Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Penguins » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:41 am

Reg » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:18 am wrote:Werner wanted to be 1st pick, not 4th.   

Jota's possibly prepared to play a support role this season whilst developing his game, anticipating that he'll become the preferred choice over one of the 3 by next season.

I think that's it. Jota would be ok playing 15 games, Werner wouldn't....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:08 am

Reg » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:18 am wrote:Werner wanted to be 1st pick, not 4th.   

Jota's possibly prepared to play a support role this season whilst developing his game, anticipating that he'll become the preferred choice over one of the 3 by next season.

I think this has probably played  big part in Klopp's thinking.

Squad unity is a key part of our success, and we will not bring in anyone who will upset that.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:38 am

Also bring reported that we're only paying a fraction of the fee for Jota this year and the rest will be paid installments.  I'm assuming that played a factor in the Werner deal as they probably wanted a bigger fee up front (whether you believe him or not, Werner has also stated that he chose the Chavs over us)
Red Indian

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:00 am

I think Jota will actually be a incredible signing. If you've watched wolves play last year you'll see that Jota played like a old school Winger tracking all the way back helping his fullbacks. At us he'll be playing in a more dangerous position and won't be expected to track so far back.. He's quick and very tricky on the ball. The fee is high, but I think Klopp sees potential in him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:33 pm

The fee for Jota is being reported as ‘rising to £45m’ so my guess is that it’s substantially lower than that, Wolves probably only get the full £45m if he wins the league, makes 200 appearances and scores a hat trick in a CL final or something.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:35 pm

All of the above is probably true.

Fine with coming of the bench, starting fewer games, much less money up front, Hoover going the other way etc.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:03 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:00 am wrote:I think Jota will actually be a incredible signing. If you've watched wolves play last year you'll see that Jota played like a old school Winger tracking all the way back helping his fullbacks. At us he'll be playing in a more dangerous position and won't be expected to track so far back.. He's quick and very tricky on the ball. The fee is high, but I think Klopp sees potential in him.

He’s obviously not a top drawer type of signing but as you say he’s one of those tricky players who gives everyone he plays against trouble. Bellamy was a bit like that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:40 am

Looks like Wolves are trying to spend the Jota money quickly with a move for Oxlade Chamberlain. I really like Ox, I think he's a good player, and I think he's good for morale aswell. But his injury record is terrible, and he's also 27 so his resale value will rapidly decrease after this year.

We have so much cover in midfield I'd be tempted to let him go and try and invest the money.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:32 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:40 am wrote:Looks like Wolves are trying to spend the Jota money quickly with a move for Oxlade Chamberlain. I really like Ox, I think he's a good player, and I think he's good for morale aswell. But his injury record is terrible, and he's also 27 so his resale value will rapidly decrease after this year.

We have so much cover in midfield I'd be tempted to let him go and try and invest the money.

Hate to say it as well but that injury he picked up against Roma was on the 24th April 2018, that’s two and a half years ago now and he hasn’t looked the same player since, after that length of time you have to start wondering if he ever will be the same player again (which in all fairness was absolutely phenomenal, at the time of his injury he looked the best player at the club).
It’s a terrible shame because not only did it look like he was just about to fulfill that early promise that he showed at Arsenal and develop into the elite player he always threatened to be but he was great in front of the camera’s as well, he was pretty much the perfect professional footballer i.e great on the pitch and great off it but then fate stuck it’s fvcking oar in and dealt him a sickening double ligament injury.
:no
If Wolves come in for him in a big way the club will have a decision to make and it’s one that I wouldn’t want to make personally because he’s such a great lad and was so unlucky.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:53 pm

James Pearce saying there's zero chance of us selling Ox this transfer window. Tbh, if they offered something close to what we bought him for, I wouldn't say no to the move.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:08 pm

We should sign that RB of Brighton’s, Tariq Lamptey, what a player that lad is going to be. I find it staggering that one of the big clubs haven’t snapped him up already.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:08 pm wrote:We should sign that RB of Brighton’s, Tariq Lamptey, what a player that lad is going to be. I find it staggering that one of the big clubs haven’t snapped him up already.

He clocked a top speed of 35.2km/h that first half which is up there with the quickest players in the world last year.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:08 pm wrote:We should sign that RB of Brighton’s, Tariq Lamptey, what a player that lad is going to be. I find it staggering that one of the big clubs haven’t snapped him up already.

The Chavs let him go. Apparently thought he wasn't going to make it.
Mind you, they did the same with Mo.
  :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:40 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:38 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:08 pm wrote:We should sign that RB of Brighton’s, Tariq Lamptey, what a player that lad is going to be. I find it staggering that one of the big clubs haven’t snapped him up already.

And de bruyne...

In fact, I think a few of those young lads at Chelsea will be off sooner or later. They've clearly given up on the 'give youth a chance' approach, now Fat Fwank has his expensive new toys
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:57 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:38 pm wrote:

Really? He was at Chelsea and they let him go? He’s like a one man army playing at RB
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill