Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Anyway, if you as a Liverpool fan are feeling a bit down in the dumps, check this link out, it's sure to raise a smile...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld8GIpBTDac
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Aaron Ramseys name was mentioned yesterday in the Mirror. Apparently he was a target in the summer  :oh:

Could be a replacement next season for Milner.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:08 am

red till i die!! » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:45 pm wrote:Aaron Ramseys name was mentioned yesterday in the Mirror. Apparently he was a target in the summer  :oh:

Was surprised when I read he was (allegedly) one of our targets in the summer. Skilled player BUT does seem to pick up a couple of injuries every season, some of them keeping him out for lengthy periods.

Not sure he'd survive the high energy game our manager demands.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 am

Seems like Alexis Sanchez had a really bad falling out with Mourinho. Worth a cheeky bid for him? I do think he can improve our attacking department either taking Salah's or Mane's place.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Go for it Mags.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:26 pm

He would demand a rediculous wage and at his age i wouldn't bother.

However saying thay Klopp imo would get the best out of him. From mannure i would like Martial. I think Klopp wouls do wonders with him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:41 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:45 pm wrote:Aaron Ramseys name was mentioned yesterday in the Mirror. Apparently he was a target in the summer  :oh:

Was surprised when I read he was (allegedly) one of our targets in the summer. Skilled player BUT does seem to pick up a couple of injuries every season, some of them keeping him out for lengthy periods.

Not sure he'd survive the high energy game our manager demands.

I was thinking that myself and had a look just to see how bad his injuries were. According to Transfermarket he has missed a total of 113 games since 09/10 and Wiki has him down as played 337 games during that same period so he has been unavailable for about a quarter of their matches.  A couple were lengthy absences but the majority of them is 3 to 4 games each time.

Milner is out of contract next season so either they give him a new one or look to replace him with similar as in a freebie. The wage freed up by Milly will go to him and it leaves us with that money to spend elsewhere.

Its hard to know whether he would struggle with the intensity here. I don't think Ox struggled with it during matches but maybe over the course of the season it is what broke him. With the games he will miss this season he will overtake Ramsey with layoffs by about 20 to 30 games and he has almost 3 years less in the game. I suppose my point is that I never would have thought Ox would be a fit for Klopp and his injury record didn't seem to matter either.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:17 pm

redshade » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:26 pm wrote:He would demand a rediculous wage and at his age i wouldn't bother.

However saying thay Klopp imo would get the best out of him. From mannure i would like Martial. I think Klopp wouls do wonders with him.

He is still only 29. Not too long ago, players are considered at their peak at 28-30 years.

:) at Reg's reply
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:37 pm

Ramsey reminds me a bit of Lallana, he's skilful but flatters to deceive. I'd prefer someone with a bit more drive about them, he looks like he coasts through games to me.
As for Sanchez he looks just about done as a top level footballer, given the big fat contract he's on at United (£350,000 a week) I can't see him going anywhere anyway, imo wild horses couldnt drag him away.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:48 pm

I cannot in a million years see us signing any more midfielders, bearing in mind we still have Oxlaide-Chamberlain to come back next season, we only play three in midfield and have plenty in reserve.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Nowhere near the required standard to play for us.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Grujic might be ready to step up to the plate next year, he's improving all the time that lad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:53 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:03 pm wrote:Grujic might be ready to step up to the plate next year, he's improving all the time that lad.

I am a big fan of Grujic but think he is getting a raw deal here. That lad has quality and shows it every preseason but it gets him nowhere. This season we bought Fabinho who is a direct rival for his position so that limits his chances again next year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:42 am

red till i die!! » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:53 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:03 pm wrote:Grujic might be ready to step up to the plate next year, he's improving all the time that lad.

I am a big fan of Grujic but think he is getting a raw deal here. That lad has quality and shows it every preseason but it gets him nowhere. This season we bought Fabinho who is a direct rival for his position so that limits his chances again next year.

Given current form mate Fabinho should be the one worrying about Grujic, not the other way round.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:42 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:53 am wrote:

Given current form mate Fabinho should be the one worrying about Grujic, not the other way round.

How do you figure that ? Grujic is far from ready for the Prem - at times last season he struggled in the champ. Fabinho as you have been told many times is just taking time to get used to life in the Prem.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill