Jose hoping to snare simao

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Tue May 16, 2006 12:05 pm

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has admitted that he is hoping to bring Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa to Stamford Bridge.

The Portuguese international has long been a target for Liverpool who came close to snaring him last summer.

That deal ultimately failed to materialise as the two clubs were unable to agree a fee, but that is unlikely to be a stumbling block for the Premiership champions.

Mourinho is looking to freshen up his title-winning squad and began the process by unveiling Michael Ballack on Monday.

Simao could be the next arrival with the Blues coach revealing he is preparing to offload one of the four attacking wide-men (Joe Cole, Arjen Robben, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Damien Duff) already on the books at Stamford Bridge.

"Simao has the quality to play for Chelsea," Mourinho stated at the Portuguese Sports Press Association awards ceremony on Monday evening where he picked up the Portuguese coach of the year award.

"We have four fantastic players in that position, but one will leave this summer.

"Simao could arrive but we are still in negotiations with Benfica."

Mourinho could make it a double swoop on Benfica having also revealed he is in the market for an experienced third-choice goalkeeper.

Having dismissed the possibility of moving for either Ricardo (Sporting Lisbon) or Vitor Baia (Porto), he left the door open to Quim who is the current number one at Estadio da Luz.

Joaquim Manuel Sampaio Silva, or Quim as he is better known, has been at Benfica since the summer of 2004 and would seem to fit the bill for Mourinho who said: "We will get an experienced goalkeeper - someone who has already been there and done it and who will be calm when called upon."

from SSN

---------------------------

Well i know this has nothing to do about Liverpool, but there is a hint that Mourinho would want to offload one of the wingers, so will Liverpool take SWP?

I heard that Mourinho is interested in loaning SWP to us with the option that he wont play against Chelsea.

any thoughts?

Source
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue May 16, 2006 2:29 pm

Mourinho is a muppet isn't he, he so wishes he was Rafa :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue May 16, 2006 2:34 pm

Paul C wrote:Mourinho is a muppet isn't he, he so wishes he was Rafa :;):

agree, he took the "special" word from Rafa!!  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue May 16, 2006 5:04 pm

They can have Simao. I don't think someone like him (i.e. some big headed euro super star) would fit with the LFC way.

Also - Maureen knows that Rafa has the tactical egde over him and thinks that buying big will solve his problems. I for one think Ballack is a great signing by Chelsea (for Liverpool). He will come in arrogant as f*ck and upset the likes of Lampard and Terry. Can't see him and Lampard fitting into the same team. Add Simso to that and there is a massive clash of personalities. Take all these big headed european w@nkers Maureen.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 16, 2006 5:50 pm

Too be honest I haven’t seen enough of Simao to give an opinion on whether he is what we need or whether he will be successful in England.

But it looks as though SWP is on his way out of Chelsea, and Simao may replace him. We can’t compete with Chelsea when it comes to transfers so we can move onto other targets.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill