Action for Thread Derailing?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:38 pm wrote:Yeah, and you can't even enjoy the f.ucking win you troll.  :laugh:

:laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 am wrote:Bigmick won't ever come back to post here , enjoys posting where he currently is. Dundalk is well and posts on Twitter among with guys like Metalhead.

You mean the forum you got banned from within about a week of joining because of your trolling? He probably enjoys it because you're not there. You talk about some of these posters like there your mates but I know for a fact half of them couldn't wait to get away from you.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Eagle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:41 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 am wrote:Bigmick won't ever come back to post here , enjoys posting where he currently is. Dundalk is well and posts on Twitter among with guys like Metalhead.

You mean the forum you got banned from within about a week of joining because of your trolling? He probably enjoys it because you're not there. You talk about some of these posters like there your mates but I know for a fact half of them couldn't wait to get away from you.

Not only that though,when he first joined this forum as Gybs ,a poster from another site he had tainted, loathed him that much he followed him to this
site and proceeded to stalk him for a couple of months ....We should have heeded the warnings then, before he swallowed this place up.

Hindsight eh ?  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:19 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:14 pm wrote:

Not only that though,when he first joined this forum as Gybs ,a poster from another site he had tainted, loathed him that much he followed him to this
site and proceeded to stalk him for a couple of months ....We should have heeded the warnings then, before he swallowed this place up.

Wow that's a post full of fact isn't it.

Which site was it I tainted ? And do you mean a poster who was banned from every forum he was part of including this one.

Maybe find out the truth before blurting out stuff - same with Eagle and his comments about Metalhead and Bigmick etc

Edit: forgot you ignore me so you're man enough to talk about me but not too me.
Benny The Noon

Postby Eagle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:50 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:14 pm wrote:

The guy is clearly a forum cancer  :D

Anyway I won’t be visiting NewKit too often from now as I’ve been posting on another forum for the past 2 weeks and have been really enjoying some balanced and well thought out discussion with posters who are both pro and anti Rodgers and pro and anti FSG.

I think NewKit has run its course and there is very little of interest to read on the boards nowadays. I have Benny The Loon on my Foes list but it just doesn’t make much difference as his incessant drivel and trolling is quoted left right and centre, breaks up any attempts at “discussion”, and lures good posters in to flame wars.

Been fun posting here and I’ve really enjoyed reading some excellent debate over the years and thank you to the mods who have a very difficult job.

Hopefully we’ll have a successful season and all the best to everyone!
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:05 am

Eagle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:50 pm wrote:The guy is clearly a forum cancer  :D

Anyway I won’t be visiting NewKit too often from now as I’ve been posting on another forum for the past 2 weeks and have been really enjoying some balanced and well thought out discussion with posters who are both pro and anti Rodgers and pro and anti FSG.

I think NewKit has run its course and there is very little of interest to read on the boards nowadays. I have Benny The Loon on my Foes list but it just doesn’t make much difference as his incessant drivel and trolling is quoted left right and centre, breaks up any attempts at “discussion”, and lures good posters in to flame wars.

Been fun posting here and I’ve really enjoyed reading some excellent debate over the years and thank you to the mods who have a very difficult job.

Hopefully we’ll have a successful season and all the best to everyone!

Genuinely sorry to lose you fella ,in fact sorry to lose any long term member....Its sadly becoming a trend and some posters seem blissfully
unaware to the damage they're  inflicting ..............Or do they ?

Happy posting.

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:25 am

Bunch of drama queens the lot of you. Get over it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:56 am

damjan193 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:25 pm wrote:Bunch of drama queens the lot of you. Get over it.

Thespian-hating homophobe!
:p
Thommo's perm

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:07 am

Benny's a tedious bugger a lot of the time, and certainly the most relentless poster I've ever encountered on any internet forum given the way he keeps coming back with an unashamed determination to make his point again no matter how many times he's made it before. That said, I'm not sure he's a WUM in the sense of being here with the sole and deliberate intention of causing aggro as he's not only stayed the course but obviously cares to take an interest in the club and its history.

Regardless of that, though, if everyone who is bothered by him either ignored him or refused to pander to those annoying tendencies he has there wouldn't be a problem. WUMs/'Bennys' can only 'ruin' forums if other posters let them. I've only seen a sample of his recent exchanges but it seems some of those replying to him have a hard time letting go and so unless he's been abusive, I don't believe he should be banned. Then again, I didn't believe a lot of other posters who were in fact banned deserved anything approaching that treatment so there's no knowing what will happen.

On the bigger question, I think there are a few reasons why the forum isn't what it was. Part of it is due to the forum dynamics and the way that they changed during the H&G years -- especially toward the end of Rafa's reign -- and the divisions that opened up as a result; it didn't help that there were so many volatile characters on the board at the one time. A lot of posters just got fed up with the bickering, the entrenched positions and the sour atmosphere it created.

There was also some highly questionable moderating which depleted the forum of a number of very good posters who for years had sustained the forum with informed and good-natured debate. Some were targeted and harassed and left of their own volition; others were targeted and banned outright for no other reason than that their opinions were controversial. The lack of posters to replace the contribution made by those who left or were banned is partly down to chance but it hasn't been helped by the performance of the team in the past few seasons; it's easier to dwell on a team playing well than one that consistently falls short of expectations.

You can also question the approach of the admin in keeping the forum an interesting place for discussion and debate. When there are so many fora to choose from I don't think it's enough to just sit back and expect the existing membership to make it happen and I know that the admin on other sites are aware of this and take steps to make sure their respective sites don't become internet backwaters. Are they on here?

If everyone took a bit more responsibility to get it back to where it was and acknowledged some of the problems of the past-- from admin to members to mods -- there's no reason this place can't become one of the best sites for LFC-related discussion once again.
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:36 am

I agree with you mate but the standard of moderating in the last 12 months has been atrocious - there simply hasn't been any. Bad Bob is an absent member, SupSub comes in makes a smart arsed comment then disappears again and Woof doesn't tackle the issues. So whats left? Benny continues to ***** people off. The point is, you can't ignore him because he posts every other message in every thread. He dominates the discussion whether he has anything to say or not. Most of it is waffle of little or no value whatsoever. Clearly however, he has no mates, or is in hospital or I dunno if they give you computers in prison these days. He's like one of those over powering girlfriends who won't give you your own space and wants to run your life. One last sh@g then show her the door in my day.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:50 am

No mates ? Hospital ? Prison ? Wow you speak so highly of me. Any other judgements about my private life that you feel like sharing ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:03 am

Yes, you want to get out into the real world more often.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:26 am

Oh i see plenty of the real world Reg. Any other petty insults you want to use ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:32 am

They're not meant as insults, its a psycho-analysis of your 40 post a day, 7 days a week syndrome.  :help
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:36 am

I actually would expect a better effort from you Reg - you actually appear to have a form of intelligence. Quite disappointing tbh. Oh well, won't assume again
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum