Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Pig Catcher wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:55 pm wrote:
C-R wrote:Newcastle are reportedly interested in taking both Joe Gomez and Lucas Leiva, would be sad to see Joe leave even on a loan, but if he gets plenty of prem experience it could be a good move for us long term

Gomez will be loaned out and then sold on in a year or two. He has 2 seasons now with Klopp and struggles to get a kick in the first team so the writing is on the wall. I know Joe has had a few niggly injuries here and there but Jurgen still overlooked him in favour of Lucas and even Can at CH. If Klopp thought he was good enough then he would have played him and certainly wouldn't be considering loaning him out.
Once he goes out on loan that's him finished here imo which is a shame as he looked a decent player and a good defender.

Few niggly injuries? Gomez tore his cruciate ligament the week Klopp joined the club and then messed up his achilles last summer. He was in recovery for over a year and wasn't available to play. He's only really been available for games since the beginning of 2017. And sure, Klopp chose Klavan and Lucus over him on a few occasions, but that doesn't mean he has no future here. If we can bring in a centre back a loan move to PL club were he can play regularly at CB would be a great move. He is very inexperienced. Only played a couple of dozen games for Charlton and a few games for us.

I wasn't referring to the cruiciate injury. He returned to full training last October and i can even remember him playing in a closed door friendly early November.  The main point I was making was that Klopp has had opportunities to pick him regardless of his experience. He also was a starter under Rodgers before he got canned and made his debut at LB in a 1.0 win at Stoke.
There is no guarantee he will get played if we loan him or even more games than he would have got here if he was used as a back up CH or LB for us in the league and starter in the cups. All we currently have is 3 CH's and no recognised LB and we might loan out a lad that can play both. What do we do then sign another kid to play back up instead ?
It says it all imo when a manager sends you out to learn your trade off someone else and I am struggling to remember a single player who has reversed that trend for us. Hopefully he will do enough in pre-season to make Klopp keep him around but if he doesn't then its one foot out the door.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:19 pm

Everton snap Pickford for 30m, Epl is crazy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Rafa Soares porto LB- http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... k-13188892

Looks like he will stay with porto though.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:08 pm

redshade » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:19 pm wrote:Everton snap Pickford for 30m, Epl is crazy.

He's a good keeper but £30m is ridiculous.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:16 am

Bitters also signed Klassen from Ajax and looking like they are going to follow that up with M'Baye Niang guy that was on loan at Watford last year. Maybe spending the Lukaku and Barkley money.

Things have picked up this week in terms of transfers and think from now on in could see a lot of movement.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 am

Looks like we are going to have to break the clubs transfer record to sign Salah. I hope Jurgen knows what he's doing on this one, ESPN's Italian football expert Gabriel Marcotti has questioned this move and even Salah's pal Mido has admitted he worries about Salah's ability to cope with the physicality of the prem.
I was coming around to the idea that he'd be a good signing but I'm starting have doubts again now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:12 pm

C Ronaldo having problems in Spain with tax issue and wants to leave. I think the issue will be resolved but for arguments sake i would hate it if he came back to Mannure.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Wisdom sold? A box of Walkers cheese 'n onion and 2L of Irn Bru, apparently...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:07 pm

redshade » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:12 pm wrote:C Ronaldo having problems in Spain with tax issue and wants to leave. I think the issue will be resolved but for arguments sake i would hate it if he came back to Mannure.

Maureen called Ronaldo a peasant once because he came from Madeira and apparently they did not really like each other when he was at Madrid, not sure that would happen.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Apparently Roma want around £40m for Salah, we could get Mahrez for that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Yup looks like will pay 35m and 5 mill on add ons. Quite steep if you ask me but i guess thats how things are these days.

I think Mahrez would cost more than 40m mate.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:36 pm

Daily Mail and Radio 5 reporting that we've offered £35m plus bonus payments. Fingers crossed, this one is happening.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Repprts out of Egypt Salah is fyling in for medical after fee agreed, lets see how this plays out next week now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:24 pm

According to Le Parisien, Liverpool are interested in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and are prepared to pay €70m, with the striker keen to join.

:laugh:  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:35 pm

C-R » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:24 pm wrote:According to Le Parisien, Liverpool are interested in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and are prepared to pay €70m, with the striker keen to join.

:laugh:  :laugh:

The chances of us spending £70m on a 28 year old are practically nil.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill