Race for Champs league spot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:39 pm

2nd to 4th place in the blink of an eye.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Goes to show how tight it is one day we are looking ahead the next were looking behind.

Plenty of twists yet which will go right down to the last few games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Key games will be when we face chelsea and chelsea face spurs. Avoid defeat in that game and I would be absolutely shocked if finish outside the top 4.

Also have the bitters to play at their place but we will do them. The only other one i'm slightly concerned about is Palace away. Hate that ground and they have a knack of pulling a surprise out the bag
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:17 am

We could go and win every remaining match and go on a eight match winning streak, I'm going with that option.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:11 am

It could well go down to the second last game of the the season v Chelsea. Spurs and Chelsea being out of Europe favours them while our record the weekend after playing in Europe midweek is a cause for concern (1 win). Kane being injured could swing it back in our favour mind. Spurs v Chelsea comes at a welcome time for us
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:04 pm

They're all tricky games. Even the Palace away and West Brom away matches are not a formality. We just have to keep fighting until the last whistle.

It doesn't help the fact we have dropped so many points by drawing so many games (9) , with our shoddy defence, from winning positions.

remaining Fixtures:

Spurs:                                       Chelsea:
Chelsea (A)                               Burnley(A)
Stoke (A)                                  Spurs(H)
Newcastle(H)                            West Ham(H)
Man City (H)                             Southampton (A)
Brighton (A)                             Huddersfield(H)
Watford(H)                               Swansea (A)
West Brom (A)                          Liverpool(H)
Leicester(H)                             Newcastle(A)

The above have about TWO tricky games each, the rest they should both win, so this is going  right down to the wire.

Same goes for us, Chelsea away and Everton away, are the tricky games really, the rest we should be winning.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:04 pm wrote:They're all tricky games. Even the Palace away and West Brom away matches are not a formality. We just have to keep fighting until the last whistle.

It doesn't help the fact we have dropped so many points by drawing so many games (9) , with our shoddy defence, from winning positions.

remaining Fixtures:

The above have about TWO tricky games each, the rest they should both win, so this is going  right down to the wire.

Same goes for us, Chelsea away and Everton away, are the tricky games really, the rest we should be winning.

Chelsea banana skins - Burnley, Spurs, West Ham (derby), Swansea and Us
Spurs - Chelsea, City, Brighton, Leicester, Newcastle (I have faith in Rafa)
Us - Palace, Everton, Chelsea

Don't love v Chelsea and we SHOULD be fine
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:38 pm

I still think we will end up 3rd and get to the CL final.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:18 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:04 pm wrote:They're all tricky games. Even the Palace away and West Brom away matches are not a formality. We just have to keep fighting until the last whistle.

remaining Fixtures:

Chelsea banana skins - Burnley, Spurs, West Ham (derby), Swansea and Us
Spurs - Chelsea, City, Brighton, Leicester, Newcastle (I have faith in Rafa)
Us - Palace, Everton, Chelsea

Don't love v Chelsea and we SHOULD be fine

Everton haven't got enough to live with us. Think that will be a fairly comfortable win for us. Tricky ones for us  obviously Chelsea and Palace. Palace shouldn't be a hard one on paper but they do have the ability to make things difficult on their own patch.

Chelseas trip to Burnley is a tricky one but their last game of also v Newcastle away which could be a dodgy one for them. They'll beat West Ham at home as they look a mess at the moment.

Looking at spurs run in, struggling to see Brighton and Newcastle giving them too many problems to be honest. Leicester could do something with Vardy/Mahrez but that is spurs last  game at wembley and they will be up for it and Leicester will have nothing to play for and will probably already be on their summer hols.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:29 pm

4 points is a tidy cushion at this stage, we can afford to have a really bad day at the office and we'd still be ahead of Chelsea where as they can't afford any slip ups at all, if they lose and we win that gap grows to 7 and with games running out 7 points would pretty much be an unassailable lead.
As we have found out ourselves in the past when we've been in Chelsea's shoes playing catch up it's very difficult to put a run of victories together when you are playing under that type of pressure.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:56 pm

If Kane is out for a while it will be a massive blow for Spurs. Imagine we were to lose Salah we would struggle to get going.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 am

I think when we play Chelsea they will be out of CL spots and thinking about summer holidays. West Brom are in all sorts of trouble and Crystal Palace are managed by Woy, nuff said.  I still think we can catch ManUre, I cannot seeing us fail to make CL spots.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Man Utd may even drop further points yet, they still have Man City to play, amongst others. Preferably, I would like to finish above them, then it's a good season for us. :nod
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:29 pm wrote:Man Utd may even drop further points yet, they still have Man City to play, amongst others. Preferably, I would like to finish above them, then it's a good season for us. :nod

Yeah i think City can win the title if they beat Mannure. That would be cool if that happens.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:03 pm

On a brighter note, Harry Kane is injured until April, so hopefully, Spurs will drop a few more points. :D
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion