ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:47 pm

£21m is a lot of money to spend on a 29 year old who may end up spending a lot of time on the bench though. That type of money should go into the starting XI imo.
I know he's had a bad 12 months but I'm looking forward to seeing what Origi can do in a red shirt, he looked good in the WC and kept some more than decent players out of the Belgium team. The likes of Kompany and Hazard have all waxed lyrical about him too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Why would he be spending time on the bench ? He is like Costa - a bit of a physical brute with good techincal ability and can score goals.

If Bacca was to arrive he would start next season as our starting striker. Sturridge would have competition to be the number one striker and rightly so
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Sturridge is a better player imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:04 pm wrote:Sturridge is a better player imo.

How much of Bacca have you seen ?

And there is no point being better if you are spending more time keeping the doctor company than his team mates. We cannot afford to rely on him.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:05 pm

According to Dominic King (Mail) Roberto Firmino will wear Liverpools No 11 shirt next season. James Milner will be the new owner of the No7 shirt
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:18 pm

I was hoping Firmino would wear the famous 7 shirt. Milners now got added pressure.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Buck Rodgers » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:04 pm wrote:Sturridge is a better player imo.

And there is no point being better if you are spending more time keeping the doctor company than his team mates. We cannot afford to rely on him.

How much have you seen of him?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:40 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:14 pm wrote:

How much have you seen of him?

Watched him play for Sevilla during their Europa and league campaign when they were on telly throughout the season.

Was instrumental in them winning back to back Europa with his goals. 14 goals in 30 games
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:47 pm wrote:£21m is a lot of money to spend on a 29 year old who may end up spending a lot of time on the bench though. That type of money should go into the starting XI imo.
I know he's had a bad 12 months but I'm looking forward to seeing what Origi can do in a red shirt, he looked good in the WC and kept some more than decent players out of the Belgium team. The likes of Kompany and Hazard have all waxed lyrical about him too.

Who are you talking about?  Cos firmino is only 23.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:32 pm

He means carlos bacca Leon
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:47 pm

Quitely optimistic about this signing. It is a statement of intent to splash the cash on our part and surprises me. I know this might sound greedy BUT I still want a 20-25 goal striker and from what I've read, that Bacca could fit the bill.
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby eds » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:53 pm

aCe' » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:11 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:00 pm wrote:I think we can expect Balo and Borini to def leave with a striker arriving - I think another CM will arrive but who I don't know and possibly Allen or Lucad rumoured to be going

So we could see a CM group off

Henderson/Can/Milner/Ilarra?/Lucas ? Allen ? Kovacic/Lallana

Forward / Attacking group 

Coutinho/Firmino/Ibe/Markovic/Ings/Sturridge/Origi/Bacca ? Rondon ?

Could possibly be a lot of very good options

If we can sign Illaramendi and Kovacic and add them to Henderson, Coutinho, Firminho and Sturridge we'd have one hell of a side (starting 11 and subs bench). Even without the extra striker who I dont think would get in the side ahead of Sturridge when he is back (at least none of the names we've been linked with would).

Illaramendi
                       Henderson              Kovacic
                                        Coutinho

Firminho            Sturridge

We'd certainly have one of the most if not the most expensive bench on the league with the likes of Balotelli, Lallana, Markovic, Milner, etc. all being big money signings/big wage earners.

I think its time we start selling some players.

Agree we really need to try getting rid of the deadwood at our club for us to move for the likes of Illaramendi, Kovacic, Bacca, etc.

Players like Lucas, Allen, Borini, Lambert and Balotelli need to be sold while we can still get some money from their potential transfers (20-25m total).

This isn't even taking Sterling into account that should raise us another 45-50m.

I have been watching every game so far of the Copa America and the one player I have been really impressed with is Jose Gimenez from Uruguay. This kid is going to be an absoulate superstar as a CB. We probably have no chance of getting him off Atletico but wouldn't mind putting in a cheeky bid for him if Skrtel ends up leaving.

Really happy that we were able to get Firmino over the line, as I said if Sturridge can find his fitness again and stay injury free playing Firmino behind him will terrorise defenses across England!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:19 am

Happy with this signing, well done! we got a player for once that does not make me question the entire scouting department.

Another 4 or 5 players at this level then we will begin to fill the void left by Gerrrard-Suarez-Carra
killerp

Postby Soupyzrx » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:56 am

Hey, hey lads. This is a good signing, I'm well pleased. We were all crying out for a statement of intent from the management, and maybe this is the start of it. Certainly a big step in the right direction.
If Firmino and Countinho can forge a good understanding on the pitch, it could inspire the whole team, in the same way that Luis did a couple of years ago. A bit more strength at the back to reduce the 'Goals Against' tally and keep your fingers crossed for another couple of ticks on our wishlist and we could be seeing an improvement.
Just one 'downside'.......... Firmino is Brazilian....... I just hope that our commentators don't start doing that "Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooal" thing. Fucking does my head in, that! Although I guess I'll put up with it, since it'll mean he's bangin' them in
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ollie1126 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:59 am

mramo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:21 pm wrote:Very excited about him joining us.

No doubt he is a direct replacement for Sterling.

I doubt he could replaced Sterling, it's just so happen that lasts season Sterling faces injuries. Though I'm rooting Firmino to have a duo/tandem at Liverpool, I mean player whom he can play alongside
SportsenStuff | Sports is my Life!
ollie1126
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion