Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby electrum » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:04 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:30 pm wrote:We have got to sign back ups for certain players and most notably the front 3. We have been blessed this season in that none of them had an absence longer than 2 games.  The back ups we currently have are not good enough to step in when needed.

We have been in this position before where we are challenging right up to the death only to take steps sideways and backwards for the following season. Its vital that we continue to progress because if we don't we will start losing players.

I couldn't agree more.

Lallana, Origi and Studge need to be moved on sharpish and replaced with one top striker and one with real potential.

Our front three are amazing when on song but there is a huge drop off in quality when it comes to the bench.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 pm

electrum » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:04 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:30 pm wrote:We have got to sign back ups for certain players and most notably the front 3. We have been blessed this season in that none of them had an absence longer than 2 games.  The back ups we currently have are not good enough to step in when needed.

We have been in this position before where we are challenging right up to the death only to take steps sideways and backwards for the following season. Its vital that we continue to progress because if we don't we will start losing players.

I couldn't agree more.

Lallana, Origi and Studge need to be moved on sharpish and replaced with one top striker and one with real potential.

Our front three are amazing when on song but there is a huge drop off in quality when it comes to the bench.

Exactly, that's why I said that a forward player will be our main focus in this transfer period. Timo Werner can play across all three forward positions, good player that won't cost more than £40m, so I think he'll be our main target. We already have a young striker with potentialn in Brewster.

We'll sign one or two more back-up players and that'll be it I think. A creative midfielder, as much as we may need one, won't be the focus this summer IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:42 pm

I think Klopp will sign a maximum of TWO players in the summer, the creative midfielder, and a decent CB or striker.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:54 pm

I personally think we'll lose a couple of big players in the summer.. I wouldn't be suprised if both Mane and Salah move on to be honest.

Can they be replaced? I believe both can yes.. I'd get in Nicolas Pepe as a straight replacement for Mane and I'd have a gamble at trying to get Hazard in to replace Salah.

Pepe/Firmino/Hazard as a front 3 with Dybala just behind them.. then I'd try to get either Varane or De Ligt to partner VVD at the back.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:21 am

If we sell Mane and Salah we will regress about 5 years at least and be back to being a selling club.
You could forget winning anything for the foreseeable...
Buying players and expecting them to fit into Klopps style immediately in attack is living in cloud cuckoo land
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:42 am

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:54 pm wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if both Mane and Salah move on to be honest.

Why do you think that will happen?

No way will we lose both of them, can't see it.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:41 am

Far less likely we'll lose big players now. We're playing regular Champions League football and the club has worked hard to increase revenues so that we can pay players big wages. If Real Madrid or Barcelona push hard for your players it's always tempting for them but we're in a different place to a few years ago.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... o-14588306   This is from November 23rd and outlines the duration of each players contract.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-liverpo ... /verein/31 This shows who is out in June 2019.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/01/h ... t-expires/

Reason I posted 3 links is because the 1st 2 say Milner is out this year and the last says it is 2020. Think it was P.C who posted a link a while ago confirming that but wasn't so sure as I could only find that one source until today.

I really hope we don't lose any of our top players as they are well tied up so we need to resist any offers for them in the summer regardless of the money offered.

Pig Catcher wrote:Far less likely we'll lose big players now. We're playing regular Champions League football and the club has worked hard to increase revenues so that we can pay players big wages. If Real Madrid or Barcelona push hard for your players it's always tempting for them but we're in a different place to a few years ago.

We are in a much better position now to hold on to players like you said but if they really want the move they will get it. I don't think we will give into the clubs but maybe to the player if he forces it. That's always the worry.  Rumours are flying now that Zidane returned and he will come back in for Mane who apparently agreed terms with them before he left.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:47 am

red till i die!! » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:49 pm wrote:https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-contract-expiry-mane-sadio-14588306   This is from November 23rd and outlines the duration of each players contract.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-liverpo ... /verein/31 This shows who is out in June 2019.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/01/h ... t-expires/

Reason I posted 3 links is because the 1st 2 say Milner is out this year and the last says it is 2020. Think it was P.C who posted a link a while ago confirming that but wasn't so sure as I could only find that one source until today.

I really hope we don't lose any of our top players as they are well tied up so we need to resist any offers for them in the summer regardless of the money offered.

Pig Catcher wrote:Far less likely we'll lose big players now. We're playing regular Champions League football and the club has worked hard to increase revenues so that we can pay players big wages. If Real Madrid or Barcelona push hard for your players it's always tempting for them but we're in a different place to a few years ago.

We are in a much better position now to hold on to players like you said but if they really want the move they will get it. I don't think we will give into the clubs but maybe to the player if he forces it. That's always the worry.  Rumours are flying now that Zidane returned and he will come back in for Mane who apparently agreed terms with them before he left.

good post.
it looks like Sturridge,milner and origi and moreno are on the way out, cant see them getting new deals.

But look at Coutinho, signed a new long term deal, then Barca came calling.  Contracts don't mean diddly squat these days, they can be bought out.  nothing to stop someone coming in For Salah at the right price £150m+
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:06 am

I give Milly a 12 month extension, we still need old heads in the changing room.  Sturridge, Origi and Moreno can leave on the last day of the season. I laugh at the fact Bournemouth paid 19 million for Solanke.... hopefully we'll have a few more laughs when we sell the deadwood and driftwood. That said we paid 18 million for Moreno!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:12 am

Klopp might keep Moreno for back up at left back?
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:50 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:37 am

Moreno to Bareclona, what as, ball boy!!  No other EPL team would take him even on a free so why should Barca?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Sturridge, Moreno, Bogdan & Randall are the 4 players out of contract this summer. They'll all leave - including Moreno who was offered a contract extension.

Lallana, Milner, Matip & Origi will have 1 year left from this summer. Think we'll try to sell Lallana and Origi, keep Milner and make a decision in early 2020 whether to offer him a one year extension. If we don't extend Matip's contract soon maybe he'll be one we'll sacrifice in the summer in order to bring in a less injury prone CB. Can't carry on with 3 of them.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:21 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:59 pm wrote:Sturridge, Moreno, Bogdan & Randall are the 4 players out of contract this summer. They'll all leave - including Moreno who was offered a contract extension.

Lallana, Milner, Matip & Origi will have 1 year left from this summer. Think we'll try to sell Lallana and Origi, keep Milner and make a decision in early 2020 whether to offer him a one year extension. If we don't extend Matip's contract soon maybe he'll be one we'll sacrifice in the summer in order to bring in a less injury prone CB. Can't carry on with 3 of them.

Bogdan, is he still here?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill