Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Focus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:35 am

I am not impressed by Balotelli but do bear in mind that the 2 own goals by qpr were tapped in because of his threatening presence near their goal mouth possibly causing some panic, so we have to give some credit to him for that. I am reserving my judgement on him until after I have seen him played with a match fit Danny Sturridge for at least 4 games. Because playing as a lone striker is not really his strength. In the meantime, Brendan should give more game time to Lambert.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby shakey » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:58 am

Swapping shirts @ halftime!! WTF  :veryangry he isn't fit too wear one let alone swap it!
The blokes a muppet,we played much faster tempo without him!
Hope he is benched for next game.
shakey

Postby C-R » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:24 am

shakey » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:58 am wrote:Swapping shirts @ halftime!! WTF  :veryangry he isn't fit too wear one let alone swap it!

Well at least Pepe wont have to wash the shirt as Balo didn't even break a sweat  :angry:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:40 am

cardiff-red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:24 am wrote:
shakey » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:58 am wrote:Swapping shirts @ halftime!! WTF  :veryangry he isn't fit too wear one let alone swap it!

Well at least Pepe wont have to wash the shirt as Balo didn't even break a sweat  :angry:

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:15 am

Dundreamin is back » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:08 am wrote: Balotelli doesn't give a fook as one of the posts said when we scored the first goal he wasn't arsed and that goes for the 2nd and 3rd goals as well

watch our 3rd goal again... it's quite clear that if the defender hadn't toe'd it into his own net the ball would've run through to Balotelli, however, as the ball rolled over the line Balotelli turns away to his right  clenches his fist in celebration of the goal.

just saying
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:32 am

leeroy74 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:15 am wrote:
Dundreamin is back » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:08 am wrote: Balotelli doesn't give a fook as one of the posts said when we scored the first goal he wasn't arsed and that goes for the 2nd and 3rd goals as well

watch our 3rd goal again... it's quite clear that if the defender hadn't toe'd it into his own net the ball would've run through to Balotelli, however, as the ball rolled over the line Balotelli turns away to his right  clenches his fist in celebration of the goal.

just saying

Yeah, he did celebrate, but I doubt his ego would allow for any greater public display of joy...
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:26 pm

This shirt swapping thing is being blown out of all proportion, it's not as if Mario initiated the swap, Pepe tapped him on the shoulder and indicated that he wanted to swap shirts, I suppose Mario could have told him to f**k off but the papers would probably then say he's anti social or something.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:17 pm

I am sort of with you yak but I don't think half time is appropriate, I know my own feelings at half time in matches and it was very much about what to do in the second half, I actually have a shirt in mine of Carlton Palmers but at half time I wasn't thinking about asking for it.… I think doing it at half time gives the impression that you don't really care and some fans would also take it that way.

End of the match, understandable completely
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:19 pm

By the way Carlton played for England, rude not to  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Maybe Pepe was taking the p*ss and saying 'game over' and Mario said "here, have it, d*ckhead". Probably not though. Others have traded at half time recently. I don't like it though.
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:25 pm

What the fu@k am i admitting too that for? :D :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:38 pm

As I said if it was Mario who approached Pepe and asked him to swap shirts then I could understand the criticism but it was Pepe who approached Mario. The media are just trying their best to engineer a 'Mario story' where one doesn't exist and unfortunately some of our fans are falling for it hook line and sinker. Even the Echo are saying that he should apologise to the fans, for what? For not being a arrogant c**t and telling Pepe to f**k off?
I see why he wore that 'why always me' t-shirt now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:26 pm wrote:This shirt swapping thing is being blown out of all proportion, it's not as if Mario initiated the swap, Pepe tapped him on the shoulder and indicated that he wanted to swap shirts, I suppose Mario could have told him to f**k off but the papers would probably then say he's anti social or something.

There was little reaction from the Kop last night over this supposed furore over the shirt swapping ,but I get the distinct impression from last night if Rodgers blows this
out of all proportion he may find the fans who pay to watch this dross not too accommodating ....In truth whilst he's a good manager he's possibly developing a reputation
for acting out of sheer cowardice for insisting on playing Gerrard week in and week out ! I think its decisions like including the likes of him and Johnson mate ,that are
grating on the fans more than anything else ,plus the added distraction of ritually lambasting Balotelli will certainly not aid his cause.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:57 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:41 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:26 pm wrote:This shirt swapping thing is being blown out of all proportion, it's not as if Mario initiated the swap, Pepe tapped him on the shoulder and indicated that he wanted to swap shirts, I suppose Mario could have told him to f**k off but the papers would probably then say he's anti social or something.

There was little reaction from the Kop last night over this supposed furore over the shirt swapping ,but I get the distinct impression from last night if Rodgers blows this
out of all proportion he may find the fans who pay to watch this dross not too accommodating ....In truth whilst he's a good manager he's possibly developing a reputation
for acting out of sheer cowardice for insisting on playing Gerrard week in and week out ! I think its decisions like including the likes of him and Johnson mate ,that are
grating on the fans more than anything else ,plus the added distraction of ritually lambasting Balotelli will certainly not aid his cause.

Well said. Mario has his flaws. Egotistical, grumpy etc. nothing wrong with that as such. BR's man-management seems almost antagonistic. Throw in the press, and every f*cker and his dogs opinion and it will add up to a very disgruntled Mario. He's doing an unfamiliar job in an unfamiliar team, in an unfamiliar city. So far he seems to have kept quiet. Sulky perhaps, but he seems to be taking it on the chin much better than I thought he would. I wonder what the odds are on him decking his manager again. I hope he doesn't.
It's BR's Steve Irwin tactics. "Now this beast is mean. If we poke him with a stick, he's gonna bite. So let's poke him with a stick!"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:59 pm

He's making his bed RBG, personally for me he made it during the summer window. Some of his antics this season have been that of a man who knows he's blown as big a budget as we are likely to have for a long time.

The criticism of Mario so early was shocking, especially as the lad wasn't used in his best position off a forward, personally I don't think he is a good manager. I think he's a yes man and a very average manager who tries to portray himself as a manager who likes attractive football but doesn't have the eye for a player to make it happen
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion