Action for Thread Derailing?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Rush Job » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Homebooby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:49 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 am wrote:Bigmick won't ever come back to post here , enjoys posting where he currently is. Dundalk is well and posts on Twitter among with guys like Metalhead.

Tell him I miss him......I am certain that will sway it  :D[/quote

Oh well if only we could keep all the crying in here instead of every other threads the forum will be a better place. Anyone who doesnt believe in free speech this is your thread for a cry W*nk
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:32 pm

I wasn't very active on here when things started going downhill, but I remember that a lot of posters got banned for no reason and I think that that's one of the reasons for the current state of this forum.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Well I'm guilty of retaliating whenever Benny pipes up too. The fella's style of posting grates on me, however recently I've not answered him back as much, I've tried the ignore feature too. In fact I held out a cyber hand to shake in a thread not long ago , a chance to make up and put this to bed but he refused it so he gets what he deserves. Then we have other posters on here that prefer to stir it up by reporting everyone to the MOD's who goes against Benny. sad how its gone really.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:51 pm

I have never had a problem with any of Benny's posts tbh, he is an active and busy member of the forum which is to be comended

It is simple really, if you dont like or agree with what someone says, simply ignore the comment

I have been a member here for almost 10 years, i might not be the biggest poster but visit several times a day and read most posts, in all those years i have only been messed with once, but instead of reacting to it i chose to ignore it

This is a great forum imo and we should just enjoy it, live and let live  :hearts
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:31 pm

Don't agree with too much censorship or over moderation at all.

I did moderate on another football forum some years ago and its not easy either, but you have to allow
people to express themselves within reason even if the mods do not share the views.

Clubs can get too close to forums (certainly in the lower leagues) which is not healthy either and I have even known
censorship on transfer rumours so as not to scupper any potential deals, but do not know if this is the case at
a club of Liverpool's magnitude, and this is why so many 'independent' forums pop up.

From my experience this forum has no problems and its tame compared to some the material I have
witnessed elsewhere (unless its all deleted  :;): )
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:28 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:51 pm wrote:I have never had a problem with any of Benny's posts tbh, he is an active and busy member of the forum which is to be comended

It is simple really, if you dont like or agree with what someone says, simply ignore the comment

I have been a member here for almost 10 years, i might not be the biggest poster but visit several times a day and read most posts, in all those years i have only been messed with once, but instead of reacting to it i chose to ignore it

This is a great forum imo and we should just enjoy it, live and let live  :hearts

U from the 'diff too? I'm a Rhiwbina boy me
Homebooby

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Homebooby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:28 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:51 pm wrote:I have never had a problem with any of Benny's posts tbh, he is an active and busy member of the forum which is to be comended

U from the 'diff too? I'm a Rhiwbina boy me

was raised in whitchurch  :bowdown
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:28 pm

I suggest you Benny defenders take a look at the latest posts on the Brendan Rodgers thread. They typify the problem. Yes it takes two to bicker but there is only ever one common denominator. And as a result two more fed up posters are off for a self imposed sabbatical.

If you don't think there is a problem then that is clearly your prerogative but it comes to something when I receive a PM suggesting ways of how we can get rid of BTN. This was not the act of a childish member. It was a frustrated member who is clearly fed up with what has happened to the forum and looking for ways of how the forum can be improved. BTN has on numerous occasions stated that his has no intention of changing. If you sit comfortably with that then you can expect this forum's  continued demise.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:55 pm

devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:28 pm wrote:I suggest you Benny defenders take a look at the latest posts on the Brendan Rodgers thread. They typify the problem. Yes it takes two to bicker but there is only ever one common denominator. And as a result two more fed up posters are off for a self imposed sabbatical.

If you don't think there is a problem then that is clearly your prerogative but it comes to something when I receive a PM suggesting ways of how we can get rid of BTN. This was not the act of a childish member. It was a frustrated member who is clearly fed up with what has happened to the forum and looking for ways of how the forum can be improved. BTN has on numerous occasions stated that his has no intention of changing. If you sit comfortably with that then you can expect this forum's  continued demise.

So a poster is sending messages to try and find a way to get rid of another poster.

Pretty much sums it up for me.
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:55 pm wrote:
devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:28 pm wrote:I suggest you Benny defenders take a look at the latest posts on the Brendan Rodgers thread. They typify the problem. Yes it takes two to bicker but there is only ever one common denominator. And as a result two more fed up posters are off for a self imposed sabbatical.

So a poster is sending messages to try and find a way to get rid of another poster.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

You need to ask yourself why rather than simply dismissing it with one of your typically crass comments.

Only today as a result of your behaviour another two posters have left the forum - WELL DONE YOU MUST BE VERY PROUD !!!!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:41 pm

@ Devaney - if Benny annoys you, just block him mate, simple as  :grinning:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:46 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:41 pm wrote:@ Devaney - if Benny annoys you, just block him mate, simple as  :grinning:

Doesn't work. Just fks up the flow of the thread because every other comment is from BTN.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:10 pm

This all seems rather unfriendly :(

I'm new here still, about two years or something, and there's always been a little infighting which was amusing from a mostly by-standing point of view. Bennys always been here in my time and has always been this way.

I remember discussing rumours in the rumours thread some time ago which greatly annoyed him. It was funny, nothing more. I'm completley impartial but here's a few little notes:

Time moves much slower in the real world of football. There are though now many forums, news applications, 24 hour news channels and such. Some people, including myself, enjoy reading them almost as a hobby. News addiction isn't new. The news we receive on any forum will generally be the whole story thus far, plus whatever new snippet they picked up to spin the story out further. Sometimes the report will be the same story, jumbled up to look new.
I'll read a report one day and hear it on the BBC three days later, or read it here FIVE days later. Sometimes I'll read it here first.

Over the course of a five day period, I'll process this information, and if inspires, I'll perhaps post it here and see what you guys think. Ya know what? Rarely does anyone reply to me, and mostly it's Benny.

It dosent bother me that no one responds directly to me. I continue reading over the next week, noting that my thoughts have in fact been taken on board in the general theme of the next weeks chat. Im slow, chilled and usually happy to avoid conflict.

Now Benny is different. Benny is more hands on, likes to chat direct, and posts much more frequently, which of course effects the quality of his posting, which has knock on effects and drags topics all over the place. Long, slow cooking stories are discussed, passionately, aggressively, furiously, leaving the real news behind in a whirlwind of if's, coulds and shoulds. But he's not the only participant in these things, nor the only one guilty of the things he's accused of.

There's other kinds of posters too. I'd go on for ages but I've bored us all I'm sure.

To summarise...

Benny, post less, filter more. Respond to posts that are positive posts in your eyes, and scan over the rest. Stop giving people sh*t that they're only going to throw back at you.

Those who have problems with Benny, why not try the same tactic? Skip over his posts, quick scan, filtering out the rubbish?

Time to talk football again right?

Can't wait for the season to get going. Got a good feeling this year. Lets at least get united and positive.

Ps book recommendation Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby. Though its told from a gooners perspective when Micky Thomas did that whole Arsenal title thingy, it's a brilliant, insightful, though dated book. In it he claims that our moods reflect our teams performances, whilst our teams performances reflect our moods. Simple, innit? ;)
Last edited by RedAnt on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:15 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:41 pm wrote:@ Devaney - if Benny annoys you, just block him mate, simple as  :grinning:

The problem is mate - certain posters are too busy pointing a finger at me and constantly hounding me that they are blind to their own issues.

The fact certain posters are sending messages to each other to "find ways to get someone kicked off the forum" says all you need to know about them as a person and their mentality.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 pm

And you don't show the PM's you receive to little snitches like Rush job to stir up support.

You have even admitted you wind people up, yet constantly play the victim - which says a hell of a lot more about you than it does the people you wind up.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum