CHRISTIAN BENTEKE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:20 pm

The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:17 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:06 pm wrote:
The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:00 pm wrote:Looked a lot like balotelli today. And that's the problem. We buy a striker and don't play to his strengths.

For 3 f**king seasons we don't put in crosses into the box. Now we buy Benteke and suddenly we ask our players to cross the ball.  And can you blame them when they cross the ball like a bunch of schoolboys ?

And when Benteke wins the ball in the air...who is there at the end of it ? no-one. Very similar whenever balotelli dropped deep to lay-off the ball to no-one (as none of our players are running through at goal).

Fella, you're losing the plot if you're comparing Beteke with Mario. The latter never moved enough or got into goal scoring positions. That's why he was dropped. He was lazy.

Benteke tracks back, gets into the box and works for the team. Ok, he's not getting crosses, but he's no Andy Carroll and can score with his feet as well as his head.

I am just iterating the point that we have to setup the team to play to our striker's strength.  Benteke looked as powerless as Balo today. He looked as everybit as heavy footed as Balo did last season.

totally irrelevant comparison... far from similar situations...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:12 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:totally irrelevant comparison... far from similar situations...

Why are they irrelevant ? Balo looked toothless when he was played as a lone striker. Benteke doesn't look all that much better playing as one.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:13 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:totally irrelevant comparison... far from similar situations...

Why are they irrelevant ? Balo looked toothless when he was played as a lone striker. Benteke doesn't look all that much better playing as one.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:47 pm

It puzzles me when I see us taking short corners and free kicks when we should be aiming them at this lads mush. He did alright today but just lacking that touch to finish or create the space to.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:11 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:47 pm wrote:It puzzles me when I see us taking short corners and free kicks when we should be aiming them at this lads mush. He did alright today but just lacking that touch to finish or create the space to.

I noticed that in our other games, considering we actually look a tall team now with the likes of Benteke, Lovren, Skrtel, Gomez and Can you'd think we'd put more set pieces into the area. A lot of our corners end up with Milner and Coutinho trying out what look like rehearsed moves.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 am

maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:20 pm wrote:totally irrelevant comparison... far from similar situations...

Please elucidate,how exactly are they not comparable ? As both were left isolated by playing as a lone striker ,and respectively both had little or no service from the wings ,both strikers have a proclivity to be more effective when the ball is played into their feet ,both strikers need players behind them who will exploit those pockets of space, and finally, but the most important they both played under a manager who hasn't the slightest igloo how to utilise their abilities. 

The only conceivable difference is one has the backing of the manager the other clearly didn't.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:54 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:32 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:20 pm wrote:totally irrelevant comparison... far from similar situations...

Please elucidate,how exactly are they not comparable ? As both were left isolated by playing as a lone striker ,and respectively both had little or no service from the wings ,both strikers have a proclivity to be more effective when the ball is played into their feet ,both strikers need players behind them who will exploit those pockets of space, and finally, but the most important they both played under a manager who hasn't the slightest igloo how to utilise their abilities. 

The only conceivable difference is one has the backing of the manager the other clearly didn't.

Because one has an IQ of a 10 year old, can't take instructions, selfish, has zero footballing IQ and the other one so far has been hardworking, contributes to the build up play, alraedy scored in his home debut, clearly has football intelligence. Balotelli's failure cannot be attributed to the manager just because it fits your agenda.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:16 am

maguskwt » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:54 am wrote:

Because one has an IQ of a 10 year old, can't take instructions, selfish, has zero footballing IQ and the other one so far has been hardworking, contributes to the build up play, alraedy scored in his home debut, clearly has football intelligence. Balotelli's failure cannot be attributed to the manager just because it fits your agenda.

Spot on! Comparing the both is absurd.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:44 am

maguskwt » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:54 am wrote:

I think you've clearly chosen the media agenda and our hapless managers that was driven with such zeal .I think in his first games for Liverpool he was hardworking and certainly contributed to the build up play ,as for not being able to follow instructions ,I'm pretty sure when the manager called him to the sidelines for instructions against Ludogrets he then went and  scored our only goal  ???  I'm also pretty sure he received the backing of the Kop because of  some hardworking performances ,notably against the Bitterz and away at Spudz, and against the rent boys .Which kind of pisses profusely over your assumptions   :D

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:45 am

Just to add to the above post ,Baloteli linked up brilliantly with Sturridge ,and also Gerrard when he was played further forward ,two players that arguably are on a similar wavelength ,and also the most innovative around the box . I think your faith in the manager to ensure our build up play will make Benteke prolific is sadly misplaced. Benteke is a monster of a player ,but yesterday it was evident how easy teams can negate /nullify his threat when he plays in a system in keeping with the managers ridiculous machinations.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:34 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:44 am wrote:
I think you've clearly chosen the media agenda and our hapless managers that was driven with such zeal .I think in his first games for Liverpool he was hardworking and certainly contributed to the build up play ,as for not being able to follow instructions ,I'm pretty sure when the manager called him to the sidelines for instructions against Ludogrets he then went and  scored our only goal  ???  I'm also pretty sure he received the backing of the Kop because of  some hardworking performances ,notably against the Bitterz and away at Spudz, and against the rent boys .Which kind of pisses profusely over your assumptions   :D

Wow... such a wonderful player who works hard, world class talent, who follows instructions and scores plenty of goals. Must be a keeper for ANY manager then... oh wait what?... Mourinho, Mancini, Allegri and Rodgers all have problems with him??? can't be true! Wait what?? Mancini was also one of the managers who coached him as a youngster and STILL had problems with him??? CAN'T BE TRUE!!!

Highlighting the exceptions of his performance and not the norm as examples doesn't make him a good player. So now who's assumptions are profusely *****?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:44 pm

maguskwt » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:34 am wrote:

Wow... such a wonderful player who works hard, world class talent, who follows instructions and scores plenty of goals. Must be a keeper for ANY manager then... oh wait what?... Mourinho, Mancini, Allegri and Rodgers all have problems with him??? can't be true! Wait what?? Mancini was also one of the managers who coached him as a youngster and STILL had problems with him??? CAN'T BE TRUE!!!

Highlighting the exceptions of his performance and not the norm as examples doesn't make him a good player. So now who's assumptions are profusely *****?

I think he has Mario mistaken with the lad which has this funny dance after scoring ,the lad which gets injured every 5 seconds.....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:46 pm

I think him and Sturridge will make a potent pair. Actually looking forward to watching them play as I have been impressed with Benteke. I think he was a good buy.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:24 pm

All the managers you mentioned may have had disciplinary problems with him ,but your argument wasn't  about that ,supposedly it was about his inability to interpret instructions ,or how he lacks any football brain ,and the only manager that he never scored goals for is the current blurt we have in charge ....So spin that you fucking root . :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:24 pm wrote:

All the managers you mentioned may have had disciplinary problems with him ,but your argument wasn't  about that ,supposedly it was about his inability to interpret instructions ,or how he lacks any football brain ,and the only manager that he never scored goals for is the current blurt we have in charge ....So spin that you fucking root . :D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion