Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:18 pm

parchpea » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:14 pm wrote:On 21st May Klopp said all our signings where 'Pretty much done' yet 3 weeks later just Solanke.

In terms of the window as a whole its not long, but its long enough to raise concerns about work that was meant to be 'done'. Clearly they where not done.

I feel what your saying, but keep reminding myself the window doesn't open until July 1st, that is what is keeping me sane
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:52 pm

parchpea » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:14 pm wrote:On 21st May Klopp said all our signings where 'Pretty much done' yet 3 weeks later just Solanke.

In terms of the window as a whole its not long, but its long enough to raise concerns about work that was meant to be 'done'. Clearly they where not done.

Rubbish. He said all the work was done in terms of knowing who he wants and speaking to the players. What he said was that he doesn't need to sit down with Edwards to discuss which players he wants. He said he just has to wait now and see what happens.

“We have already pretty much done [the work]. We have to see. Most of the work is already done, of course,” he said.

“[It’s not like] tomorrow with Michael Edwards we will sit together and speak about what we think we need!

Now we have to make decisions. Negotiations need to be done. All that stuff. But it’s all good. We are prepared, we will see what works out or not.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Chelsea haven’t any confirmed transfers, Tottenham haven’t any confirmed transfers, Man City have confirmed 2 transfers for their 1st team, we’ve confirmed 1 transfer for our squad, Arsenal have confirmed one transfer for their first team, Man Utd haven’t any confirmed transfers, and Everton haven’t any confirmed transfers. What not exactly out of sync with our rivals.

With the internationals finishing in the next couple of days I think all the above clubs will be trying to finalise 1 or 2 deals before the players go away on holiday for 3-4 weeks. Next week might be interesting.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Pig Catcher » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:02 pm wrote:Chelsea haven’t any confirmed transfers, Tottenham haven’t any confirmed transfers, Man City have confirmed 2 transfers for their 1st team, we’ve confirmed 1 transfer for our squad, Arsenal have confirmed one transfer for their first team, Man Utd haven’t any confirmed transfers, and Everton haven’t any confirmed transfers. What not exactly out of sync with our rivals.

With the internationals finishing in the next couple of days I think all the above clubs will be trying to finalise 1 or 2 deals before the players go away on holiday for 3-4 weeks. Next week might be interesting.

Agree, way to early to be moaning about lack of transfer activity. I think the negativity around the whole Van Dijk situation this week hasn't helped and frustrated people somewhat. n.

We are bit too much of an open book at times with regards to transfer. Obviously every club has tenuous links to players out there but for some reason our interest in Van Dijk and Salah have become a story being played out in the media and don't think it helps at all. One consequence being it causes frustrations amongst fans when we fail to get deals over the line. Much prefer it when things are done off the radar and come out the blue.

Maybe there is a mole at the club who needs to be outed but I've really got no confidence in this rookie Michael Edwards heading up things for us. Really not sure how an Excel number cruncher suddenly ends up heading up transfer negotiations for a club of our size. Beg's the question, do FSG really have a clue how football clubs operate or maybe they are just happy to have a yes man like Edwards in place and do as he is told
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:24 pm

Mannure on verge of signing Lindelof CB from Benfica for 30m.
I think his a solid CB who will fit in well with them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Egypt play Tunisia tonight and then Salah is off duty until pre-season...............
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:37 pm

Egyptian news sites claim the Salah deal will be finalised next week...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:36 am

Where do they get this stuff from  :glare:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... responsive
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:46 am

Its silly season. Paper in France saying Klopp has sounded out Mbappe's agent about a move. Then few hours later have a srory about PSG stealing a march for his signature. Papers just throwing mud and seeing whats sticks.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:59 am

Guardian reporting - Liverpool have AGREED terms with spanish sensation "Felipe Garcia" to join the Cafe as a chef.

Also reports that we might be getting a BARCELONA cleaner on loan.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:34 am

Wouldnt mind if he tried for Lorenze Insigne  at Napoli  :bowdown  much better link up man than Salah , scored a belter for italy last night
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:44 am

Mbappe link https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/06/j ... -teenager/

Transfer season is good banter
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:13 am

His agent is probably speaking to Jurgen out of common courtesy, we've got no chance of signing him, the lad is talking about wanting to win the CL, we've appeared in it twice in the last decade....
The link to Tadic from Southampton is more realistic.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:30 pm

I prefer to say "we've appeared in the CL 4 times in the last 12 years, winning it once and runners up once"

but I get where your coming from
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Pmsl at those Mbappe rumours  :laugh:  Never going to happen because of his price tag and he seems to have ambition  :nod . We don't have ambition that's why we constantly get linked with players like Ben Gibson  :down:
Also seen a Brazil press conference where phil was asked about Barcelona  :glare: He said it was a complicated situation because he has a long contract  :eyebrow https://www.sportskeeda.com/video/barce ... d-coutinho  Even though we might not sell him this year it doesn't sound like he would turn them down if they tried. The right answer there from Phil should have been I am a Liverpool player and I am only thinking about them and not the length of the contract I signed 6 months ago.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill