Real Madrid vs LIVERPOOL - Tues 4 Nov 2014 - KO19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Well done BR for being brave, well done Liverpool for a strong performance, well done to those fans who traveled and to all those on here who had us wrote off for a 4 or 5 drubbing...  hang your manc heads in shame you tossbags.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Doeboy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:23 pm wrote:Can't see anything but a loss. We will rise to the occasion and think we will put in a decent performance IMO but won't be enough to avoid a defeat

Was pretty much the case as predicted
Doeboy

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:38 pm

only me » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:28 pm wrote:Really like the energy but nothing more to show for ,we aren't creating anything anywhere .

The line up wasn't designed to be. We set up for a draw and came f*cking close to getting it.

The team rightly got clapped off by the away fans. Prior to playing us Madrid had been averaging 4 goals a game at home.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:40 pm

If BR really wanted to nick a goal I would have brought Mario on for Allen rather than Gerrard
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Stu's gonna go nuts if we take positives from this.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Doeboy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:43 pm

Think I would have liked to see Sterling start this one and give us an outlet and something for Real's defence to worry about. Not knocking our attacking players, but overall their defence had a pretty comfortable night. Looks like we went there for a draw and came close to getting it although I would have liked to see a bit more in terms of attack. Anyway, overall we put in a decent performance and move onto the next game
Doeboy

Postby RedAnt » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:46 pm

A defeat is never good, but since we didn't expect to win, 1-0 is ok. Mignolet for me was our best player. I like Moreno. He looks right for us. Skrtel is a liability these days. Would like to see Toure and Lovern vs Chelsk.
I thought we looked much more mobile without Hendo. Some might say Gerrard and maybe they're right.
I think tonight's shake up might actually be a benifit.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:48 pm

I agree.

Looking at the Chelsea game the likes of Toure and Can should rightfully be expecting to start

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Everyone worked there asses off and it was a brave performance. I was worried with the line up but defensively we looked better than we have in awhile. I think Toure was brilliant and made some great blocks and intercepted some good madrid moves.. also Lucas worked hard and gave good protection to the back 4.

Only worry is upfront for me.. Borini worked his ***** off but never looked like scoring. We need Sturridge back ASAP.
Last edited by UvS xR4GEx on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:50 pm

They had 30 shots and didn't look like getting out of 3rd gear.

Done well to keep it at 1-0. Positives, Can and Lucas were good and Lallana was played more central.
Kopite-Jud

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:51 pm

Boocity » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:40 pm wrote:If BR really wanted to nick a goal I would have brought Mario on for Allen rather than Gerrard

shocked at that was happy till he brought coutinho on think about it  gerrard comes on starts pumping high balls over there defence why bring coutinho on when ugot tall balotelli we had no height up there stupid decision last ten minutes.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:54 pm

Proud of the lads there tonight, most of that starting XI have been written off as no hopers by our our own fans (never mind opposition fans) but they went to probably the toughest place in world football tonight and put on a real gutsy display.
I thought Mingolet, Toure, Lucas and Markovic in particular stood out but to be fair they all played well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:57 pm

Kopite-Jud » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:50 pm wrote:They had 30 shots and didn't look like getting out of 3rd gear.

Done well to keep it at 1-0. Positives, Can and Lucas were good and Lallana was played more central.

Yes, always felt Madrid could step up a couple of gears and really have a go but they never did. Still our work rate was good and thought we defended well but just lacked anything going forward. Think that may be how Rodgers set us out to play though in which case think we should have started Sterling to use his pace as an outlet. Borini tried but truth be told Varane and Ramos could have pulled their deck chairs out as it was that easy for them. Apart from the odd opening here and there for us, it was a pretty easy nights work for Madrid. Not too much we could have done for the goal, really was a peach of a ball from Marcelo
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Doeboy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:57 pm wrote:
Kopite-Jud » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:50 pm wrote:They had 30 shots and didn't look like getting out of 3rd gear.

Yes, always felt Madrid could step up a couple of gears and really have a go but they never did. Still our work rate was good and thought we defended well but just lacked anything going forward. Think that may be how Rodgers set us out to play though in which case think we should have started Sterling to use his pace as an outlet. Borini tried but truth be told Varane and Ramos could have pulled their deck chairs out as it was that easy for them. Apart from the odd opening here and there for us, it was a pretty easy nights work for Madrid. Not too much we could have done for the goal, really was a peach of a ball from Marcelo

I think you are forgetting just how good Real currently are, they have just taken Barcelona apart and tonight was the first time since September that they have failed to score at least 2 goals in a game. They are currently the reigning champions and the best club side in the world and on top of that they have the worlds best player in their ranks.
We put out a scratch side against them and you are moaning that we didn't attack enough? Christ!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:29 pm

Let's not get ahead of ourselves lads, we played OK but we lost the match without even threatening their keeper. Obviously there could be some positives taken from this game but we're still a long way from being even near to last season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games