Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:45 pm

We need to sign players and stop being reliant on flogging 11 players into the ground. Get f*cking rid of keita, Ox and Bobby this window and replace them.

According to transfermarket our incomings this season are £77.22 million and Outgoing £72.63 million.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:13 am

Rumours online we have bid 71 million euros for Frankie de Jong.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:29 pm

That De Jong rumour has really picked up pace over the last hour. It's a exciting signing, and it'll really frustrate the mancs who's been linked with him all summer.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:07 am

Seen this knocking about and it's a good read!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoChatra/sta ... 3924164609

I can smell a signing or 2 in the next week  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:23 am

red till i die!! » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:07 pm wrote:Seen this knocking about and it's a good read!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoChatra/sta ... 3924164609

I can smell a signing or 2 in the next week  :laugh:

We spent 2% of our turnover over four years on net spend compared to City (8%) and ManUre (19%), that sound shocking but remember we are probably paying for the main stand, training facilities and now another stand. Although they have been spending a small portion of the turnover on transfers, the owners have upgraded a very old stadium and have a built a state of the art training facility. It is easy to flog the owners because we they are not p1ssing money away on every hot player on the market but they have made us a very well managed club. If you can keep a good team on less money than your rivals then that is a good thing long term surely. They sometimes have been slow to pull the trigger on occasion but we have had good players coming and others leaving at an organic rate.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:13 am

2% of turnover is shocking kazza considering the club would have taken in over 2 billion in that timeframe.  The other clubs are incurring stadium expenses as well so imo that's not really an excuse. They are investment people so focus on stuff that has a quick profitable return like the stadium. No risk there.

They are not backing the manager beyond a top 4 challenge because that's the aim every year. To keep that money coming in. It's only because of Klopp that we punch higher and now he's struggling to reach that level due to the lack of investment. We scraped over the line 2 years ago for the CL and had we not the repercussions would have been taken out on the squad. Without that money the team will get punished.

I thought our spend was poor anyway and certainly not befitting of a Club like Liverpool. One of the biggest names in world football and one of the top earners but we behave like a bottom table side. Have done since FSG came in and will continue to do so as long as they are here. When Klopp goes the penny will finally drop imo.

Anyway they won't like someone of Mo Chatras stature writing pieces like this and I reckon as a result that player we were finally waiting for will now be available.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:16 am

Just to add Kazza that the 8% of city's spend is to maintain a winning team and still 4 times what ours is. Manure are playing catchup so that's why it's 19%. What is it that we are trying to achieve with ours?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:00 pm

Alot of rumours linking us with Douglas Luiz. He's into his last year of his contract with Villa and would cost around £20m.

I've watched a few Villa games since Gerrard took over, I've also watched to see how Coutinho gets on. To be honest I think Luiz looks bang average.. that Jacob Ramsey stands out more. I'm guessing Luiz fits our criteria though.. he's cheap, under 26, and got sell on potential.

I've been watching clips of another player we've been linked with called Kouadio Koné. Now he looks like someone we need. He's 21, good control, dynamic, full of energy. But he'd cost closer to £40m.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:25 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:00 pm wrote:Alot of rumours linking us with Douglas Luiz. He's into his last year of his contract with Villa and would cost around £20m.

I've watched a few Villa games since Gerrard took over, I've also watched to see how Coutinho gets on. To be honest I think Luiz looks bang average.. that Jacob Ramsey stands out more. I'm guessing Luiz fits our criteria though.. he's cheap, under 26, and got sell on potential.

I've been watching clips of another player we've been linked with called Kouadio Koné. Now he looks like someone we need. He's 21, good control, dynamic, full of energy. But he'd cost closer to £40m.

Melissa Reddy mentions Kone here: https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/stat ... 3107796994

Club like him but Borussia Mönchengladbach not selling.
Eagle

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:34 pm

Rumours of face ache we have bid for teilamens from Leicester.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:14 am

So it's a deadline day deal for a season long loan with no option to buy for a player who has never played in the PL before and won't be familiar with Klopp's system/tactics. Does smack of just getting a warm body through the door. Although having played for Barcelona, Juventus, and Brazil, he does have good pedigree.

David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein
Liverpool working on deal to sign Arthur from Juventus. Proposal is for a season-long loan. 26yo Brazil international midfielder flying to the UK as we speak to undergo medical + complete move. W/
@JamesPearceLFC
after
@DiMarzio

#LFC #Juve #DeadlineDay
Eagle

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:13 am

Arthur loan was agreed overnight between us and juventus. He is currently on a plane over here for a medical.. he seems injury prone to me.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:12 pm

I remember Juve paying a lot of money for this guy. Never really justified the amount payed for him and is also most definitely injury prone. If he can stay fit however, he might be an ok addition to our squad for this season. Though I feel that we'll just be paying the wages of someone who spends most of his time in the infirmary room.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:05 pm

Considering this lads injury record you would have to wonder why we are bothering. Juve obviously had enough of him and are prepared to let him go after only 2 years. I know there is always a risk when bringing in players but that is higher when you are looking at ones with bad injury records in the first place.

Some people accuse fans of wanting the club to just sign players for the sake of it but that is exactly what the club is doing here. They are signing a risky player as a stop gap with no commitment to buy so why just bring in a pair of legs for the sake of it.

Our problem is we have an aging midfield and are reliant on lads with dubious injury records to support it so what is the fooking point in adding to that!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill