Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:23 pm

maguskwt » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:17 pm wrote:
redshade » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:26 pm wrote:He would demand a rediculous wage and at his age i wouldn't bother.

However saying thay Klopp imo would get the best out of him. From mannure i would like Martial. I think Klopp wouls do wonders with him.

He is still only 29. Not too long ago, players are considered at their peak at 28-30 years.

:) at Reg's reply

Yeah, and at 31/32 Their knees and Ahcillies and cruciate ligaments and Hamstrings start failing and they are on the crock list, thus rendered useless, Like Lallana.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:28 pm wrote:
How do you figure that ? Grujic is far from ready for the Prem - at times last season he struggled in the champ. Fabinho as you have been told many times is just taking time to get used to life in the Prem.

Yet,the Cardiff fans lauded his inclusion and some even recognized his contribution as the catalyst for making their promotion push look so easy ! I've been watching this team for 35 years fella and I've seen my fair share of midfielders and last season I watched more than enough Cardiff games to instill the belief the lad is ready for this league. In point of fact, in all the games I took in I only really seen Grujic struggle to the extent he's been clearly out of his depth was when they played City in the cup and the reasons for that were patently clear ,he made three ferocious tackles in the first 10 mins received a talking to  and from then on had to curb his enthusiasm and put the brakes on his usual game, add to that, Warnock played a player alongside him more comfortable at LB and Joe Ralls who left the midfield unbalanced with his constant pushing forward and so invariably losing possession.

City just flooded the midfield and had something bordering on 80% possession ,even the most combative of midfielders would have his head spinning with that kind assault. As for Fabinho he's been playing in arguably the most languid league in Europe so he will no doubt find the pace in this league troubling ,the one thing he has got 'in spades' is a real game intelligence and its this trait that will see him overcome his current adversities. I've no qualms whatsoever he will become the linchpin for this team and have as much influence on our game as Fernandinho has for City.

Other than that,I'm in full agreement that the gap that currently exists between our midfield and attack is a problem best ironed out early ,we arguably have the most hardworking and industrious midfield in the Prem but as a self confessed football romanticist its not really a style of football I want to see played at Anfield whilst I'm shelling out my hard earned for a ticket ,its fine away and I don't mind tipping up at places like Watford seeing a more rigid and combative display ,but in our back yard I'd like to see the risks taken to induce the style of football I and most long suffering Liverpool supporters are more familiar with. I want to see visiting  teams just not coping with our fluent and progressive football ,I want to see opposing defenders breathing heavy with their workload ,sack that,I want to f*cking hear them struggling to get their breath from the Kop.

I think once we can adjust and get the correct balance we will be fine ,but its currently lopsided what with our defence and workmanlike midfield  far outweighing the importance of our attack.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Cardiff last year were in the Championship and the gulf between that and the Prem is massive and you only have to look to see how poor Cardiff are - I was hoping he would have a season on loan in the Prem - that would be the telling marker
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:33 pm

He did ok but as soon as he made the minimum number of appearances in order for Cardiff to avoid having to pay us the maximum loan fee he was dropped to the bench. He barely featured in the final few games of the season. Doesn't sound like he was flooded with loan offers from PL clubs so first team football at a top 10 Bundesliga club is a great move.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Us missing out on Fekir for whatever reason looks like it might turn out to be a big mistake. In this moment in time he is the perfect missing link. I wonder if we'll go back in for him in January..  because on current form Fekir will end up at Barca.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:34 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:12 pm wrote:Cardiff last year were in the Championship and the gulf between that and the Prem is massive and you only have to look to see how poor Cardiff are - I was hoping he would have a season on loan in the Prem - that would be the telling marker

You mean how poor Cardiff are now ,bereft of the DM  they had in Grujic ? As for the Championship fella ,its like a mire when Premiership teams fall into it ,teams like Sunderland ,Villa and more recently Stoke and Swansea find it increasingly more difficult to negotiate,in more simplistic terms its a ***** of a league to get out of and its completely unforgiving to those teams who lack the appetite for the fight.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:54 am

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:07 am wrote:Us missing out on Fekir for whatever reason looks like it might turn out to be a big mistake. In this moment in time he is the perfect missing link. I wonder if we'll go back in for him in January..  because on current form Fekir will end up at Barca.

Bow-locks.

If Klopp changed his mind that's good enough for me. I'll laff my socks off if he goes to Barca and gets injured during his first game.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Looks like Australian Jack Scully will be signing from Barnsford in January.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:56 am

Pig Catcher » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:23 pm wrote:Looks like Australian Jack Scully will be signing from Barnsford in January.

Great! Is he a striker mate?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:46 pm

How about some January predictions to take our minds off the horrible defeat yesterday. Here is mine. In the first week of the window Fekir to join us and Origi to Wolves.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Pig Catcher wrote:How about some January predictions to take our minds off the horrible defeat yesterday. Here is mine. In the first week of the window Fekir to join us and Origi to Wolves.

Would love to see Fekir come in but that dodgy knee has the club running scared. They are probably right because if it goes off it just might bloody well take a few in the immediate proximity with it  :laugh:

Ok bad joke but I seriously think we need to recruit an AM and a Striker in the next window or two. Bring in a striker in January if we want to bide our time with Keita but we really need an out and out striker to lead the line and give us another dimension to our attack.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Am I the only one who thinks we would be the last team Fekir wants to play for  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:52 pm

Isn't that young lad Brewster back in December from injury? Think there was a promise of first team football for him when he signed that contract.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:12 am

Brewster has got HUGE potential, looking forward to see what he can do.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:39 am

We need more players like Shaq/Ox who're willing to assert themselves and dominate their zone.

Remember the Uefa cup final last season with Mad Dog Costa? Players actually backed off when he either had the ball or were in possession and he approached. He was instrumental in every goal, he dragged Atletico back from the dead. A Latino Graeme Souness.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill