Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:49 am

This whole Van Dijk nonsense just put's the club under the spotlight even more. We've obviously crossed a line somewhere for us to suddenly back off and issue an apology but it makes us look like complete amateurs. I'm not too fussed at missing out on the player (although sounds pretty clear he was one Klopp wanted and disappointing we couldn't get him in for that reason ) but what irk's me is the way we went about things. Just makes us come across as pretenders  who talk the talk but with no real substance behind us.

It's still early in the summer so plenty of time to put things right, but let's try and do things under the radar a bit more. Questioning whether Van Dijk and Salah are even targets or whether they are just a bum steer to divert everyone's attention from our real targets. I mean us prepared to pay £60m/£200k wages for Van Dijk and match/outdo the likes of Man City and Chelsea always sounded like pie in the sky stuff to be honest
Doeboy

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:16 am

My take on the Van Dijk debacle is that FSG were probably always uncomfortable with the fee/wages required to get him. They would have gone with it and backed Klopp I think, but the whole tapping up thing has given them the perfect 'out' and excuse to go for a cheaper alternative.

The person who leaked the news that Van Dijk agreed to join needs rooting out.

The whole thing is a joke and if we have a poor transfer window fans will start to turn on FSG. That only ever ends one way and FSG know that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:32 am

....and the inquest starts

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/06/0 ... dijk-saga/

I said a few weeks back I wasn't happy with this Michael Edwards chap leading up our transfers. Simply not experienced enough and off to a bad start.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Doeboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:32 am wrote:....and the inquest starts

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/06/0 ... dijk-saga/

I said a few weeks back I wasn't happy with this Michael Edwards chap leading up our transfers. Simply not experienced enough and off to a bad start.

You can see what's happened there, one of our negotiating team was probably so elated that we'd beaten 2 petro dollar clubs to the punch that they couldn't help but tell the world. To be fair to them up to that point they had done one hell of a job, it's just that all that hard work doesn't count for much if the deal doesn't get done
:(
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Think someone needs giving a P45 and boot up the ***** as they walk out of the door  :no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:51 pm

It was all Rodgers fault for not winning us the title even though FSG gave him ludicrous constraints to bring in players

It was all Suarez's fault for leaving even though FSG held all the strings and could have got much much more than a insanely low 60 million

It was all Edward's fault for the Van Dijk debacle even though FSG brought him in and elevated him to the position

When will you ALL learn the cancer is at the top, it is festering away and is slowly destroying our club  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:47 pm

eds » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:51 pm wrote:It was all Rodgers fault for not winning us the title even though FSG gave him ludicrous constraints to bring in players

It was all Suarez's fault for leaving even though FSG held all the strings and could have got much much more than a insanely low 60 million

It was all Edward's fault for the Van Dijk debacle even though FSG brought him in and elevated him to the position

When will you ALL learn the cancer is at the top, it is festering away and is slowly destroying our club  :no

Another in depth analysis from ED's   :glare:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 am wrote:Planted news by the club I reckon. Trying to show Roma that Salah isn't our world.

We do a bit too much of this sort thing IMO. We'll end up with a bad rep in the market both with selling clubs and agents and it's already cost us players in the last couple of years. If Roma do want 40mil Euros, that's about market value to be honest.

Looks like I cursed us!

But it is true. Yes we have made some good signing but we have missed out on far too many targets since FSG have been in charge. It's not FSG's job to deal with transfers but it is their job to put the right people in place to do it. And in their 7 years at the club they still haven't been able to get it right.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Paddy Power and some other bookies have us as favorites to sign VVD  :eyebrow  :grinning:  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:08 pm

It looks like we wont face a ban from the FA over the tapping up of van djik which is at least good news.
http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/li ... on-fc-news

Liverpool may be in the clear, at least when it comes to their risk of facing any kind of punishment following a strange few days that saw the club go from seeming locks to sign Virgil van Dijk to abandoning their pursuit of the Southampton centre half and fearing they could face a transfer ban.

At least according to Sky Sports, who suggest that at the meetings between the clubs and league at today’s Premier League general meeting, Southampton accepted Liverpool’s public apology and that in light of that the league are not expected to take any further steps or open a formal investigation.

That likely doesn’t get Liverpool any closer to the player they were after, of course, and it won’t do much to make Liverpool fans any happier with their club having watched them line up what would have been their biggest signing of the Premier League era only to bungle things catastrophically.

Avoiding a potential transfer ban that would have crippled the club as they prepare to return to the Champions League next season with what is currently a very thin squad is a very, very good thing. But it’s embarrassing that that and not the signing of Van Dijk is what we are now left to focus on.

The 25-year-old Southampton man is arguably the third best centre half in England and the best young player at his position in Europe not already at a top club. In short, he was the very best player Liverpool—or any other club, for that matter—could reasonably have signed this summer.

And he chose Liverpool over Manchester City and Pep Guardiola. He chose Liverpool over Antonio Conte and the defending Premier League Champions. He picked Liverpool rather than pushing for a move to one of the continental giants. And then Liverpool managed to screw it all up.

But at least now they are unlikely to top that monumental embarrassment off with a transfer ban. So that’s something at least. Or at least it’s something given the disappointing present circumstances. Which we can now only hope don’t somehow find a way to take yet another turn for the worse

I have said it before we shouldn't care how much these players cost because its not our money. Bottom line is that we need to improve the team and not just the squad. Van Djik would have improved our defence no end and has the qualities we desperately need. What matters here is that we had a chance to add a quality signing that would have improved the side and we shat all over it.
Edwards is a clown imo but not the one at fault here as that lies with the clubs policies. He has been here a few years now and has rose through the ranks to the coveted position he now holds. He knows fine well how the market operates as he has been a part of transfer committees and has been shadowing Ayre in the run up to him leaving. Back in 2012 we did the same thing with Clint Dempsey and got reported by Fulham and if most want to remember we actually went as far as to announce his signing on the official website. That was a massive balls up back then just like the Van Dijk situation now. The same people are still here because they run the club the way they are employed to.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Tottenham have made an enquiry about signing Mamadou Sakho according to The Express

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ews-Gossip
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Dont see Sakho going to spurs to sit on the bench. Think this is more of a story to try and get Palace to get a move on with signing him
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:49 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Just had a look at him on YouTube, doesn't seem to be worth £43m or anything like it from what I saw.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:32 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:47 pm wrote:
Another in depth analysis from ED's   :glare:

FSG are a laughing stock yet again and bizzarely here you defending them......strange, very strange
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill