Action for Thread Derailing?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Copied from RAWK but this is exactly the policy we need here.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=302219.0

Thread Derailing, Persistent Negativity and Agenda Driven Spin
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:58:07 AM »
We at RAWK Towers have been having a debate about what some of us term 'persistent negativity' and some  perceive it to be 'telling it how it is'.

RAWK has long had a tradition of being a site that tries to espouse all the best qualities of being a proper Liverpool supporter. We may be a right shower of ***** when we lose, but irrespective of a single match's result, or several, we still support the club, the manager and the players. We are or were, those who understood its all about the long term.

There is however an increasing concern about short-termism and persistent pessimism from a few but vocal set of posters.

This may be due to the non stop demand for news from 24hr multi platform news sites, feeding off and analysing every little scrap and titbit, actually hyping seeming nonsense into the status of 'important news' as there isn't anything else to talk about.

Or it may be that some of the fan base has changed into those who don't get it.

The majority of match going fans do not think that way. That's a fact.

We are currently thinking about the best way to proceed, because we have never wanted to prevent opinions being expressed, we make it quite clear: debate and criticise fairly and rationally but don't abuse and ***** take.

You could argue there should be a policy that allows more wariness of the owners, and in a way, we do have that on here. But one thing we won't tolerate is pisstaking, abusive writing and irrational name calling be it about our manager or our players...

So basically what we're saying is this:

Action will be taken on those posters who persist in commenting in every thread going, pulling threads down or derailing them with the same repetitive arguments time and time again.

We want posters to express their opinions good or bad, and we want healthy debate. However we do not want incessant angry pessimism clogging up every new thread.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Never been on RAWK but that actually seems like a good policy.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:09 pm

John on Rawk if you don't toe the party line then you don't post - it doesn't allow for free thinking or an opinion that might upset. Especially when it comes to the owners - can't say anything negative about them or you're gone.

Other forums have grown because of the amount of people that don't think it's wonderful at the moment being kicked out of Rawk going elsewhere to other forums.

It's a rule that basically allows a certain bunch to rule the roost.
Benny The Noon

Postby Rush Job » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:09 pm wrote:John on Rawk if you don't toe the party line then you don't post - it doesn't allow for free thinking or an opinion that might upset. Especially when it comes to the owners - can't say anything negative about them or you're gone.

Other forums have grown because of the amount of people that don't think it's wonderful at the moment being kicked out of Rawk going elsewhere to other forums.

I have to agree, sounds a bit collectivist to me. We certainly had a problem with negativity in the past when we were one of the best teams in europe but I think people have a right to ask hard questions of the owners and indeed the manager otherwise we might as well all get our ***** out and have a collective wa.nk fest.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Rush Job » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:33 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:09 pm wrote:John on Rawk if you don't toe the party line then you don't post - it doesn't allow for free thinking or an opinion that might upset. Especially when it comes to the owners - can't say anything negative about them or you're gone.

I have to agree, sounds a bit collectivist to me. We certainly had a problem with negativity in the past when we were one of the best teams in europe but I think people have a right to ask hard questions of the owners and indeed the manager otherwise we might as well all get our ***** out and have a collective wa.nk fest.

That's Rawk all over - very pro owners ( mainly because they bought us from H&G )

There was a thread started about Ian Ayre and some Huddersfield fans joined in and told the stories about what Ayre did at Huddersfield - the thread was deleted and the posters banned - all because it was very critical of Ayre ( who has met posted from Rawk ).
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:40 pm

I disagree. I am all for opposing opinions when they are given balanced representation.

When you derail virtually every thread with your negative repetitive arguments then it becomes a problem. Your lifestyle clearly allows you to spend more time on this forum that other typical posters. We have all heard your negative opinions, you made your point a long time ago, I believe if you continue to repeat your opinions in an effort to give undue weight to a conversation then that is tantamount to spamming and should be addressed formally.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:56 pm

I know you disagree - but Im also on Rawk and have witnessed the way posters are censored if their opinion doesn't fit in. I feel very strongly about my opinions and feelings about the club currently - I have posted on here for years and if you read my first three years I was massively positive ( in fact I was accused of being a WUM because I stood up against the Rafa bashers. ) -

that positivity has drained out of me first by H&G when they sacked Rafa and appointed Woy - got positive back when Kenny arrived but the last year I have seen nothing but mid table actions from the owners and manager and I hate it - i hate watching clubs like Spurs show more ambition than us , I hate seeing even our own stating we won't get near CL , I hate knowing that once again we won't be in the top comps and I hate feeling that the owners are not showing enough ambition to change that.

I'm not going to change my opinion just because faceless people on a forum don't like it ! I'm not going to change my opinion because a handful of keyboard warriors want to constantly hound me and insult me because I'm not of the same opinion. And I'm certainly not going to change my opinion because you think it's negative and you want to curtail and censor people who are feeling negative.

If we were winning every trophy going then we would all have lovely talks but we are mid table currently 7/6/8/7th - that's the last 4 years - no CL , no Europe this season and most seeing us going to be 6th this season - that's not good enough for me and I'll state that.

If you or the crew who post nothing but "negative" posts about me don't like that then report the offending post to the mods.

This forum has always allowed free thinking regardless if its positive or negative - if people wanted to be brain washed and censured - Rawk is perfect.
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:56 pm wrote:I know you disagree - but Im also on Rawk and have witnessed the way posters are censored if their opinion doesn't fit in. I feel very strongly about my opinions and feelings about the club currently - I have posted on here for years and if you read my first three years I was massively positive ( in fact I was accused of being a WUM because I stood up against the Rafa bashers. ) -

that positivity has drained out of me first by H&G when they sacked Rafa and appointed Woy - got positive back when Kenny arrived but the last year I have seen nothing but mid table actions from the owners and manager and I hate it - i hate watching clubs like Spurs show more ambition than us , I hate seeing even our own stating we won't get near CL , I hate knowing that once again we won't be in the top comps and I hate feeling that the owners are not showing enough ambition to change that.

I'm not going to change my opinion just because faceless people on a forum don't like it ! I'm not going to change my opinion because a handful of keyboard warriors want to constantly hound me and insult me because I'm not of the same opinion. And I'm certainly not going to change my opinion because you think it's negative and you want to curtail and censor people who are feeling negative.

If we were winning every trophy going then we would all have lovely talks but we are mid table currently 7/6/8/7th - that's the last 4 years - no CL , no Europe this season and most seeing us going to be 6th this season - that's not good enough for me and I'll state that.

If you or the crew who post nothing but "negative" posts about me don't like that then report the offending post to the mods.

This forum has always allowed free thinking regardless if its positive or negative - if people wanted to be brain washed and censured - Rawk is perfect.

The irony being that in your first three years you frequently attacked and abused those who you claimed had stupid opinions. How the tide has turned...
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Frequently attacked and abused ? I think you have me mixed up with someone else because I certainly never "frequently attacked or abused" anyone.
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:58 pm wrote:Frequently attacked and abused ? I think you have me mixed up with someone else because I certainly never "frequently attacked or abused" anyone.

I suggest you remind yourself by using the search function and wind back time.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:15 pm

7) DON'T ***** AROUND OR BE A WIND UP MERCHANT (WUM) - Morons are not allowed to spoil the enjoyment of people on this forum. Remember - this is a forum for you and your fellow Liverpool fans.  We're all on the same side here.  Users who continually go off topic, or appear to be on a mission to wind up fellow users will not last long. 

This is from another forum - aptly applies here.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:20 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:53 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:58 pm wrote:Frequently attacked and abused ? I think you have me mixed up with someone else because I certainly never "frequently attacked or abused" anyone.

I suggest you remind yourself by using the search function and wind back time.

i'll second that, go take a look... its all there
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:56 pm

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

Benny is your run of the mill internet troll and should be banned permanently for the good of the forum. The extremely tolerant and balanced moderator BadBob summed it up quite mildly in this quote:

"You have an uncanny knack for pushing people's buttons and then trotting out the righteous indignation when they react.  Some might call it trolling and it certainly doesn't encourage me to rush to your defence." BadBob

I have sent a PM to the owner of the site, user name LFC, expressing the view that Benny should be gone for good and if you want him off this forum you should do the same. A fresh season is upon us and it’s a good time for this forum to have a fresh start so we can get back to some sensible discussion.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:56 pm wrote:The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

Benny is your run of the mill internet troll and should be banned permanently for the good of the forum. The extremely tolerant and balanced moderator BadBob summed it up quite mildly in this quote:

"You have an uncanny knack for pushing people's buttons and then trotting out the righteous indignation when they react.  Some might call it trolling and it certainly doesn't encourage me to rush to your defence." BadBob

I have sent a PM to the owner of the site, user name LFC, expressing the view that Benny should be gone for good and if you want him off this forum you should do the same. A fresh season is upon us and it’s a good time for this forum to have a fresh start so we can get back to some sensible discussion.

I'll second that
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:54 am

Where is bob these days?

Come to think of it, aside from Woof, WHERE ARE THE BLOODY MODS?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum