ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:38 am

This guy is going to be amazing. The minute his fitness is up to scratch watch out. Hopefully he is ready for a start against Arsenal.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:00 pm

I'm down in Brazil and my colleagues have been giving me some very odd looks and comments about buying Firmino. They don't rate him at all. I've had one of those OMG moments, not another headless chicken ffs.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:41 am

Reg » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:00 pm wrote:I'm down in Brazil and my colleagues have been giving me some very odd looks and comments about buying Firmino. They don't rate him at all. I've had one of those OMG moments, not another headless chicken ffs.....

In fairness Reg those Brazillians have been spoilt for choice down the years so I'd say the standard of judgement is pretty high.

He's only 23 and coming here on the back of a good season in the bundesliga so it could be that he is beginning to come into his own. 16 goals last season and 8 the one before so if he can find 12 in his first season with us it will imo have been a good year for him. He didn't really have a great copa america with brazil but looked all right V stoke when he came on and didn't seem to have the feeling or give the impression he would flop.

He might be no suarez but I doubt he is a downing  :no The fee might be a bit steep but I think all the English clubs are being held to ransom in transfers due to the extra TV money.
Early days but he looks promising.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:21 am

Apparently he has broken a bone in his back and will be out a good few weeks. The decision to loan out Markovic looks even worse now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:02 am

Firmino is an expensive, very average, and light weight player!!, totally useless, however he is in the idiot BR eyes another expensive replacment for another average light weight player in Markovic ( however the latter one has good potentials) but he got confused by the idiot tactics!!.

Firmino,  he can't take on any player in any part of the pitch, when he receives the ball wanted to pass it rightway sideways or backward, He can't track back, chicken out of any light tuckle, can't pass, can't score, he might be suited for lower league teams and he even will find hard to break into their first team!!.

This will tell what the idiot BR is!! a total Sh*t
algymoon

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:17 pm

algymoon » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:02 am wrote:Firmino is an expensive, very average, and light weight player!!, totally useless, however he is in the idiot BR eyes another expensive replacment for another average light weight player in Markovic ( however the latter one has good potentials) but he got confused by the idiot tactics!!.

Firmino,  he can't take on any player in any part of the pitch, when he receives the ball wanted to pass it rightway sideways or backward, He can't track back, chicken out of any light tuckle, can't pass, can't score, he might be suited for lower league teams and he even will find hard to break into their first team!!.

This will tell what the idiot BR is!! a total Sh*t

Finds it hard to break into a lower league first team but starts for Brazil  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Rodgers is seriously undermining firmino by doing a balotelli (insert lambert, sahin, markovic here) with him (ie...playing him in an uncomfortable role). Firmino was an outstanding number 10 in the german league. He will be an absolute fit for the number 10 role in the 4-4-2 diamond formation.

But the idiot we have managing this club insists on playing the dumb a$$ 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 formation which does not suit players like firmino, clyne, sturridge, big ben...etc.

For firmino's sake....once he returns from his injury....hopefully we have a new manager in charge.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Way too early to make a judgement about Firmino but I just question whether he was the type of player we needed to spend a large amount on. Think the money would have been better spent on a quick player who can play either side of the striker and penetrate defences and get his fair share of goals.  Firmino has a fantastic goal record but for me he seems to be a bit too similar to what we already have
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:01 pm

Doeboy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:30 pm wrote:Way too early to make a judgement about Firmino but I just question whether he was the type of player we needed to spend a large amount on. Think the money would have been better spent on a quick player who can play either side of the striker and penetrate defences and get his fair share of goals.  Firmino has a fantastic goal record but for me he seems to be a bit too similar to what we already have

Said this the moment we were linked with him, Frimino always seemed like an unneeded signing. We already had Coutinho, Lallana, Ibe and Markovic, what we needed was a strong CM, with both defensive and passing capabilities. Not necessarily someone who could split defences with his passing but someone who could at least keep us ticking and pick the ball up from defence.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:30 pm

damjan193 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:01 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:30 pm wrote:Way too early to make a judgement about Firmino but I just question whether he was the type of player we needed to spend a large amount on. Think the money would have been better spent on a quick player who can play either side of the striker and penetrate defences and get his fair share of goals.  Firmino has a fantastic goal record but for me he seems to be a bit too similar to what we already have

Said this the moment we were linked with him, Frimino always seemed like an unneeded signing. We already had Coutinho, Lallana, Ibe and Markovic, what we needed was a strong CM, with both defensive and passing capabilities. Not necessarily someone who could split defences with his passing but someone who could at least keep us ticking and pick the ball up from defence.

Maybe he was signed as Coutinho's replacement? Maybe the club has known that Barcelona have been interested in Coutinho for a while?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:44 pm

I hope he wasn't bought with that in mind.
What is the story with his injury though. Did he really break a bone in his back because Rodgers only said he might have ?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:Maybe he was signed as Coutinho's replacement? Maybe the club has known that Barcelona have been interested in Coutinho for a while?

That could be the case Yakka, don't doubt FSG would sell Coutinho for a massive profit,

I'm also reading 

Other reports claim that Liverpool had Croatia midfielder Marko Rog watched again last week,

Rog was apparently on Liverpool’s radar last season when at Hajduk Split, but the club decided to wait until he developed more and so did not challenge Dinamo Zagreb for his signature.

Club scout Barry Hunter is said to have watched Rog in action for Dinamo against Split last week ane there could be action in January if Dinamo fail to progress beyond the Champions League group stage.

Another "cheap" buy that could generate a big return if he progresses.

More and more I'm beginning to believe that FSG are bent on imposing their "moneyball" theory on LFC.

A new LFC logo would probably read Profit Before Success    :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:30 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:01 pm wrote:

Maybe he was signed as Coutinho's replacement? Maybe the club has known that Barcelona have been interested in Coutinho for a while?

Freaking hope not!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:31 pm

Agree that Firmino has been bought to replace Couthino.

Clubs giving him a year to bed in then he will hopefully be ready to replace Couthino who looks Barcelona bound short of a stinking season or bad injury.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:53 am

How long will he be out?
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion