ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:48 am

I'm still hopeful that a Firmino - Balotelli partnership could be explosive.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:15 am

Reg » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:48 am wrote:I'm still hopeful that a Firmino - Balotelli partnership could be explosive.

I expect him to end up in Turkey Reg
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:34 am

Reg » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:48 am wrote:I'm still hopeful that a Firmino - Balotelli partnership could be explosive.

Mario is a good player but he hasn't got a strikers instinct, instead of just concentrating on getting himself into goal scoring positions he gets too involved in the build up play which as it unfolds often leaves him miles out of position, imo that's the reason he takes so many speculative shots from long range, if he was getting into the danger area and getting on the end of crosses etc he wouldn't be trying those ridiculous efforts from long range.
I think he has got it in his locker, the goal against Spurs is a perfect example of what he should be doing, plus whats more he is a big strong lad with plenty of skill and pace and he'd be a right handful for any defence if he decided to set up camp 7 or 8 yards from goal.
Because he is so skillful and because he holds the ball up so well it is probably tempting for him to get involved in the build up but he really needs to be single minded and just ignore the ball and get himself in the centre of the goal, if he does that he could do some real damage.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Exciting signing. Let's not get too carried away yet though. He hasn't kicked a single ball in the Premier League yet.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:04 pm

With Coutinho and Firmino in midfield we won't be short of creativity, but already I reckon Allardyce and co are planning their tactical plans for playing against Liverpool and i'm sure it will be simply to kick, kick and kick again the Brazilians.  For them to work their magic they're going to need alot of protection.  We need a hard man in that midfield to put the boot in and do the dirty work for Coutinho and Firmino.  I'm unsure if Henderson or Milner will fit the role.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:34 am wrote:
Reg » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:48 am wrote:I'm still hopeful that a Firmino - Balotelli partnership could be explosive.

Mario is a good player but he hasn't got a strikers instinct, instead of just concentrating on getting himself into goal scoring positions he gets too involved in the build up play which as it unfolds often leaves him miles out of position, imo that's the reason he takes so many speculative shots from long range, if he was getting into the danger area and getting on the end of crosses etc he wouldn't be trying those ridiculous efforts from long range.
I think he has got it in his locker, the goal against Spurs is a perfect example of what he should be doing, plus whats more he is a big strong lad with plenty of skill and pace and he'd be a right handful for any defence if he decided to set up camp 7 or 8 yards from goal.
Because he is so skillful and because he holds the ball up so well it is probably tempting for him to get involved in the build up but he really needs to be single minded and just ignore the ball and get himself in the centre of the goal, if he does that he could do some real damage.

Sorry Yakka , Mario is NOT a good player.  He's a highly talented INDIVIDUAL who has got enough ability in him to be up there with the very best, and yet it seems he can't be arsed to fully utilize his talent.

I actually get quite ***** off when I see someone with his ability just allowing it to pass him by.

The sooner we get rid of this underachieving prankster the better.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:20 pm

He sounds good anyway  :D
Never seen the lad play at all but for that kind of money I would be hopeful he will at least be a starter.
Welcome to the club lad  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:33 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:57 pm

:nod
Brazil play saturday night so will be able to get a goo at him then. It will be interesting to see how he links up with coutinho as well. It's at 10.30 for anyone interested.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:39 am

Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino will be granted a work permit, the FA has told the ECHO.

It now leaves the normal club medical as the only barrier between the Brazilian midfielder and his arrival at Anfield.

The 23-year-old will become the club’s second most expensive signing ever in a deal from Hoffenheim which could be worth up to £28m.

The ECHO reported yesterday that new FA regulations brought in from May 1 mean that Firmino is required to have played in 30% of Brazil’s competitive internationals over the last 24 months to be granted an automatic permit.

Since he did not feature in the Brazilian Confederations Cup side of June 2013 or the World Cup side of June 2014, meeting that criteria seemed in doubt with just his three Copa America appearances this month to fall back on so far.

However an FA spokesman explained: “Liverpool will not apply for the work permit until after the transfer window officially opens on July 1. Confederation Cup wouldn’t count in the previous 24 months if the application is for after July 1 as that tournament finished on 30 June 2013.

“He’s going to get in, there’s no concern here. Quality players will get in, the regulations are there to tackle average players. It is an independent panel according to the Home Office rules albeit run through the FA but there are not expected to be any problems.”

With Confederations Cup out of the equation, Firmino has played three out of Brazil’s last 10 internationals, hitting the 30% target, and that figure is likely to increase if Brazil continue to progress in the current Copa America.

Firmino and Liverpool team-mate Philippe Coutinho are likely to be involved in Brazil’s quarter final tie with Paraguay at 10.30pm UK time on Saturday night.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Caught the 2nd half of the Brazil game last night and didn't think firmino stood out at all. Thought he struggled to get on the end of any of brazils move's or pose a real threat in front of goal. He didn't do anything bad either but was hoping he'd be involved a bit more than he was.
Think it was alan mc loughlin who was commentating and said he showed very little during the tournament.

Coutinho played well though  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Saw the game to and Firmino was ineffective but saying that Brazil as a whole weren't great.
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:15 pm

A bit on Firmino from a Bundesliga reporter.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ds-9537328

Seems to be a tough enough lad so with any luck he will get into the swing of things pretty quickly.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:44 am

This could be a great signing. I have a few doubts, but overall it's a positive move, but I don't doubt that if any CL team wanted him he'd be there by now. Plenty of potential though.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:01 am

From today's Liverpool Echo...

Firmino passes Liverpool FC medical

Roberto Firmino's £29million move from Hoffenheim to Liverpool is complete after the Brazil international passed his medical.

Reds doctor Andy Massey flew out to South America to conduct the necessary tests in Sao Paulo on Friday and Saturday.

The 23-year-old attacking midfielder, who had already penned a five-year contract subject to the medical, was given a clean bill of health.

Firmino is currently on holiday in his homeland after his exploits with Brazil at the Copa America. They reached the quarter-finals before being knocked out on penalties by Paraguay.

In Action: pictures of new LFC signing Roberto Firmino

Both Firmino and fellow countryman Philippe Coutinho were given three weeks off after the tournament and they aren’t scheduled to link up with the Liverpool squad for another fortnight.

That means they won’t be on the plane to Bangkok when Brendan Rodgers’ men embark on their pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia this Sunday.

A decision has yet to be taken whether they will fly Down Under for the latter part of the tour which involves games against Thai All Stars (July 14), Brisbane Roar (July 17), Adelaide (July 20) and Malaysia XI (July 24).

If Firmino does miss the entire tour, his eagerly-awaited debut is likely to be against HJK Helsinki in Finland on Saturday, August 1.

Source : http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... al-9594574
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion