EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:48 pm

Think your right 23 isnt that young anymore and its his 3rd year at the club, generally fans get hung up on age and young or old its no matter you simply have to deliver a high standard or face the axe.

Can today was very poor, just drifting through a game he had the opportunity to grab by the scruff of the neck.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:26 pm

It seems like only yesterday that some were saying Henderson would never fulfil his potential as a DM, and yet its become no longer debatable that he is pivotal to our season and how the manager likes his teams to play. I think if Can is afforded the same amount of patience and time he will evolve in a similar manner , although that's not to say he will be usurping Henderson anytime soon as I don't think there's a player in the whole of Europe with the same industry and work rate as Jordan at the minute.

Emre will be an exceptional player, but he's going to be yet another slow burner I'm afraid, something only the forbearance of the fans and time will heal.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:51 am

I like Can but sometimes he is mentally to slow to make decisions which is a problem in todays game that moves at 110 mph. Hopefully he will improve.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:52 pm

He is still work in progress for me. Like I've said previously, needs to dominate more in there against the better midfielder. I remember that ridiculous game last season v Southampton we somehow managed to lose 3-2 after being 2-0 up at half time. He was good in the first half but Wanyama completely owned him when he came on at half time for them. Always feel there is more in the tank with him but he is young and if he can improve certain areas of his game, think he could be a key player for us for many years to come
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:56 pm

I like Can, he's strong, quick for a big lad, makes powerful runs and works very hard (especially in terms of getting into the box and backing up our forwards). He's got a big heart too (i.e he doesn't throw the towel in easily). He does need to work on his concentration levels though, his passing can go from great to sloppy almost at the drop of a hat and he does tend to dawdle on the ball at times as well. At 23 he's got the best 7 or 8 years of his career ahead of him though so at this stage he's only going to get better.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 pm

He's got the ingredients to be a real top class player but it's up to him and Klopp to pull it all together. Last season Klopp said he looks like a man but plays like an 18 year old and that's pretty accurate. He was really starting to mature as a player in the final few months of last season so it's such a shame he's had a stop start season so far. Less touches and a quicker release of the ball is what he has to do.
Eagle

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:56 pm

I don't think he's gonna cut it. He can be a good midfielder yes but he's not gonna be a top top player. His thinking is too slow, his reaction is too slow and except for the occasional over the top lob to running forwards, he doesnt have much playmaking talent. Same goes for Henderson. Good player but not a top talent that we need to win trophies. At the end, if we wanna win trophies, we gotta upgrade on these players.

geez sorry but I'm becoming a negative bugger on here...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Stalling on a new contract apparently one hes very lucky to have been offered in my opinion.

Perhaps thinks hes worth more than our offer then again we are kings of the lowball.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:38 pm

parchpea » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm wrote:Stalling on a new contract apparently one hes very lucky to have been offered in my opinion.

Perhaps thinks hes worth more than our offer then again we are kings of the lowball.

A link to this story would be nice

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:49 pm

parchpea » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm wrote:Stalling on a new contract apparently one hes very lucky to have been offered in my opinion.

No surprises there...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sniffy98 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Looked great at first but has regressed. Looks cumbersome. Good squad player but not the player I thought he was. Maybe he's just being played with the wrong partners but he needs to up his game if he wants an improved contract.
sniffy98

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:59 pm

I think Emre still shows a lot of naivety, but I'd be loathe to let him go as we've seen him put in some monstrous performances in the past. I agree his recent performances have been somewhat feeble, but you don't sell your best assets just because of a sudden dip in form.

Lets hope in the next few months we can see the return of die allgemeine

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:46 pm

I know someone like Can, very talented but easily distracted and once he is wound up totally loses the plot.
He should have matured by now and his recent performances have been awful in comparison to his early games.
Thommo's perm

Postby aCe' » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:00 pm

I think the reason he struggles has more to do with our system and what is expected of him rather than him becoming a worse player or 'regressing' this season compared to last. He's at his best when he picks his moments going forward or trying passes and I feel Henderson's role is the one he's best suited for. When he's played higher up alongside Wijnaldum or Lallana, he's expected to get on the ball more in tighter areas, to press more in wider positions, and to cover more both going forward and defensively. Wouldnt say he excels at any of these things. I'd say he's probably improving as a player by doing different things and trying to find the right attacking positions to take to either attack a cross or sit at the edge of the area but whether he develops enough to warrant starting for a side with any sort of CL ambitions playing this role I am not so sure.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:43 am

I defended him because I still see him as a young lad with good potential, but this refusal of contract is definitely not something he should be doing considering his current form. He hasn't developed any further this season so far, in fact, some would even claim quite the opposite.

However, this lowball game of ours is starting to get worrying. Maybe Can deserves what he's been offered, but this not being the first case of us playing lowball will start proving very costly soon, with future targets being deterred to negotiate with us. It's probably starting to make even our current players worried.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion