Action for Thread Derailing?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:55 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:52 am wrote:Can't believe how serious everyone is about this. There are actually some good points being brought up.

I see mostly the same Sh*t being posted.

This is the problem with spamming your opinion every other post, the good points that are made are lost amongst the spam.

I meant there are good points on this particular thread. That's how serious it is :D.

But I don't get you guys, I mean it's not that hard to recognize a spam. There are a few active posters and even less are spammers. You read the name (e.g. Benny), you read the first sentence of his post and you already know if it's a "spam" or he's making a point. It takes a few seconds. If it's a spam you just scroll down.
The issue is now bigger because other posters (no need to name them) tend to constantly argue with whatever BTN has written, and make a spam post themselves. But I use the same approach with every "spam" post and so should everyone else.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Well put.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:14 am

supersub » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 pm wrote:
Reg » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:02 am wrote:Woof, you've been the only mod on duty for the many months. Supersub mentions self moderation - which has clearly failed - but only you've been around so that's hardly a credible response from SS. Where self moderation fails, someone needs to step in. Excessive posting to the extent of worthless waffle and killing all discussion needs to be actioned. BTN is incapable of self moderating so needs either strong guidance or direct action to reduce the negative unrest that has been building up on the forum over the last 4 months. I really can't be ar$ed explaining it, but it is an undeniable fact that it has annoyed many - if not the majority of forum members. Yet the mods have not taken action in the interest of that majority. Its common sense mate.

Anyway, hope your holiday went well.

Log in just about everyday.....can't be bothered with your petty squabbles, got more important things in my life to worry about  than your school yard antics

Then don't be a moderator, its no big issue to pass the baton to someone else but its a job that needs to be done.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:05 am

Reg » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:14 am wrote:
Reg » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:02 am wrote:Woof, you've been the only mod on duty for the many months. Supersub mentions self moderation - which has clearly failed - but only you've been around so that's hardly a credible response from SS. Where self moderation fails, someone needs to step in. Excessive posting to the extent of worthless waffle and killing all discussion needs to be actioned. BTN is incapable of self moderating so needs either strong guidance or direct action to reduce the negative unrest that has been building up on the forum over the last 4 months. I really can't be ar$ed explaining it, but it is an undeniable fact that it has annoyed many - if not the majority of forum members. Yet the mods have not taken action in the interest of that majority. Its common sense mate.

Log in just about everyday.....can't be bothered with your petty squabbles, got more important things in my life to worry about  than your school yard antics

Then don't be a moderator, its no big issue to pass the baton to someone else but its a job that needs to be done.

Reg over the past month  i have

Received regular abusive PM's from one poster

Another poster abuse me openly on the forum every single time i post - talkking about me needing medication

Another poster telling me i was abused as a child

And then you join in my talking about me being in hospital or having no friends - and i get told i should self moderate myself !!

All because i post an opinion they dont like - i try and talk football and yet i get the abuse and the hate campaigns and the demands to be kicked off the forum.

Its a football forum where people should be allowed to openingly express their opinion without fear of abuse - if an mod believes that a poster steps over the line then they police the forum - not the baying mob.

One person wants the place to be like rawk !! The same place where you get banned if you utter one negative word about the owners.

You have recenlty returned and all you have done is have a go at me - how about you actually contribute to the discussions - instead of creating threads which just invite more abuse from the same people. I have tried to post less in recent weeks but even then that isnt good enough for some.
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:40 am

Reg » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:14 am wrote:

It 's you that derails most threads with you pursuit of BTN.........The forum could be tidy in an instant by kicking off 2-3 members but I'm sure they would return again as another alter ego , just as they always have done in the past.
Reg your input is primarily anti BTN with an occasional mention of Liverpool FC......I would be more than happy to delete all posts that contain any sly dig at another member but certain people would have a huge post count but no posts on the forum....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:06 am

It 's you that derails most threads with you pursuit of BTN.........The forum could be tidy in an instant by kicking off 2-3 members but I'm sure they would return again as another alter ego , just as they always have done in the past.
Reg your input is primarily anti BTN with an occasional mention of Liverpool FC......I would be more than happy to delete all posts that contain any sly dig at another member but certain people would have a huge post count but no posts on the forum....

If you want go to go down the route of treating the symptons rather than the cure than that's your prerogative - ban me, and don't worry I won't come back this time even with your permission.

However, would you rather us all follow your roll with Benny and become tedious and pedantic on the forum?  If so, you'll need to find a homogeneous personality transplant before that can happen.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:30 am

Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:06 am wrote:

If you want go to go down the route of treating the symptons rather than the cure than that's your prerogative - ban me, and don't worry I won't come back this time even with your permission.

However, would you rather us all follow your roll with Benny and become tedious and pedantic on the forum?  If so, you'll need to find a homogeneous personality transplant before that can happen.

"You have an uncanny knack for pushing people's buttons and then trotting out the righteous indignation when they react.  Some might call it trolling and it certainly doesn't encourage me to rush to your defence." BadBob
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:36 am

"You have an uncanny knack for pushing people's buttons and then trotting out the righteous indignation when they react.  Some might call it trolling and it certainly doesn't encourage me to rush to your defence." BadBob

Sorry, that doesn't wash.

Next...

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:59 am

Another poster abuse me openly on the forum every single time i post - talkking about me needing medication

And then you join in my talking about me being in hospital or having no friends - and i get told i should self moderate myself !!

All because i post an opinion they dont like - i try and talk football and yet i get the abuse and the hate campaigns and the demands to be kicked off the forum.

Its a football forum where people should be allowed to openingly express their opinion without fear of abuse - if an mod believes that a poster steps over the line then they police the forum - not the baying mob.

One person wants the place to be like rawk !! The same place where you get banned if you utter one negative word about the owners.

You have recenlty returned and all you have done is have a go at me - how about you actually contribute to the discussions - instead of creating threads which just invite more abuse from the same people. I have tried to post less in recent weeks but even then that isnt good enough for some.

As Babu said, you even admitted to being a WUM.

You mostly talk football to you use it to wind others up. You've even admitted it. But well done for being clever enough to stay within the forum guidelines, you've obviously deceived the mods and unlike Badbob you have got them rushing to your defense.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Well said KK.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby devaney » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:59 am wrote:

As Babu said, you even admitted to being a WUM.

You mostly talk football to you use it to wind others up. You've even admitted it. But well done for being clever enough to stay within the forum guidelines, you've obviously deceived the mods and unlike Badbob you have got them rushing to your defense.

Always the victim....

Yes BTN I suggested you should take some medication. Let's face it you did seem a little bit hyper at the time !!

As for me responding to every one of your posts with insults: now that is just a lie isn't it. Where the fk do you think I would find the time to respond to all your negative shight.

Reg also suggested prison as a possibility. You seem to have ignored that. I hope Reg didn't throw salt in an open wound.

BTN you reap what you sow with your relentless negativity. As for you posting less over the last few weeks it certainly hasn't been noticeable. If you are receiving insulting PM's then that is clearly unacceptable but if you throw bombs around at some stage they will explode.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Get the fck over it you sad little fckers !

You're way more annoying than he is with your consistent moaning and bitching about his opinions and character. If it was restricted to this thread then I wouldnt have even bothered opening it but its every fcking thread with one post from him ADDRESSING THE TOPIC WITH AN OPINION and then the next 5 of others attacking HIM rather than attempting to add anything to the topic at hand.

And then you come and complain about thread derailing... ffs... This board has always had members with very differing opinions arguing and not getting along with each other but it never got to the point where you had people starting threads to get others banned for it. Hell, BTN will be the first to tell you that I've probably been his biggest critic since the first day he joined at GYBS.

Whisper it, but the same mods you're calling on to take action will also tell you that the main reason behind the current state of the forum is the banning of some of the best posters on the forum because many (as is the case now) wanted their opinions censored. Not abuse, not breaking forum rules, just a general lack of tolerance to a differing perspective.

Get over it and get back to talking about the club.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Ace - I certainly don't want opinions censored. The reason in my opinion that BTN gets so much flack is because he is addicted to forums and seeks attention. He wants to have a significant presence. He has admitted to being a WUM. He clearly enjoys creating havoc and then blaming everybody else.

I do my best to ignore him because life is simply to short and I have a very different view of the club than he does.His constant stream of negativity that he posts in nearly every thread however is difficult to ignore.

Just look at the state of this place. No posts in hours even on match day. If you think that the members criticiising argumentative antagonists are the real problem then the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Anyway I will try and get back into ignore mode.......
Last edited by devaney on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:01 pm