Action for Thread Derailing?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 am

Come on guys, it's just a forum, don't take it so seriously.

Everybody should be entitled to an opinion, be it negative or positive. Benny included. You might not like him but he does make valid points at times, backed with good arguments. I, and everybody else might not agree with his opinions, but isn't that the point of a debate?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:29 am

damjan193 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 am wrote:Come on guys, it's just a forum, don't take it so seriously.

Everybody should be entitled to an opinion, be it negative or positive. Benny included. You might not like him but he does make valid points at times, backed with good arguments. I, and everybody else might not agree with his opinions, but isn't that the point of a debate?

Benny does have points, and he is worth a debate, my problem with him is this.

HE UTTERLY REFUTES EVERY OPINION AGAINST HIS.

By all means, raise a point, but don't take whatever your point is as gospel. Accept arguments, accept that people don't agree.

Benny doesn't do this. He writes something, and with a god like feeling he has, he is right. And he will ruin not threads, not posts, but entire forums to ensure everyone hears him.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 am

Sorry guys, but his actions are deliberate, badly disguised as debate.

He constantly distracts from his agenda. He frequently asks you to point out which post he said this or that, he urges us to report particular posts.

But its not a single post that can be pin-pointed. Its mainly the barrage of posts on the same point, slightly changed, all negative, hammering the same point.

No one has the time to put together a compendium of this troll's posts, but it obvious he knows what he's doing.

In the end though, I can't see why he's still here, because he has admitted he is a troll.

That should be enough, no?

edit: by the way, this thread is probably making him cream his pants. a whole thread about how wonderful he is. He will be in troll heaven. There is probably a 'Best of Trolling' website somewhere he and his troll mates are high fiving each other over the reaction he's getting. muppet

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:12 am

If there is a poster who is getting on your goat, just do what I've done - add them to your foes list. Anything they post is blocked and you don't see it. I'll admit that some threads are a little hard to follow if every second post is theirs, and I do miss good posts (of which there are quite a number truth be told) along with the bad, but it has made reading the forum a much more enjoyable experience of late and has worked for me.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:16 am

Raoul » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:12 am wrote:If there is a poster who is getting on your goat, just do what I've done - add them to your foes list. Anything they post is blocked and you don't see it. I'll admit that some threads are a little hard to follow if every second post is theirs, and I do miss good posts (of which there are quite a number truth be told) along with the bad, but it has made reading the forum a much more enjoyable experience of late and has worked for me.

That unfortunately does not rectify the problem when you have a full time poster derailing nearly every thread with his pathetic child like behaviour. Put him on ignore and the posts become impossible to follow. He also admits to be a poster on RAWK. Forums are his life and he confuses debate with being childishly argumentative. 

Personally I really haven't got a clue wether BTN is a Liverpool supporter or not. BTN is knowledgeable in footballing terms and it is a great shame that he choses to be so incredibly negative. When he is being a contributor rather than a WUM he can be interesting and add quality to a discussion. The problem is that on far too many occasions he simply reverts to type and goes out of his way to annoy people.

Forums are all about opinions good and bad which I don't have a problem with. How an opinion is expressed is also important.

BTN recently suggested to me that the forum has been a lot more active over the last couple of weeks. This was simply a desperate attempt at apportioning blame for the forums demise elsewhere. There are a lot of posters including myself that have a problem with his TROLL like behaviour and have pointed this out to him. Unfortunately he is incapable of realising the damage he is doing to this forum. Just look at how many posters have disappeared and then consider what the common denominator is for most threads being derailed time and time again.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:36 am

devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:16 am wrote:
Raoul » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:12 am wrote:If there is a poster who is getting on your goat, just do what I've done - add them to your foes list. Anything they post is blocked and you don't see it. I'll admit that some threads are a little hard to follow if every second post is theirs, and I do miss good posts (of which there are quite a number truth be told) along with the bad, but it has made reading the forum a much more enjoyable experience of late and has worked for me.

That unfortunately does not rectify the problem

It does if everyone does it!

I hope he changes the way he posts, because I do think he posts a lot worth reading. Just a shame there is a lot more I'm sick of reading.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:39 am

I would second Devaneys comments. I don't want to see anyone banned either, especially Benny as it is clear he has a good insight into football and the club. It's for that reason I am sure he isn't a WUM or fan of another club. We all need to learn to get along here and this is not the first time that this discussion has come up in the 9 yrs I have been following the board. We have had many people taking themselves too seriously on here, most of whom chose to leave for varying reasons and whether I agreed with them and their approaches or not, it's clear that resources are continually stripped from the forum by the active members leaving. A lot of people read for views and insights and that alone, they're not active contributors and if you have no content, the board dies.

The only rule that needs to be imposed here is to stay on topic as the topic states. Most of Bennys concerns are towards the owners and the manager and there are threads for both. Unforunately most threads disappear into debates on those v. topics each time, killing the discussion and resulting in a v. monotonous underlying theme. It ISN'T just Benny who does this however and a number of people need to take a look at themselves.

It's up to us guys, we own the content of the board. Either you feed it or you kill it. The choice is yours.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:43 am

Oh yeah and we could use a little more humour and banter on the board nowadays.....

For me the righteous indignation period started around the H&G era and that's when everything started to get a little too serious on here and we (like the club) are still recovering from that.

I miss the fun that Drummerphil, Sabre, JBG and Lakes brought to name but a few. Woof was always on hand for a wry one liner as well just to let everyone know who was really in charge.......Let's try and get that back instead.
Homebooby

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:49 am

Homebooby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:43 am wrote:Oh yeah and we could use a little more humour and banter on the board nowadays.....

For me the righteous indignation period started around the H&G era and that's when everything started to get a little too serious on here and we (like the club) are still recovering from that.

I miss the fun that Drummerphil, Sabre, JBG and Lakes brought to name but a few. Woof was always on hand for a wry one liner as well just to let everyone know who was really in charge.......Let's try and get that back instead.

I miss Dawson  :(
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 am

Ben Patrick » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 am wrote:
Homebooby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:43 am wrote:Oh yeah and we could use a little more humour and banter on the board nowadays.....

And Reg, Thommo, Dundalk, Big Mick (even if he was a rambling nutter !!) Cissy (for her overbearing and forthright views) Nanny, BadBob, Woof, Supersub to name but a few. I know some of them still post but it is very infrequent.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:38 pm

That pr1ck  :D  (joke)
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:43 pm

devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:54 am wrote:

And Reg, Thommo, Dundalk, Big Mick (even if he was a rambling nutter !!) Cissy (for her overbearing and forthright views) Nanny, BadBob, Woof, Supersub to name but a few. I know some of them still post but it is very infrequent.

I agree with all of the above, in particular I was a fan of Big Mick and was sad to see him throw his toys out of the pram.

Not looking to badmouth, but Ciggy was one of the ones I was referring to as people I didn't agree with a lot of the time. Forthright and overbearing is right and around the H&G time it got pretty hysterical at times and the whole situation clearly had a heavy impact on her. Again, not looking to start a war here as I would love to see her back too, but around that time, she definitely went toxic and that for me set the downward trend on the board.

I'm gonna put a shout out to St.Mick as well...whoop whoop......

Come on back ye load of miserable barstwards.  :buttrock  :D
Homebooby

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Bigmick won't ever come back to post here , enjoys posting where he currently is. Dundalk is well and posts on Twitter among with guys like Metalhead.
Benny The Noon

Postby Homebooby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 am wrote:Bigmick won't ever come back to post here , enjoys posting where he currently is. Dundalk is well and posts on Twitter among with guys like Metalhead.

Tell him I miss him......I am certain that will sway it  :D
Homebooby

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:19 pm

when things pick up on the field then so will the forum. if we are playing well when the season starts and the results flow then the board will be thronged again  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum