Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:12 am

Bellingham would be class.... only 19 and would be oir engine room for 10 plus years if he buys into the club amd hangs around.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:29 am

Am yet to be convinced that any 19 year old is worth a multi million pound punt. Man United, Arsenal etc.. have all made them and it's a pure gamble. Bellingham, like Sancho has never played in the Premier League, it's a different level of skill, endurance and stress.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:40 am

From watching Klopp in the last years I think it all depends on personality. Sancho was already friends with Rashford and seems of the same type. If Bellingham is calm and sensible, above his age then it is worth the gamble. We have the best coach in the world for making world class players, as long as they have the right personality. Apparently he hangs out with Hendo in the England camp so that may say something.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:38 pm

The reason you pay so much for young talent is because of the longevity. We'd pay big money on Bellingham on the basis he'd be a mainstay in our midfield for the next 10+ years. I think everyone in Europe will be after him so it will be tough. And I can't see Dortmund willing to sell him this year after letting Haaland go. Plus Bellingham has already said he's staying.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:43 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:19 pm

I read we showed an interest in Sterling, I certainly hope not. Fast but misses too many chances and carries a bit of baggage with him. One of those I feel better rooting against rather than for.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:21 pm

He deserves to play and what we have is much better and still young, best thing for all parties. The more we get the better.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:30 pm

Another great example of the Academy being self financing.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:31 am

https://theathletic.com/news/liverpool- ... m3BacH3Ez/

Liverpool agree £17 million fee with Nottingham Forest to sell Neco Williams

Liverpool have agreed to sell Neco Williams to Nottingham Forest for a fee close to £17 million.

Forest head coach Steve Cooper had identified the wide defensive positions as key areas to strengthen ahead of Forest's return to the Premier League. He is now set to bring in Williams to play on the right and is aiming to sign Omar Richards from Bayern Munich to play on the left.

Williams, 21, would feature at wing-back on the right of a three-man defence, which is Cooper's preferred system at Forest.

Liverpool were happy to sell Williams after bringing in Calvin Ramsay as Trent Alexander-Arnold’s deputy in a £6.5 million deal they struck with Aberdeen.

Williams has been with Liverpool since under-9s level and accepted he needed to move on this summer to secure regular game time ahead of November’s World Cup in Qatar.

The Wales international has made 13 senior appearances for Liverpool but spent the second half of last season on loan with Fulham. He played 14 times, scoring twice. Williams also won promotion to the Premier League while at Craven Cottage.

On the left side, Forest are also keen to recruit Harry Toffolo of Huddersfield Town, who has only a year left on his contract and is likely to cost in the region of £2.5 million.

Cooper has already added striker Taiwo Awoniyi from Union Berlin, defenders Guilian Biancone and Moussa Niakhate from Troyes and Mainz respectively and Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson — on a season-long loan — to his ranks.

Wolves attacking midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White is also a target.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:41 am

Neco Williams' exit is imminent. So in terms of players who are likely to leave before the window closes on 1st September, that probably just leaves Nat Phillips, Sepp van den Berg, Rhy Williams, and Ben Davies. Loan deals seem more likely at the moment. Still think there might be a chance that Ox moves on and we bring in a replacement. But if we're confident of getting Bellingham next summer, maybe we'll let Ox run down the final year of his contract.

Got our work done early this year which means we can concentrate on matters on the pitch.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:50 pm

Reading rumors that we are interested in Anthony from Ajax
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:00 am

Surprised if we would sell van der berg as he was being hailed as the new Virgil a few seasons ago.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:10 am

Don't know about the new Virgil, but it doesn't look he's given up on breaking through here. He did really well with Preston over the last 18 months at RWB and then CB. Their fans loved him. I'm guessing we'll look for a loan for him at a higher level than midtable in the Championship.

red till i die!! » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:00 am wrote:Surprised if we would sell van der berg as he was being hailed as the new Virgil a few seasons ago.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/sepp-van-den-berg-i-learned-so-much-loan-now-i-want-show-it

Sepp van den Berg: I learned so much on loan - now I want to show it

Sepp van den Berg is eager to impress on his return to Liverpool after time on loan with Preston North End that he felt saw him grow in all departments.

The Dutch defender was at Deepdale for the majority of the last 18 months, making 61 appearances in the Championship and gaining vital senior experience.

He began pre-season training back with the Reds last week and speaking to Liverpoolfc.com ahead of the second outing of 2022-23 – versus Crystal Palace at Singapore National Stadium today – Van den Berg explained his aim to express the development he enjoyed at Preston.

“I needed it, to be fair – game time again,” he said. “Now I’ve got something to come back here and show what I’ve learned and try to impress everyone. It’s definitely something I needed.”

Read on for the rest of our interview with Van den Berg, conducted after Thursday’s open training session in front of thousands of local supporters in Singapore.

The 20-year-old discussed the emotions felt during Liverpool’s tour of Asia this week, the benefits of playing for Preston and his objectives in the short term.

On Thursday’s open training session in Singapore…

The whole tour has been amazing. I’ve never been to Asia but even when we went to Bangkok, the support is unbelievable. Of course you know Liverpool is a massive club but I never expected so many people just to come to watch us train, and even before as well. It has been a great experience.

On whether the level of support has come as a surprise to him…

It always does. I know back home it’s crazy. Somehow you don’t expect the other side of the world to be the same. To be fair, the people here are in love with Liverpool as well, it’s really great to see.

On his fitness, having started pre-season training last week…

We have been training pretty hard. The weather doesn’t make it easy as well – it’s quite warm here. But for everyone it’s just getting fitness back, rhythm and everything. We’ve only played one game, another one [against Palace]. Personally, definitely I’m getting there and I think everyone else is getting there as well.

On the 18 months he spent with Preston…

I was there one-and-a-half years. It was a long time. It was great there. I played a lot of games; I think especially for a centre-back it’s important to have game experience. I played against some good teams, a tough league. I have definitely grown – in size, that’s one thing! But just everything really. It has been a great loan but now I’m happy to be back.

On whether he has spoken to the manager about the plan for him in the coming season…

I had a little chat with him about the loan last season. But it’s too early for that. With so many players, everyone is trying their best to impress and of course to get fit. For me now at the moment, it’s really to enjoy. It’s a great experience to be here. It’s a great experience to be back training with the guys as well, of course the level is outstanding. I’ve missed it. For me personally now, it’s just try to get back and impress everyone and we’ll see what happens.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:14 am

kazza » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:50 pm wrote:Reading rumors that we are interested in Anthony from Ajax

After Salah signed a contract extension recently, I can't see us spending decent money on a left footed attacker who plays on the right.

The media keep linking up to attackers after Mane left but we've already bought in Nunez, Diaz, and Carvalho. I don't think we'll do anymore incoming business unless someone leaves or a special opportunity comes up for a long term target like Bellingham.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:38 am

We paid 500k for him with potential add-ons of 1.1mil which would not have been triggered as he never played a minute of football for us! Preston get 20% of the fee but a tidy little profit for us. He was reportedly one of the better CBs in the Championship and we only got him so cheap because he had 6 months left on his contract. Best of luck to him with Rangers and he might even get Champions League football if they get through the qualifying round.

paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
·
15h
Rangers have agreed a £4m deal with Liverpool for Ben Davies
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill