Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:13 pm

redshade » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:59 am wrote:Guardian reporting - Liverpool have AGREED terms with spanish sensation "Felipe Garcia" to join the Cafe as a chef.

Also reports that we might be getting a BARCELONA cleaner on loan.

I saw clips of that Garcia lad, I know it is only YouTube and everyone looks good on YouTube but he looked like he could whip up a mean omelette. As for the cleaner, he will struggle with the pace of a premier league club  :D a money ball signing all the way!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Monacos left back Benjamin Mendy linked again.

Be amazing but be in a queue from Anfield to Stade Louis II to take him, if FSG are playing games with names they will not deliver its not on really.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:34 am

kazza » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:13 pm wrote:
redshade » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:59 am wrote:Guardian reporting - Liverpool have AGREED terms with spanish sensation "Felipe Garcia" to join the Cafe as a chef.

Also reports that we might be getting a BARCELONA cleaner on loan.

I saw clips of that Garcia lad, I know it is only YouTube and everyone looks good on YouTube but he looked like he could whip up a mean omelette. As for the cleaner, he will struggle with the pace of a premier league club  :D a money ball signing all the way!

Oh yes that omelette looked delicious. Garcia will be an asset, terrific signing worth every penny.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:40 pm

parchpea » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:22 pm wrote:Monacos left back Benjamin Mendy linked again.

Be amazing but be in a queue from Anfield to Stade Louis II to take him, if FSG are playing games with names they will not deliver its not on really.

Everton used to do that years ago, they'd throw their hat into the ring whenever a big name came onto the market knowing full well they wouldn't get them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:10 pm

parchpea » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:22 pm wrote:Monacos left back Benjamin Mendy linked again.

The only reason he is being linked is because Melissa Reddy of Goal gave his name as an answer when she was asked "which left back do you think the club should go for"? See how easy "links" are created!
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Forgotten man Andre Wisdom away to Derby for £2m, even Salzburg didnt fancy him after the loan.

No money at all really but I feel he will be lucky to make any real progress at Derby tbh.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:28 pm

parchpea » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:06 pm wrote:Forgotten man Andre Wisdom away to Derby for £2m, even Salzburg didnt fancy him after the loan.

No money at all really but I feel he will be lucky to make any real progress at Derby tbh.

Yep, he's another one on the verge of going who was very highly rated when he was progressing through the youth ranks. I think he was even captain of England at one point. To be fair at least he did get as far as the first team, in fact I seem to remember him having a decent little run in the side and doing quite well until Kevin Mirallas ripped him to shreds in a Derby game. He fell off the radar after that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Sky sports saying it could rise to 4.5 mil with add-ons. Its a good move for him where he should be a starter. It is disappointing that he never made it here but he is still only 24 and has plenty of time left in the game. Best of luck to the lad  :nod

Salah's fellow countryman Mido is on record saying that Salah will sign for us this summer. Decent signing imo with the only drawback being that he would also be joining Mane whenever the African Nations is on.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:59 am

Newcastle are reportedly interested in taking both Joe Gomez and Lucas Leiva, would be sad to see Joe leave even on a loan, but if he gets plenty of prem experience it could be a good move for us long term
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:49 pm

C-R » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:59 am wrote:Newcastle are reportedly interested in taking both Joe Gomez and Lucas Leiva, would be sad to see Joe leave even on a loan, but if he gets plenty of prem experience it could be a good move for us long term

What we need to watch is that we don't deplete the squad too much and end up in the same place that we were last season. If we have got sufficient cover then by all means let them go, but we are in Europe next year and potentially have a lot of games to play.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:13 pm

C-R » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:59 am wrote:Newcastle are reportedly interested in taking both Joe Gomez and Lucas Leiva, would be sad to see Joe leave even on a loan, but if he gets plenty of prem experience it could be a good move for us long term

Wouldn't be a bad move for him.

Some former players and pundits seem convinced Van Dijk will be a Liverpool player come the end of the transfer window. I'm not hopeful but I'd love to see it.

My expectations have lowered somewhat tho. Wait and see
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:55 pm

C-R wrote:Newcastle are reportedly interested in taking both Joe Gomez and Lucas Leiva, would be sad to see Joe leave even on a loan, but if he gets plenty of prem experience it could be a good move for us long term

Gomez will be loaned out and then sold on in a year or two. He has 2 seasons now with Klopp and struggles to get a kick in the first team so the writing is on the wall. I know Joe has had a few niggly injuries here and there but Jurgen still overlooked him in favour of Lucas and even Can at CH. If Klopp thought he was good enough then he would have played him and certainly wouldn't be considering loaning him out.
Once he goes out on loan that's him finished here imo which is a shame as he looked a decent player and a good defender.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:49 pm wrote:

What we need to watch is that we don't deplete the squad too much and end up in the same place that we were last season. If we have got sufficient cover then by all means let them go, but we are in Europe next year and potentially have a lot of games to play.

We can afford to lose some fringe players but I don't think we can make wholesale changes and expect us to do anything this year. We have about 16 players in that squad who should be kept and if we can make 4 quality additions to integrate into that then we would take some beating.
We have far too many players on the books that we can get shut of without impacting that 16, Players like Markovic, Moreno, Flanagan etc who should be sold rather than constantly loaned.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:02 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:55 pm wrote:
C-R wrote:Newcastle are reportedly interested in taking both Joe Gomez and Lucas Leiva, would be sad to see Joe leave even on a loan, but if he gets plenty of prem experience it could be a good move for us long term

Gomez will be loaned out and then sold on in a year or two. He has 2 seasons now with Klopp and struggles to get a kick in the first team so the writing is on the wall. I know Joe has had a few niggly injuries here and there but Jurgen still overlooked him in favour of Lucas and even Can at CH. If Klopp thought he was good enough then he would have played him and certainly wouldn't be considering loaning him out.
Once he goes out on loan that's him finished here imo which is a shame as he looked a decent player and a good defender.

Few niggly injuries? Gomez tore his cruciate ligament the week Klopp joined the club and then messed up his achilles last summer. He was in recovery for over a year and wasn't available to play. He's only really been available for games since the beginning of 2017. And sure, Klopp chose Klavan and Lucus over him on a few occasions, but that doesn't mean he has no future here. If we can bring in a centre back a loan move to PL club were he can play regularly at CB would be a great move. He is very inexperienced. Only played a couple of dozen games for Charlton and a few games for us.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Waiting for Liverpool to sign players

Old but still works for me  :laugh:
Attachments
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG (33.97 KiB) Viewed 861 times
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill