm

Alot of media outlets are claiming we have contacted Leipzig about signing Timo Werner. I think he would be a great signing but Leipzig were really difficult in the Naby Keita deal so we'll see how it goes.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:14 pm wrote:Alot of media outlets are claiming we have contacted Leipzig about signing Timo Werner. I think he would be a great signing but Leipzig were really difficult in the Naby Keita deal so we'll see how it goes.

That's old news I think, it's no secret that we're intereseted in Werner. Anyway, he would be a good signing IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:11 am

In todays Sunday Mirror

Philippe Coutinho issues sensational come-and-get-me plea to Man Utd

The former Liverpool star has been in contact with United stars over a potential £100m move to Old Trafford

Coutinho has told friends he has found it hard to settle in the Catalan capital and has failed to reproduce the exhilarating form that made him a Kop favourite.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that he has spoken with a number of Manchester United players about a potential £100million switch to Old Trafford.

Coutinho has admitted that he misses the Premier League and knows that his former side Liverpool are unlikely to want him back, especially after the protracted negotiations over his eventual transfer led to a falling out between the two clubs.

The Red Devils are not the only suitors for Coutinho's signature - with Paris Saint-Germain set to make their own bid to sign the attacking midfielder.

PSG are looking to get one over Barca after they were beaten in the race to sign Dutch wonder kid Frenkie De Jong.

Coutinho has played 60 times for the Catalan side during a stop and start 14 months in Spain, where he has only netted 18 times.

He is also not seemingly the flavour of the day among his Barca teammates after Gerard Pique vocalised his displeasure with his teammate's apparent lack off focus during Friday's training session.

What a snide ! If true would surely kill any remaining goodwill some may still have for him ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:15 am

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 am wrote:In todays Sunday Mirror

The former Liverpool star has been in contact with United stars over a potential £100m move to Old Trafford

Coutinho has told friends he has found it hard to settle in the Catalan capital and has failed to reproduce the exhilarating form that made him a Kop favourite.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that he has spoken with a number of Manchester United players about a potential £100million switch to Old Trafford.

Coutinho has admitted that he misses the Premier League and knows that his former side Liverpool are unlikely to want him back, especially after the protracted negotiations over his eventual transfer led to a falling out between the two clubs.

The Red Devils are not the only suitors for Coutinho's signature - with Paris Saint-Germain set to make their own bid to sign the attacking midfielder.

PSG are looking to get one over Barca after they were beaten in the race to sign Dutch wonder kid Frenkie De Jong.

Coutinho has played 60 times for the Catalan side during a stop and start 14 months in Spain, where he has only netted 18 times.

He is also not seemingly the flavour of the day among his Barca teammates after Gerard Pique vocalised his displeasure with his teammate's apparent lack off focus during Friday's training session.

What a snide ! If true would surely kill any remaining goodwill some may still have for him ?

Obviously the weather in Manchester is much better than the weather in Liverpool, so his wife will be happy.

Also, all Brazilian players dream of playing for tha Scum  :upside:

I said it when he left, he will remember how they SANG his name
Last edited by kazza on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:18 am

I'll keep saying get Zaha...Would swap him for Mane as well..The lad is unplayable...The only question standing is he manageable....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:17 am

only me » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:18 am wrote:I'll keep saying get Zaha...Would swap him for Mane as well.

Stay off the Angel Dust kidda! :wwww
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:37 pm

only me » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:18 am wrote:I'll keep saying get Zaha...Would swap him for Mane as well..The lad is unplayable...The only question standing is he manageable....

:laugh:

Frank said stop doing drugs
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:32 pm

Coutinho to Manure? Where would he play? And why would anyone pay £100m for one if Barca's flops?

Watch him play on the telly...he was jeered by his own fans most of the time. Sad state of affairs, to be honest.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:16 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:32 pm wrote:Coutinho to Manure? Where would he play? And why would anyone pay £100m for one if Barca's flops?

Watch him play on the telly...he was jeered by his own fans most of the time. Sad state of affairs, to be honest.

For 200k per week they can throw egg at me and I’d be laughing.

He made his bed!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:38 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 am wrote:In todays Sunday Mirror

He's having a tough time at the minute but I doubt he's looking for a move away to any club. And if he does end up going, I think he'll hold out for a move to PSG.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:40 pm

If that is true what a feking w*nker however i think if he leaves he will go to PSG.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill