Action for Thread Derailing?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 am

Reg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:32 am wrote:They're not meant as insults, its a psycho-analysis of your 40 post a day, 7 days a week syndrome.  :help

No way can Benny see the light of day often. Based on post count alone, he has a hallmark trait of a spammer.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:44 am

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 am wrote:
Reg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:32 am wrote:They're not meant as insults, its a psycho-analysis of your 40 post a day, 7 days a week syndrome.  :help

No way can Benny see the light of day often. Based on post count alone, he has a hallmark trait of a spammer.

Can see daylight from where I am sitting right now pal.
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:55 am

Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:44 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 am wrote:

Can see daylight from where I am sitting right now pal.

Knowing where your head is mate, that's physically impossible.  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:59 am

That's quite a good one Reggie - getting better.
Benny The Noon

Postby RedAnt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Benny, please, please, please stop taking the bait. Reply to less posts and let others chat too.

Those who feel the need to continuously pick on the "tedious, sad little man with no friends" take a step back and look. Your fun has become a hate campaign, and you all whine about Benny spamming the forum. All I read these days is your abusive cr*p.

Benny talks a lot, yes, but at least he's talking football.

I bet mostly your nice guys. Stop being d*ckheads.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:33 am

Reg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:36 am wrote:I agree with you mate but the standard of moderating in the last 12 months has been atrocious - there simply hasn't been any. Bad Bob is an absent member, SupSub comes in makes a smart arsed comment then disappears again and Woof doesn't tackle the issues. So whats left? Benny continues to ***** people off. The point is, you can't ignore him because he posts every other message in every thread. He dominates the discussion whether he has anything to say or not. Most of it is waffle of little or no value whatsoever. Clearly however, he has no mates, or is in hospital or I dunno if they give you computers in prison these days. He's like one of those over powering girlfriends who won't give you your own space and wants to run your life. One last sh@g then show her the door in my day.

This.

WHERE ARE THE FECKING MODS?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:16 am

This "Fecking Mod" has just got back from what he considered as a well earned holiday in the south of France.

And Reg in response to your comment
Reg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:36 am wrote:
I agree with you mate but the standard of moderating in the last 12 months has been atrocious - there simply hasn't been any. Bad Bob is an absent member, SupSub comes in makes a smart arsed comment then disappears again and Woof doesn't tackle the issues. So whats left? Benny continues to ***** people off.

"The standard of moderating in the last 12 months has been atrocious and Woof doesn't tackle the issues" really ?
Unless I've missed something the only issue (singular) that seems to be of any real concern to an admittedly increasing number of members is the one surrounding Benny's membership of the forum.

Personally I may share others misgivings regarding BTN but as a mod I'm loathe to remove any member who has stayed pretty much within the forums guidelines, continued spamming and derailment of threads however is not acceptable and warnings have already been issued.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 am

Welcome back Woof.  :D

Was south of France nice?

I think France is nice, it's just a shame it's full of French people.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:02 am

Woof, you've been the only mod on duty for the many months. Supersub mentions self moderation - which has clearly failed - but only you've been around so that's hardly a credible response from SS. Where self moderation fails, someone needs to step in. Excessive posting to the extent of worthless waffle and killing all discussion needs to be actioned. BTN is incapable of self moderating so needs either strong guidance or direct action to reduce the negative unrest that has been building up on the forum over the last 4 months. I really can't be ar$ed explaining it, but it is an undeniable fact that it has annoyed many - if not the majority of forum members. Yet the mods have not taken action in the interest of that majority. Its common sense mate.

Anyway, hope your holiday went well.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:19 am

Holiday was great thanks lads although the French still insist on speaking French !. Good food and wine, touching 30c every day and with a swimming pool in the garden could hardly have asked for more.

On moderation Reg, not sure what's happened with Bad Bob but Supersub checks in on a regular basis. You can dismiss his call for self moderation if you like but with the exception of the issue surrounding BTN the forum has run pretty smoothly this year, virtually to the point where (in my opinion) intervention from the mods has seldom been required, I attribute this to positive input from the majority of our members.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:14 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 am wrote:Holiday was great thanks lads although the French still insist on speaking French !. Good food and wine, touching 30c every day and with a swimming pool in the garden could hardly have asked for more.

On moderation Reg, not sure what's happened with Bad Bob but Supersub checks in on a regular basis. You can dismiss his call for self moderation if you like but with the exception of the issue surrounding BTN the forum has run pretty smoothly this year, virtually to the point where (in my opinion) intervention from the mods has seldom been required, I attribute this to positive input from the majority of our members.

I agree that for the most part we are good at self governance.

Regarding Benny, I fully support his right for an opinion - regardless of the fact it tends to be 180 degree away from mine. What I take exception to is the continued repetition of this in virtually every thread. Everyone on here is fully aware that Benny wants the owners out and the manager replaced, what ruins the forum experience is having a perfectly decent conversation even debate derailed with replies he has already repeatedly stated. It is either a very poor method of attempted brainwashing or he is doing it to the enjoyment of watching members bite. I suspect the latter.

The removal of this behaviour (note not necessarily the removal of the offender) would remove the vast majority of bad feeling circulating around the forum at the moment.

I mean we just beat Stoke and for the most part had a great pre-season and have started the season very well yet the conversation revolves around responding to Benny in an effort to shut him up. No one can say we didn't try diplomacy, but when diplomacy fails you have to make things change

Over to you  :help
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Can't believe how serious everyone is about this. There are actually some good points being brought up.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Reg » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:02 am wrote:Woof, you've been the only mod on duty for the many months. Supersub mentions self moderation - which has clearly failed - but only you've been around so that's hardly a credible response from SS. Where self moderation fails, someone needs to step in. Excessive posting to the extent of worthless waffle and killing all discussion needs to be actioned. BTN is incapable of self moderating so needs either strong guidance or direct action to reduce the negative unrest that has been building up on the forum over the last 4 months. I really can't be ar$ed explaining it, but it is an undeniable fact that it has annoyed many - if not the majority of forum members. Yet the mods have not taken action in the interest of that majority. Its common sense mate.

Anyway, hope your holiday went well.

Log in just about everyday.....can't be bothered with your petty squabbles, got more important things in my life to worry about  than your school yard antics
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 pm

damjan193 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:52 am wrote:Can't believe how serious everyone is about this. There are actually some good points being brought up.

I see mostly the same Sh*t being posted.

This is the problem with spamming your opinion every other post, the good points that are made are lost amongst the spam.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:28 pm

What have I done wrong now ???
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum