Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:30 pm wrote:
C-R » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:08 am wrote:James Pearce (Echo)...

Salah due in England today. Medical could be tomorrow. LFC still in the hunt for Keita. No interest in Aubameyang.

Would love Keita and VVD (If that's not completely dead in the water). Then we're a left back short. Still missing a goalscorer as well

If we can resurrect the Van Dijk deal and sign Keita that would constitute a good window imo, I think we could have signed someone better than Salah (especially with £40m) but Jurgen seems keen on him so best to just let him get on with it I suppose.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:41 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:30 pm wrote:
C-R » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:08 am wrote:James Pearce (Echo)...

Salah due in England today. Medical could be tomorrow. LFC still in the hunt for Keita. No interest in Aubameyang.

Would love Keita and VVD (If that's not completely dead in the water). Then we're a left back short. Still missing a goalscorer as well

If we can resurrect the Van Dijk deal and sign Keita that would constitute a good window imo, I think we could have signed someone better than Salah (especially with £40m) but Jurgen seems keen on him so best to just let him get on with it I suppose.

For me Salah's wasn't a position we needed to address (not as a priority anyway). That money was better put into a DM and a striker. Obviously this is signing no1 so we'll have to wait who else to bring in before we can make that judgement
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:05 pm

You're assuming transfers are worked on in a sequential way. That's not the case, they are worked on in parallel and the timing of any deal is generally independent of other deals.

We have Henderson and Can competing for 1 DM role in the side.

The biggest problem we had last year was when we lost one of Lallana/Wijnaldum or Coutinho/Mane and the team lost balance. Four spots in the first eleven and truth be told we only had four proper players for those spots. We need to add at least one quality player to the number 8 position and at least one quality player to wide forward area (Salah). If we really do want to compete on all four fronts and try to get back into the Champions League again Klopp will need to embrace rotation and that will require him to actually have a squad he is happy to rotate, something he didn’t have last year.

Say for example we have a 60 game season:
38 League games
10 Champions League games (say for example we got knocked out in the 1st knockout stage)
5 League Cup games (say for example we got knocked out in the semi-finals stage)
6 FA cups games (say for example we got knocked out in the quarter-finals stage and have 2 replays)

That means:
120 starts between the two wide forwards positions: Coutinho (40), Salah (40), Mane (40) - Woodburn and Ojo covering injuries.
120 starts between the two number 8s: Lallana (40), Wijnaldum (40), Keita (40) – Grujic and Ejaria covering injuries.

It’s obviously not as simplistic as that as things are quite fluid (for example I’m sure Coutinho will get game time as a number 8 as well or we might lost someone for 6 months). But it does illustrate that we need real quality in depth rather than relying on players who are just not ready to step up or having players more or less playing on one leg.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:29 pm

I agree with what you say (good post btw) I just question wether it's wise to break the clubs transfer record on a player that may not even be an automatic starter if everyone is fit. When you spend that type of dough you expect the incoming player to be a shoe-in for the starting XI but I'm not sure Salah is.
IMO we could have got someone like Nathan Redmond for a lot less, he would have perfect for that role I reckon, tried and tested in this league too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Salah will be a good addition to the squad, so long as he can handle the knock and tumble of the league....

Can't really believe that some are questioning us bringing in a quality wide player. Is Mane suppose to play 60 odd games next season? Surely this allows us to push Coutinho into the centre of the park (an area I think he will grow into). That said, I'd LOVE us to sign  Van Dijk and Keita. Both would elevate our team to another level and see the likes of Henderson and Lovern consigned to the bench. Something that needs to happen for us to progress...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Glad this is moving on i really want Salah here the lad will do well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:04 pm

redshade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:19 pm wrote:Glad this is moving on i really want Salah here the lad will do well.

Reportedly on flight as we speak, with a medical penned for tomorrow.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:00 pm

I don't think we would spend that kind of money on someone to sit on the bench  :no If he can get up to speed with things during preseason he will be a starter on the left with Sadio on the right and Firmino through the middle unless we sign a striker.
Hopefully the deal goes through without any complications.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:21 pm

Final fee will be £34m, so we won't break our record in this deal. However, I think it's only a matter of time before we do as I think we'll bring in one or two more big money signings...
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:53 am

Linked to young Celtic left back Kieran Tierney now maybe as a back up choice
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:06 am

In the long term we need 2 leftbacks. Sounds like there is someone out there that Klopp really wants that he believes he can get but just not in this window. So we will buy a leftback this window, but he may not be our long term first choice leftback.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 pm

According to the Telegraph we have rejected an 11 million pounds bid for Moreno from Napoli and says we have put a £15 million price tag on the 24-year-old and are awaiting bigger offers with both Milan clubs said to be interested
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:16 pm

C-R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:09 am wrote:According to the Telegraph we have rejected an 11 million pounds bid for Moreno from Napoli and says we have put a £15 million price tag on the 24-year-old and are awaiting bigger offers with both Milan clubs said to be interested

Apparently Sky are saying the same thing, looks like Alberto is surplus to requirements at the club
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:10 pm

Seems Aubemayangs release clause is in region of £63m but hes 28.

To me you try to pay over 3 years but I expect he will be looking for a 5 year deal for security, last big contract, its a lot but hes a very good player.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 pm

parchpea » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:10 pm wrote:Seems Aubemayangs release clause is in region of £63m but hes 28.

To me you try to pay over 3 years but I expect he will be looking for a 5 year deal for security, last big contract, its a lot but hes a very good player.

FSG wouldn't splash out £63m on a 28 year old besides after signing Salah I'd be surprised if we went for another forward anyway mate, I think CM, CB and LB are probably our priorities now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill