Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:15 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:18 am wrote:I think we really need to push hard for Bellingham in January to have any hope in buying him. Alot of our rivals will have blown most of their budgets in the summer window so will likely not be able to afford to buy him untill next summer because of ffp.

If we leave it untill the summer it will become a auction.. and that's not something we ever get involved with.

It might be £100+m but it's potentially a 10-15 year investment with his age. And if for whatever reason he wants to leave in that period, it'll cost a team £100m to buy him.

Great potential without doubt but I'm not convinced that we'll beat other clubs to sign him  :( .

I'll continue to bang a drum for the signing of Neves from Wolves. Think this fella would be a perfect fit for our midfield

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:09 pm

If we had rolled the deadwood I agree we'd need one major signing but as it stands we need to bring in 3-4-5 players to replace Ox, Naby, Bobby, Hendo and Thiago so we can't afford Bellinghqam. And other first teamers are burnt out. Trent should have gone off injured in the first half today but he didn't because he don't have a proper replacement.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:26 pm

Mbappe has had a falling out with PSG and is wanting to leave. PSG are refusing to sell him to Real Madrid.. so the Mbappe2023 liverpool rumours are back in full flow.

If he really wanted to join us it had to happen before he signed a new contract.

I dread him leaving PSG, going to one of our rivals, and then PSG going hard to get Salah.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:43 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:26 pm wrote:Mbappe has had a falling out with PSG and is wanting to leave. PSG are refusing to sell him to Real Madrid.. so the Mbappe2023 liverpool rumours are back in full flow.

If he really wanted to join us it had to happen before he signed a new contract.

I dread him leaving PSG, going to one of our rivals, and then PSG going hard to get Salah.

I just keep reading reports that he is hard to manage, big ego. We need to uncover gems, that’s our thing.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:48 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:26 pm wrote:Mbappe has had a falling out with PSG and is wanting to leave. PSG are refusing to sell him to Real Madrid.. so the Mbappe2023 liverpool rumours are back in full flow.

It's sad that so many top footballers, despite their already accumulated millionaire wealth still seem to put money ahead of their footballing ambitions.

Mbappe to Liverpool ? No chance, he'll either stay where he is on a ridiculously re negotiated contract or f*ck off to Spain for an even higher payday.

Salah ? OK, hindsight is a bitch, but he's probably now worth half the market value he had at this time last year. We should have sold him ! (like I said "hindsight is a bitch"  :D  )

No doubt about it, we are in decline. Massive rebuilding job required, similar to when Jurgen first arrived at the club. Not sure if he'll be given the funds to make it happen.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:56 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:48 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:26 pm wrote:Mbappe has had a falling out with PSG and is wanting to leave. PSG are refusing to sell him to Real Madrid.. so the Mbappe2023 liverpool rumours are back in full flow.

It's sad that so many top footballers, despite their already accumulated millionaire wealth still seem to put money ahead of their footballing ambitions.

Mbappe to Liverpool ? No chance, he'll either stay where he is on a ridiculously re negotiated contract or f*ck off to Spain for an even higher payday.

Salah ? OK, hindsight is a bitch, but he's probably now worth half the market value he had at this time last year. We should have sold him ! (like I said "hindsight is a bitch"  :D  )

No doubt about it, we are in decline. Massive rebuilding job required, similar to when Jurgen first arrived at the club. Not sure if he'll be given the funds to make it happen.

Or if he has the energy for another project.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:57 am

First you have to stop the slide, then rebuild. We're faced with the same issues Arsenal had 1-2 years ago. No time to be dreaming of Bellingham or Mbappe, we should have bought them straight after the CL final in Madrid in 2019.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:47 pm

Aurelien Tchouameni reveals why he turned down Liverpool move in summer
November 22, 2022
Jack Lusby

Aurelien Tchouameni, a high-profile transfer target for Liverpool in the summer, has explained why he turned them down in favour of Real Madrid.

This season has brought understandable criticism over the club’s failure to sign a midfielder, with a shortage of quality in the middle of the park.

But it wasn’t as though Liverpool didn’t try.

With Tchouameni, the 22-year-old France international, deciding on a move away from Monaco, recruitment staff identified him as the perfect candidate.

Reports in both England and France corroborated the Reds’ interest, but ultimately, the player opted to join Real Madrid in a deal worth around £85 million.

Replacing Casemiro at the Bernabeu, Tchouameni has been in excellent form so far this season, which only magnifies the disappointment that he turned down a switch to Merseyside.

Speaking to Le Parisien this week, the midfielder revealed Liverpool were his “first” offer, but “everything was clear” when Real emerged as an option.

“The first to come forward was Liverpool, we had discussions. Then Real arrived,” Tchouameni explained.

“And in my head everything was clear. It was Real and not another.

“It’s the biggest club in the world. If you want to accomplish great things, to mark the history of your sport, there is no better.

“So I didn’t hesitate for a second. I told my agent: as long as there is interest, we do everything to go there.

“I was already convinced. When Paris showed up, my choice was already made, even if I was happy to be approached by PSG.”

Aurelien Tchouameni of AS Monaco (Image: Jonathan Moscrop / Sportimage/Alamy Live News)

Though it is now academic, with Tchouameni a Real player and Liverpool left to move on, it is interesting to hear him speak about discussions with the club.

It shows their desire to bring in a midfielder in the summer, but also their resolve to only do business for the right player.

Whether a ‘Tchouameni or nothing’ approach was realistic is another matter entirely, though much will depend on their chances of signing Jude Bellingham in 2023.

Unfortunately, Tchouameni’s comments on Real being “the biggest club in the world” highlight the difficulty Liverpool and their peers still face in convincing certain players to join them over the Spanish elite.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:38 am

Watching him against Australia tonight you can see why we wanted him so bad. He would have been the perfect fit for our midfield. Gets about the pitch brilliantly and uses the ball really well. Will go to be an exceptional player. Shame Madrid came in for him as it sounds like we had a decent chance of bringing him in if they hadn't.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:40 pm

Liverpool 'reach Enzo Fernandez agreement'

Huge claims have emerged from the Argentine press stating that Liverpool have reached an agreement in principle for Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez.

The deal wouldn't go through until the summer of 2023 but Fernandez would be a huge coup for the Reds, who are expected to add midfield reinforcements over the coming transfer windows.

Fernandez started the World Cup on the bench for Lionel Scaloni's side but barged his way into the starting XI, where he has excelled en route to the semi-finals.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:39 am

Millions of rumours around at the moment..... Anyway, we have Naby.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:13 pm

Reg » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:39 am wrote:Millions of rumours around at the moment..... Anyway, we have Naby.

With the World Cup going on and the January transfer window round the corner it’s certainly silly season. We’ve been linked with Enzo Fernandez, Jude Bellingham, Sofyan Amrabat, Mohammed Kudus, Cody Gakpo, Josko Gvardiol, Moises Caicedo, etc.

I do think we might generally see more transfers this January than normal with players holding back in the summer of fear of not settling at their new clubs and losing their place in the national side and then you often get players holding back in January for the same reason ahead of a summer tournament but that's not the case this January.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:22 pm

kazza » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:47 pm wrote:Aurelien Tchouameni reveals why he turned down Liverpool move in summer
November 22, 2022
Jack Lusby

Aurelien Tchouameni, a high-profile transfer target for Liverpool in the summer, has explained why he turned them down in favour of Real Madrid.

This season has brought understandable criticism over the club’s failure to sign a midfielder, with a shortage of quality in the middle of the park.

But it wasn’t as though Liverpool didn’t try.

With Tchouameni, the 22-year-old France international, deciding on a move away from Monaco, recruitment staff identified him as the perfect candidate.

Reports in both England and France corroborated the Reds’ interest, but ultimately, the player opted to join Real Madrid in a deal worth around £85 million.

Replacing Casemiro at the Bernabeu, Tchouameni has been in excellent form so far this season, which only magnifies the disappointment that he turned down a switch to Merseyside.

Speaking to Le Parisien this week, the midfielder revealed Liverpool were his “first” offer, but “everything was clear” when Real emerged as an option.

“The first to come forward was Liverpool, we had discussions. Then Real arrived,” Tchouameni explained.

“And in my head everything was clear. It was Real and not another.

“It’s the biggest club in the world. If you want to accomplish great things, to mark the history of your sport, there is no better.

“So I didn’t hesitate for a second. I told my agent: as long as there is interest, we do everything to go there.

“I was already convinced. When Paris showed up, my choice was already made, even if I was happy to be approached by PSG.”

Aurelien Tchouameni of AS Monaco (Image: Jonathan Moscrop / Sportimage/Alamy Live News)

Though it is now academic, with Tchouameni a Real player and Liverpool left to move on, it is interesting to hear him speak about discussions with the club.

It shows their desire to bring in a midfielder in the summer, but also their resolve to only do business for the right player.

Whether a ‘Tchouameni or nothing’ approach was realistic is another matter entirely, though much will depend on their chances of signing Jude Bellingham in 2023.

Unfortunately, Tchouameni’s comments on Real being “the biggest club in the world” highlight the difficulty Liverpool and their peers still face in convincing certain players to join them over the Spanish elite.

What's interesting is that it might be working in reverse this time. There's loads of noise out there that Bellingham and his family currently prefer Liverpool over Madrid and City. For me there has been too much smoke out there recently (some of it from decent sources) for there to be no fire. It wouldn't surprise me if we are trying to secure a deal now for him come in the summer but Madrid and City will be trying to convince him that they are the better option.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:10 pm

The Haarland package is worth £275 million, why would Bellingham not be in the same range? Don't see how we can afford it mate and, trying buy Tchouameni for £85m also suggests we're not in the race. Very happy to be proven wrong but even if we get Bellingham, we still need to replace 4-5 other players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:10 pm

The Haarland package is worth £275 million, why would Bellingham not be in the same range? Don't see how we can afford it mate and, trying buy Tchouameni for £85m also suggests we're not in the race. Very happy to be proven wrong but even if we get Bellingham, we still need to replace 4-5 other players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill